XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Convertible top not latched

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2021 | 04:07 PM
|
Default Convertible top not latched

convertable top not going down. windows go down but only opens 3"
I tried a manual retarction by pulling the roof back and raising the tension bar. I had to pull the tonaeu cable in the trunk to open.
the top would not seat into the compartment by a faily log way. toneau would'nt close. I pulled the top back up but the triangle light is on now and says convertable top not latched. the toneau doesn't seem to relock. IRear windows don't go up now and the top will not move forward or backward.
I tried reseting the windows no result. i went to the fuse box between the rear seats and could determine the f8 fuse. I unpluge the four relay xoxes one at a time. one of them started making a buzzing noise behind the glove box for about a munite. still nothing works. tried a hard reset to without helping.
so I am backe where I started. this morning I could lower my rear windows and the top would retract 3" then I could reverse this and top would seat and rear windows would go up. now I have the triangle light for unlached top and nothing works. Can anyone advise?? PS I have tried reseting windows several times also.

Last edited by GGG; 05-08-2021 at 06:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2021 | 04:27 PM
Veteran Member

You need to go back to how you started and manually stow the top again.. You can only reset from this position.

This time wait 30 minutes for the system to fully depressurize and then (after you have returned the pump to the full clockwise position) have a helper press the tonneau lid cover flush as you you attempt to close the top with the interior button. Also be sure the cover in the trunk in properly deployed and the trunk is shut or the top will not operate.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 05-02-2021 at 04:53 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by WhiteXKR:
GGG (05-02-2021), MarkyUK (05-02-2021), ralphwg (05-02-2021)
Old 05-02-2021 | 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Loads if threads on this subject to be found if you use the search function OP*

Apologies if your new to the internet and/or forums

*original poster

Old 05-03-2021 | 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Donald Anthony Calhoun
convertable top not going down. windows go down but only opens 3"
I tried a manual retarction by pulling the roof back and raising the tension bar. I had to pull the tonaeu cable in the trunk to open.
the top would not seat into the compartment by a faily log way. toneau would'nt close. I pulled the top back up but the triangle light is on now and says convertable top not latched. the toneau doesn't seem to relock. IRear windows don't go up now and the top will not move forward or backward.
I tried reseting the windows no result. i went to the fuse box between the rear seats and could determine the f8 fuse. I unpluge the four relay xoxes one at a time. one of them started making a buzzing noise behind the glove box for about a munite. still nothing works. tried a hard reset to without helping.
so I am backe where I started. this morning I could lower my rear windows and the top would retract 3" then I could reverse this and top would seat and rear windows would go up. now I have the triangle light for unlached top and nothing works. Can anyone advise?? PS I have tried reseting windows several times also.
it's a problem with your pump that functions your convertible top and i don't think you'll be able to fix this on your own since you don't know how to reset it enough to see if that fixes it.You gone have to take it to the dealership and have them fix it