XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Coolant Reservoir Cap? 120 kPa vs 140 kPa

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 05:10 PM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Hmm see post 12, snapshot from the service manual. It says 140. Did Jaguar change their mind somewhere down the road?
One could assume they were trying to deal with over heating issues and increased the Coolant System Pressure. To me this is the only thing that makes sense. But it also doesn't make sense to increase pressures on a system that is prone to rupture coolant hoses/fittings. OK course when everything is new the system can probably handle it fine, it is years later when out of warranty do the aging coolant hoses/fittings become a problem...for US. LOL

Just a thought,

Dave

Old 04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by 10XKR
One could assume they were trying to deal with over heating issues and increased the Coolant System Pressure. To me this is the only thing that makes sense. But it also doesn't make sense to increase pressures on a system that is prone to rupture coolant hoses/fittings. OK course when everything is new the system can probably handle it fine, it is years later when out of warranty do the aging coolant hoses/fittings become a problem...for US. LOL

Just a thought,

Dave
Right, I was thinking the same initially Dave. A 29psi cap makes sense for the track. That's why I was asking if there was a bulletin on it. I suppose with a 50/50 mix of coolant it may help. I'm confident there's good logic behind it.