XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Custom paddle shifters prototype

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by Snide72
Jahummer ... I appreciate your willingness to answer my question ... but as a 65 year old geezer ... I haven't a clue what VIA/SDD means! My first thought is ... a new STD? ... but on 2nd thought ... maybe not.
You gotta be careful where you put it…

IDS/SDD is the official Jaguar diagnostic system used to look at fault codes, change options, load new software, etc. What jahummer is saying is: a Jag dealer or indy shop with the right software tool can make the change.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ngarara:
jahummer (02-20-2014), Snide72 (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow! Very very nice! Can you share the cost of these enhancements please? Looks great!!!

Old 02-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

With shipping which was expensive due to them being based in Istanbul turkey and installation at dealer I am at 9k. The wheel itself was by far the most expensive. There is a core refund that I could get back for $2500 for my original parts which would bring cost to $6500 but I think I am going to hold on to them just in case this ever becomes a collector car in the time that I will own it.

The following users liked this post:
hawaii (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 11:42 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by russduka
With shipping which was expensive due to them being based in Istanbul turkey and installation at dealer I am at 9k. The wheel itself was by far the most expensive. There is a core refund that I could get back for $2500 for my original parts which would bring cost to $6500 but I think I am going to hold on to them just in case this ever becomes a collector car in the time that I will own it.

You are the only GT owner on the forum. Most XK members I'm sure, as I have, read and seen some of the fantastic reviews of your unique XKR-S GT. We will sure like you to comment more on it in this forum.

The CF looks great. It should have came this way from Jaguar. What other mods do you have planned for your car? Would an ECU (ECM) tune be in order?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:48 AM

I actually am definitely getting a tune either from eurocharged or rsc. I will also get the pulley done and already have a set of 200 cell cats from milltek that I also will be installing.

By the way your are correct that the car should have come like this from jaguar.

DGL (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

russduka- Do you happen to know Hershel? He mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he had a friend in NY that just bought a GT

Old 02-20-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MaximA
russduka- Do you happen to know Hershel? He mentioned to me a few weeks ago that he had a friend in NY that just bought a GT

Yes I know Hershel from rsc. I used RSC for my xjl supercharged. Have the same plug an play module you had mentioned in some other posts. I also got the pulley and the exhaust from rsc for the xjl. I had previously used them on my 2010 xkr for ecu and pulley which also had miltek sport cats, quick silver super sports cat back exhaust, the at the time "speed pack body kit" and also had the "75" racing stripe down the center. ( it was really a 74 but who knows the difference) Will post a pic of that car if I can find one. At work now so not really many pics to post. will have better luck from my home comp.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:13 PM
Veteran Member

Thats what I thought, hes a good friend of mine and I've known him for around 6 years now. Not too many GT owners around and when I saw staten island I thought it might be you. I think he may have asked if you were interested in my ADVs at one point.

I'm using his exhaust, pulley and tune right now which I'm happy with but am trying out some different tunes. I will probably get this cats as well depending on timing or just go with the Milteks as they available right away.

Your GT is gorgeous and I'd love to see pictures of the others when you have time to post them.

Old 02-20-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey guys seen this post a few days before I joined. Thought I would be able to show the carbon ones I had made for my gt. Got them done by nexxon motors based out of Istanbul. They actually did all interior trim for me in real carbon including custom flat bottomed wheel with grips on sides and green and red stitch to match the rs logo colors , glove box, trim around steering wheel and the area by drivers knees among other parts. I think I have attached pics but not sure if im doing this right. I will try to post paddles first and will post the other just for your reference. also will include a pic of my cars. by the way the xj is front of my customers house while I was on a jobsite visit

Sweet ride and your interior came out great! Please share more specifics on what was done and the break out of the cost. Did you have to send them the original parts or did they custom make everything from scratch? Very nice job indeed!

Old 02-20-2014, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by MaximA
Thats what I thought, hes a good friend of mine and I've known him for around 6 years now. Not too many GT owners around and when I saw staten island I thought it might be you. I think he may have asked if you were interested in my ADVs at one point.

I'm using his exhaust, pulley and tune right now which I'm happy with but am trying out some different tunes. I will probably get this cats as well depending on timing or just go with the Milteks as they available right away.

Your GT is gorgeous and I'd love to see pictures of the others when you have time to post them.

Yes he did ask about a set of wheels and I told him I was actually keeping the stock gt wheels I have on the car.

Here are some pics of my 2010 xkr and my 2012 xkrs that I have previously owned. I also am including a pic of me and Ian Callum when I met him here at my office in Brooklyn. The last car was a special graffiti xkr they did for some promo event that I was at. enjoy the pics

Attached Thumbnails Custom paddle shifters prototype-039.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-041.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-045.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-047.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-075.jpg  

Custom paddle shifters prototype-112.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-113.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by russduka:
FrickenJag (01-09-2016), MaximA (02-20-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by hdavidson
Sweet ride and your interior came out great! Please share more specifics on what was done and the break out of the cost. Did you have to send them the original parts or did they custom make everything from scratch? Very nice job indeed!

Thanks

The only part I sent was the center rotary shifter set up which dealer gave to me for free since jaguar had promised my gt for july 28th and I didn't receive it till mid January. About 6 months late. Here is the invoice attached from nexxon motors. It was actually a bit more than I had stated in previous post ( must be my mind trying to remember stuff being cheaper in some way to make it seem ok to me ) Either way here it is plus an additional $300 I spent on shipping that Is not reflected in breakdown.

Attached Thumbnails Custom paddle shifters prototype-img_1243.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by russduka:
MarkyUK (04-15-2020), MaximA (02-21-2014)
Old 02-20-2014, 04:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

I didn't know they did that "75" centre-stripe graphic for anything other than the press car - all the 75s I've seen either have the 'mascara' stripes over the wheel arches or nothing at all (like mine). I know yours wasn't an actual 75, but I didn't realise there was more to the optional graphics kit.

Sorry, jahummer - nicked your thread again

Old 02-20-2014, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ngarara

I didn't know they did that "75" centre-stripe graphic for anything other than the press car - all the 75s I've seen either have the 'mascara' stripes over the wheel arches or nothing at all (like mine). I know yours wasn't an actual 75, but I didn't realise there was more to the optional graphics kit.

Sorry, jahummer - nicked your thread again

I actually had the stripe put on based on measurements we pulled off a large photo on the internet. It was a metallic finished vinyl. I also brought in the same vortex wheels your car came with as stock but the offset was from the 09 xkrs and they would rub in the back so I had them removed and put them on my 12 xjl supercharged about a year later. Also the wheel had come in stock silver and had them diamond cut and sprayed black on the inner area of wheels. They are just getting those wheels as an option in the states 4 years after I had mine already here in the states

Old 02-20-2014, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member

Small world, I was with him when he called!

Your cars are gorgeous! I love he black XKR

Old 02-20-2014, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Thanks

The only part I sent was the center rotary shifter set up which dealer gave to me for free since jaguar had promised my gt for july 28th and I didn't receive it till mid January. About 6 months late. Here is the invoice attached from nexxon motors. It was actually a bit more than I had stated in previous post ( must be my mind trying to remember stuff being cheaper in some way to make it seem ok to me ) Either way here it is plus an additional $300 I spent on shipping that Is not reflected in breakdown.

Did I read your quote right $499 for CF shift paddles?

Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Schwabe
Did I read your quote right $499 for CF shift paddles?

yes $499 for the shift paddles in carbon

Schwabe (02-21-2014)
Old 02-21-2014, 08:12 AM
Veteran Member

hmmmmmmm, whole new ballgame ... basically that is what is charged for aluminum paddles from Jag ....

Old 02-21-2014, 08:17 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks

Thats actually a very good price for that much carbon and that quality. Damn now I wish I didn't order the black Piano interior pieces... ugh

Do you have contact there I could talk to? I'd really like to have my Alcantara wheel flat bottom and also add red stitching.

Last edited by MaximA; 02-21-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
hmmmmmmm, whole new ballgame ... basically that is what is charged for aluminum paddles from Jag ....

The CF paddles look sooo good, only if the rest of your interior compliments it in CF like Russ did with his XKR-S GT. Introducing another new material and texture to the interior, like carbon fiber, will look odd, after market, and out of place if it is the only CF in the interior. On the other hand if you get the complete kit as Russ has, it'll transform the interior into a master piece. $5,000 (with core exchange) for the complete CF interior kit, which includes steering wheel, paddles, glove box, all trim including lower dash and console is a fantastic deal. I'm considering it...However, I'm leaning towards the aluminum larger paddles being designed and leaving them as is or having them anodized black gloss to match my trim. . My 2013 SLK55 AMG has CF interior, a suede AMG steering wheel, and CF paddles from the factory. The combination looks outstanding. Nothing looks out of place.

Last edited by DGL; 02-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member

Well, yes and no, there is no aluminum in my interior at all.

There is simulated CF in the leather in the seats and door.

The CF is dark enough behind the wheel that it does not pop out at all in the XKR-S all black interior much less so then a silver aluminum paddle. There is certainly no plastic like the current shifters anywhere else in my cockpit maybe in the trunk.

Then you have all the exterior CF parts on the XKR-S.

Attached Thumbnails Custom paddle shifters prototype-capture33.jpg   Custom paddle shifters prototype-%24-kgrhqfhjbkfh-yuio9wbr-k6btmqg%7E%7E_4.jpg  

Last edited by Schwabe; 02-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom paddle shifters prototype