XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

DAB / DAB+ retrofit for X150

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to this.. :-p

Hi,

Finally got the car of Dreams.. and especially mine.. a 2007 4.2 N/A.. but.. as some have already experienced.. and some will. we here in DK will also soon loose FM.

So.. can anyone tell me what has to be done and partnumbers for which part s will beneccassary to get DAB in my Jag? It is by factory equipped with the Alpine set up..

Cheers and thanks in Advance Ken

Old 09-07-2019, 05:38 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbg60
Hi,

Finally got the car of Dreams.. and especially mine.. a 2007 4.2 N/A.. but.. as some have already experienced.. and some will. we here in DK will also soon loose FM.

So.. can anyone tell me what has to be done and partnumbers for which part s will beneccassary to get DAB in my Jag? It is by factory equipped with the Alpine set up..

Cheers and thanks in Advance Ken
Welcome to the forum Ken.

I sent you an email. Cheers.

Old 09-20-2019, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
As it turns out there is a different module for DAB+ in the X150 and pre-facelift X250, the p/n of that one is DW83-14F720-CA, it also needs the adaptor cable if you're upgrading from an existing DAB module.

The CPLA version module is only meant for the later cars with IAM2.1 infotainment, and while it does work in the older system in the X150 & pre-facelift X250, I've come across some issues, with some modules, in some particular cars, where the channel list disappears after an ignition cycle. The software in the DW83 version is particular for these cars and that problem doesn't happen.

It is possible to fit a CPLA module to a car that needs the DW83 version, and then flash it with SDD to correct version.

I have several of the DW83 version here on the shelf, they aren't easy to find 2nd hand...

You can order the DW83-14F720-CA as a new part, p/n C2P25499, the power adaptor cable is C2D22599.
Do you just splice the new cable onto the previous one - I'm assuming it's simply 12Vdc? Doing the CPLA version into a 2010 Xk and guess I'll need it flashing after it's installed. The previous one just died...

Old 06-29-2021, 03:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default X150 2011 model

Originally Posted by Cambo
OK here's what I know...

First of all you must have the Alpine or Bowers & Wilkins audio, the head unit in the Base system (without sub) does not support DAB at all. If your car has a Base audio, then the only way to do this is a retrofit of the Premium System, with sub, and the Premium head unit.

If you have a 2010MY onward car, then DAB was an option from the factory, and standard JLR DAB or DAB+ module can be installed, there is some missing wiring (which I can sort you out with), you need an antenna and an antenna amplifier (spares available from Jag or aftermarket), and finally you need access to a proper working JLR SDD dealer diagnostic tool.

If you have a 2006.5MY to 2009MY car, this is where it get's a little murky. DAB was not an option in these cars, and although the head units from 2007MY onward are the same as the ones in the Land Rover Freelander2 / LR2 which can support DAB, could be that the earliest X150's will need a newer head unit fitted, not 100% sure on that.

The other piece of the puzzle is the touchscreen. It's clear now that the touchscreen hardware can support it (the touchscreen in my 2009MY XKR is the exact same hardware as earlier cars) the kicker is the software in the touchscreen.

Having checked the software version in the factory touchscreen in my 2009MY XKR, it is very strange, because it's a software version that is not held in the JLR SDD diagnostic system, my touchscreen actually has a newer software in it than what's available in the SDD. How this happened is unknown, and I am trying to find this out. I am trying to get hold of this newer software version, through various channels.

The DAB+ module I used is a regular JLR one from the 2013MY-onward XF, XJ, and various Land Rover vehicles. I have been making the antenna cables, power cables and MOST fiber optic extensions because they are no longer available to buy as spares from JLR.

Then once it was all hooked up, I enabled the Digital Audio Broadcasting with SDD. And to my surprise, it worked!

If you have a 2010MY onward, this is pretty straight forward, I can help you out with the missing cables, and other bit's if you need.

If you have a 2006.5MY to 2009MY, there's a few open points we need to figure out still...
Hi - I have just bought the XK 2011 5.0l car and am wondering how to get a DAB module fitted - I'm really technical but having read the threads I am non the wiser! If were to source a used DAB module - I have yet to find one - will i need extra wiring fixings apart from the Ariel? I have come across several F/range Rover modules are these compatible? any help will immensely appreciated. I am in the UK.

Old 04-18-2022, 02:15 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

My US-delivered 2010 Portfolio was exported to my country (The Netherlands). It has the Sirius extension.

I wonder whether it is doable to exchange this Sirius module by the DAB+ module, and even using the Sirius antenna.
That would almost be plug-and-play.

Does anyone know whether this is possible? The Sirius module will be for sale anyway, since it does not serve me in Europe.