XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Door Parking Light Image Projection

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 05:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Door Parking Light Image Projection

Hi All, entertaining the idea of the jaguar leaper logo projecting from the parking lights on the bottom of both the driver and passenger door. I have seen this on some modern cars and like the look on the pavement as doors are opened.

Anyone have any experience, thoughts or recommendations on this? Seems pretty straight forward so far as installing any kit that might be available. I have a 2008 XKR Convertible. I do not think this will affect the stock nature and resale value of the car in a negative way... easily reversed.

Any other illumination mods recommended (with good taste in mind that is)?

Old 01-05-2017, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Do a search for 'puddle lights' and you'll find several threads on the topic. Several members have done it.

Old 01-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

I love mine, the Red Ringed Leaper lights. They are fairly difficult to find the Red Ring ones now, however. The most prevalent location to find them is eBay. Be sure to get the CREE LED, as it is a much better light.
Wow, I tried searching eBay right now and the HTML on the site is messed up.

Now, with a later search.....
2x7w Ghost Shadow Laser Projector Logo Courtesy LED Light Door Step for JAGUAR | eBay

Last edited by Cee Jay; 01-05-2017 at 08:38 PM. Reason: eBay pulled its head out
Old 01-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

Do all these kits require drilling? I was hoping to find something that is bolt on and uses the existing courtesy light. Not exactly sure where the holes are drilled for this, but will probably not want to modify too much from stock.

Do you have a pic of the actual installation location?

Old 01-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by J5hort
Do all these kits require drilling? I was hoping to find something that is bolt on and uses the existing courtesy light. Not exactly sure where the holes are drilled for this, but will probably not want to modify too much from stock.

The hole is drilled into the bottom edge of the door card, and it's plastic. You would only be able to see it if you laid on the floor and looked up. The hole is also in the inside of all the door seals so there is no worry of weather-fastness.
There are units that clip into place where the original red/white light is located, but those cast an elliptical image and it is quite distorted.
Once the lights are installed you would never want to remove them anyway, so 'keep it stock' is nothing you would ever worry about.
If for some crazy reason you DON'T like them, remove them and put a small piece of tape over the hole. Or don't, it won't make much difference.

Old 01-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by J5hort

See post #30 of this thread:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ts-xks-114619/

Read the entire thread for an analysis of the various options available.