XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

DVD always on?? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 12:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts
Default DVD always on?? HELP

Apologies for the new thread, but I'd have to spread this across a few threads and I'm hoping someone has a quick answer. The bullet points:

- had the battery replaced four months ago. Didn't do it myself (should have); not by a dealer.
- drove cross country.
- had one completely random day where the car wouldn't start one morning. AAA came, hooked up cables, car started up. Only time that happened.
- however, had the TPMS lights a-blinkin for a while. Have a tire guage, all four tires are spot on.
- then, on the drive across, the touch screen died. Like, black This happened on start-up after having parked the car for lunch. Fired it up, no screen. Has been black since then and is black still. (FYI, manual console buttons work for climate control but steering wheel buttons do NOT work for radio. And parking assist is out)
- so I decide to try the "hard reset by disconnecting battery and touching cables." Bad news: sockets don't fit over threaded post. Waste of time, need new stuff that I don't have in LA
- BUT BUT BUT... while I'm accessing the battery, I hear a faint noise.... it's the DVD player (for the navigation, I assume?) in a constant loop: spin up, as if it's trying to play a disc.... spin down.... turn off. On again.... spin up... spin down... off. This is about a 10-second cycle. It's eternal.
- AND the car is completely turned off and the keys are not in the car.

I slide the DVD player to Unlock, press the EJECT button... nothing. The cycle continues. So...

Is THIS what's draining the battery?
Or is this some weird side effect of whatever the problem is with the touch screen, and is a RESULT of the battery drain??
What the hell is going on??
Has anyone else had this?

I'm flabbergasted. Like I said, help.