XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Feline hair

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 07:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feline hair

Hi All,

One of my neighbours cats has decided that they like sleeping on the top of my XKR convertible. Nice and soft I agree but the top is now covered in cat hair. Does anyone know of a product that I could spray onto the top to discourage this?

Thanks in anticipation...

Chris

Old 03-24-2016, 07:50 AM
Received 4,284 Likes on 3,703 Posts

I'm not sure about what to spray to keep the cat off (other than spraying the cat with water when you see it - have another solution but PETA may not like it), but I have the same problem and just use a lint roller to remove the cat hairs

Old 03-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

hi Chris,

not sure that you want to discourage it. He is keeping the rodents away. Ask me how much damage they can do. For some reason unknown to science they love chewing through wires. if you want to discourage the cat, use some rather concentrated perfume/or air freshner, they wont sleep in it.

Also consider some dressing for the top that has anti-static properties, the hair wont stay on it. i believe cquartz makes a product that keeps even water off it.

Old 03-24-2016, 11:23 AM
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Be careful using perfumes, some contain pheromones which would encourage the cat to rub it even more to try and 'out-scent' it.
I have a couple of cats and without a doubt the best thing for removing hair is the Lint rollers as mentioned previously.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:51 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

I would be just, if not more, concerned about the path the cat uses to get to the top. You can find several recommendations online, but would suggest using a cover until cat changes pattern so nothing actually gets on on top.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:52 PM
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by old_dawg
I would be just, if not more, concerned about the path the cat uses to get to the top. You can find several recommendations online, but would suggest using a cover until cat changes pattern so nothing actually gets on on top.
I had the same problem 3 years ago and the neighbours cat was long haired and white.It was very difficult to get off and had to use a clothes brush.
I considered most to the options that you could buy like high pitched tones etc.spraying water was not possible as the dames thing was long gone before I could get anywhere near.
My solution was to get a soft top cover .It is a 4 layer breathable one and cost about £60.
It works well and it only takes a few seconds to put on.It can go on to a wet car as well. It has the added bonus of keeping the weather off the roof so no green algae and also keeps the the sun off the inside as well.

I use the car 2 to 3 times a week so it is just sitting there most of the time so a cover was a good solution. Only issue I have had is that the elastic that keeps the cover on looses its elasticity after a while ,so I will probably need a new one fairly soon.

You need to a a breakable model and one that doesn't mark or scratch the paintwork.
I did get into the habit quite quickly of putting the cover on.
The neighbours cat doesn't go the roof anymore but occasionally my own cat sit on the cover on the car until it sees me or I shoo it away. My biggest fear is a cat clawing the roof and the cover does give some protection for this as well

The following users liked this post:
Queen and Country (03-25-2016)