XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Finally in control

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 09:21 AM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Finally in control

So, I know ya'll already know this. But I love the control I have in this car! My last two vehicles were 06 Jeep Wrangler w/4" lift and 35" tires w/ manual trans. It was fun to drive, but a lot of work. Then I bought my, 3rd in my lifetime, Chrysler Sebring Conv. It was a 2010 hardtop conv. ltd, and I was pretty happy with it, but still dreamed of a Jaguar. In June I was in an accident with it. There is this one road we take to get to the marina where our boat is and its been under construction for EVER! There are a SEA of large orange cones for a couple of miles. The road is hilly and curvy and the cones take you from one side of the road and back again all the way through. Oh, and ever so often one of those damned cones is out of place, either slightly or significantly. One night coming home from the marina in the dark, one of the cones was out in the lane, on a curve and I jerked the wheel and hit the curb, only if the curb had just been the normal curb I probably would just have some rash on the wheel. However, the curb was indented for a storm drain there and I hit the corner and it ripped my wheel damned near off the car and did about 6k worth of suspension and underneath damage.

After getting it back I it felt the same as before so know that the repairs were done well, but I realized how I never really felt in control of the car. The steering play, the reaction of the steering, I really felt a little out of control, didn't trust the car and was extremely nervous going through the slalom that is that construction zone. Well, its nearly December and the cones are STILL there. But now, I drive the Jag through it and the car goes exactly where I put it. There is no steering play, no wobble, leaning, nothing.

It is an absolute JOY to drive this car. I love it. I just wanted to share the love!

The following 3 users liked this post by mrsclark:
JackJohn (11-28-2017), ralphwg (11-30-2017), Schmitty63 (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsclark
So, I know ya'll already know this. But I love the control I have in this car! ... It is an absolute JOY to drive this car. I love it. I just wanted to share the love!
Now go drive an XKR! Woohoo!

The following users liked this post:
Ranchero50 (11-28-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Now go drive a 5.0 XKR! Woohoo!
I fixed this for ya

Old 11-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 970 Likes on 654 Posts

watch some car crash videos on Youtube, then come back and tell us which ones go spinning on the interstate. Hint, it's usually skinny tired econoboxes.

What flavor boat?

Old 11-28-2017, 10:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I fixed this for ya
Nope, it doesn't need fixing because my XKR's waterpump is still OK. (But the one in my XJ 5.0SC died and was replaced under warranty). You're right, the 5.0SC is a beast, but the 4.2SC is no slouch, sounds better, and is bulletproof.

Old 11-30-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
watch some car crash videos on Youtube, then come back and tell us which ones go spinning on the interstate. Hint, it's usually skinny tired econoboxes.

What flavor boat?
Its a Bennington pontoon.