XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Finally my very own XKR vert

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Finally my very own XKR vert

Today I feel like I graduated from hangaround to a full member of the community as the papers were signed on the car of my dreams. I found a 2007 XKR convertible (ebony/charcoal) with only 16500 miles on the meter. Full service book and all the bells and whistles that you can get on the car. I can now fully comprehend why people always want to write something about their experience as I have the feeling of being the luckiest guy on the planet! The car is (as you all know by now already) for the lack of a better word perfect!

Now... my biggest concern is: Why the hell is the car in Germany while I am up here in Sweden! Of minor concern is also the fact that there is still snow on the streets and I will have to drive it here on summertires...

Anyhow, just blatantly blaring out my joy.

/Staffan

The following 2 users liked this post by D-end:
amcdonal86 (03-17-2013), Norri (03-18-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 02:07 PM
Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts

Having spent a good deal of my life in Sweden, I have to wonder, why did you go with a convertible?

j/k

Congrats on your new car! Sweden has some amazing roads to drive with the top down in the summer.

The following users liked this post:
D-end (03-18-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by D-end
Today I feel like I graduated from hangaround to a full member of the community as the papers were signed on the car of my dreams. I found a 2007 XKR convertible (ebony/charcoal) with only 16500 miles on the meter. Full service book and all the bells and whistles that you can get on the car. I can now fully comprehend why people always want to write something about their experience as I have the feeling of being the luckiest guy on the planet! The car is (as you all know by now already) for the lack of a better word perfect!

Now... my biggest concern is: Why the hell is the car in Germany while I am up here in Sweden! Of minor concern is also the fact that there is still snow on the streets and I will have to drive it here on summertires...

Anyhow, just blatantly blaring out my joy.

/Staffan
Sounds just like my car except with a lot fewer miles! Congrats!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
D-end (03-18-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts
Default I Hear Ya!

Now that you've experienced that amazing sensation of automotive euphoria, Staffan, isn't it a shame that 99% of people who own a car will never know what you're talking about! I have friends who think cars are only a mode of transportation. They prefer white or tan exteriors, tan interiors and no options other than A/C. They want 4-cylinder engines because in their opinion, there's no need for anything more. They don't service their cars as they should and they wash them twice a year. They have no idea how to change the oil - let alone anything more complex. They think I'm crazy for buying a Jag XK Coupe when, for the same amount of money, I could have bought 2 or 3 (or 4) VWs instead. When I tell them my Jag is a piece of automotive art - something that I look at from every angle and remain in awe of the beautifully sculptured lines, the stance, the look of power, grace and elegance ... their face looks like a dog who's just heard a loud, unusual noise. They even cant their head to one side. I quickly realize there's no reason for me to describe to them how it drives! So, I just pat them and give them a Milkbone. Glad you're one of us! Welcome to our world! Enjoy your Cat and keep it sparkling!

The following 3 users liked this post by Snide72:
amcdonal86 (03-18-2013), D-end (03-18-2013), Muddydog (03-20-2013)
Old 03-18-2013, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Snide72
Now that you've experienced that amazing sensation of automotive euphoria, Staffan, isn't it a shame that 99% of people who own a car will never know what you're talking about! I have friends who think cars are only a mode of transportation. They prefer white or tan exteriors, tan interiors and no options other than A/C. They want 4-cylinder engines because in their opinion, there's no need for anything more. They don't service their cars as they should and they wash them twice a year. They have no idea how to change the oil - let alone anything more complex. They think I'm crazy for buying a Jag XK Coupe when, for the same amount of money, I could have bought 2 or 3 (or 4) VWs instead. When I tell them my Jag is a piece of automotive art - something that I look at from every angle and remain in awe of the beautifully sculptured lines, the stance, the look of power, grace and elegance ... their face looks like a dog who's just heard a loud, unusual noise. They even cant their head to one side. I quickly realize there's no reason for me to describe to them how it drives! So, I just pat them and give them a Milkbone. Glad you're one of us! Welcome to our world! Enjoy your Cat and keep it sparkling!
Now that's someone who knows what he's talking about. As a matter of fact I've been getting all these odd questions why I would buy a Jaguar. There are supposedly cars out there with bigger engines. There are even some with better handling. There are loud cars out there. However no car in my opinion combines the effect of adrenaline driving power, handling and style in such an amazing looking body. And then... you hear it. It has in my opinion (and given by the sheer amount of videos and soundbytes out there I am not alone) a soundtrack played out on the 4.2 litre supercharged engine just as well as any piece of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. This car is a passion. It is not an informed purchase. So there!

(I do have a Volkswagen though... just thought I'd mention...)

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
Sounds just like my car except with a lot fewer miles! Congrats!!!!!
Hehe, I've been reading some of your threads on your car and it actually struck me that we have pretty much identical cars. Give or take the odd thousand miles or so...