XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Finally purchased an XKR!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

One day I want to do a Youtube television series where I take a car to a dealership or a shop where the car has a certain problem. I mark the parts they are supposed to replace with unique markings. Then after I've paid, I look to see whether they actually did what I paid for!

Then the dealership or repair shop gets caught with their pants down!!! It would be great!

Old 01-21-2014, 12:08 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by desert_fox
I live right downtown tempe (On Mill FYI) Cars and coffee is fun. typically yes at Gainey Ranch. a lot of Jag guys there.

I have no affiliation with this shop or gentlemen but on car forums it is a great place to locate indi shops. I found him via google.

Jaguar Repair by Sports & Collector Car Center in Tempe, AZ | JagShops.com

Sports & Collector Car Center

942 W. 1st Street
Tempe, AZ 85281

if you search my name you can find the whole story but here is what happened
1. battery died on my car. I got the battery replaced by Sun Devil Auto. they did a good job but they stated they do not have the machines or codes to re-program the car. "go see your jag dealer" makes 100% sense
2. go to N Scottsdale Jag; they re-program my car and then they tell me the top needs a new special pump. my car had 14k miles on it and the day before the top worked. seemed so fishy and wrong.....

***top didnt work at all and said i was looking at $3k in work "these are complicated cars" really.... roll eyes. this isnt a Mig29. its a freakin rag top on car that has had the same convertible motor since the prior generation. they either wanted to take me for a fool or didnt think to top off the hydraulic fluid. i was going to write a compliant to penske but i am so busy with life it slipped out of my mind.

3. google'd jag indi shops and found this place. like most indi shops typically near an industrial area etc (happened to be walking distance to my place, but even if I lived in N scottsdale, id go here) so Joe said it was no big deal just my hydraulic pump was leaking a bit. he topped it off and had me on my way 1 day later.
4. service was great and I had my oil changed there a few months back
5. old school shop with good PERSONAL service and I will drop off my car in 3-4 months again

fyi if you never used an indi shop for any car; think old school way of business. my indi BMW Babbit motor werks is just like this. good service, industrial strip etc.

anyone want to go for a cruise or meet up - ping me and glad to go!
Thank you good sir. I will keep note of this. I am actually familiar with Babbitt as a former bimmer owner myself so this would be the type of Indy I am looking for.

Mill ave, that must be fun! Assume you have covered or better yet garage parking for the jag?

Last edited by TDub; 01-21-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Smile 2008 XKR Portfolio

I tested the 06 XK and loved it but when I drove the 08 XKR nothing else would do. The sound the acceleration the feel and the look. You will love this car.
Jim

Old 01-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by TDub
Thank you good sir. I will keep note of this. I am actually familiar with Babbitt as a former bimmer owner myself so this would be the type of Indy I am looking for.

Mill ave, that must be fun! Assume you have covered or better yet garage parking for the jag?
yep. very similar to Babbit if you ask me. they have 3 shops now. I always went to the Babbit on Kyrene.

would suggest both Classic Sports cars and Babbit to anyone. again I will service my jag there going forward Joe who runs the shop typically goes to cars and coffee

I live at West 6th (the tall high rise condo) so i have covered parking underground. so far no complaint with the ASU eye candy