XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Foose XKE

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 06:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I don't get to hung up on the personalities . Also in some of these series we are talking about months of restoration and sometime only weeks. I think it is impressive on how these various teams work the metal and their magic to get their results. Whether it's a as new restoration or a custom rod or a resto-rod they do the job of a craftsman. This is a skill that has diminished over the years and nice to see it continue. As to whether I like the finished produce , well that is subjective. Then again I enjoy the guys on wheeler dealer too. A buddy of mine worked for OCC before it went on TV and it was a great bike shop then. After SR. and JR. started getting into it for show biz sake it started to go down hill . Their shop is about 30 miles from me and they made big bucks with the series. But personalities aside their team still turns out exciting stuff.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:19 AM
Banned
Received 256 Likes on 218 Posts

A good thing to keep in mind about "reality TV" series (automotive and otherwise) is that they are anything but reality. The genned up drama, outrageous personalities and personality clashes appeal to 14 year olds.

I am usually interested in about 20% of the content. Thank God for time shift recording and the fast forward function on my TV receiver.

Old 07-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by tarhealcracker
A good thing to keep in mind about "reality TV" series (automotive and otherwise) is that they are anything but reality. The genned up drama, outrageous personalities and personality clashes appeal to 14 year olds.

I am usually interested in about 20% of the content. Thank God for time shift recording and the fast forward function on my TV receiver.
That's why I like the Wheeler Dealer TV show, at least while Edd China was still there (haven't seen any new ones). 65% of the content was technical with the cars.

The following users liked this post:
user 2029223 (07-03-2017)