XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Forward Alert?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts
Default Forward Alert?

Is the Forward Alert of ANY value? It seems that it MIGHT give you a warning just prior to an accident. Not enough time to prevent an accident, just more visual and sound activity with the accident.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by davchr
Is the Forward Alert of ANY value? It seems that it MIGHT give you a warning just prior to an accident. Not enough time to prevent an accident, just more visual and sound activity with the accident.
I believe the intent was basically for parking. It's better then kissing the car or wall or curb in front before you stop.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

I may be wrong, but doesn't Forward Alert use the Adaptive Cruise Gap setting for distance? I haven't ever checked it, but I will next time I drive. If so, that's quite a distance.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

I have it on ALL THE TIME (and yes I think it's linked to the adaptive cruise gap, which I always keep at its minimum setting).
PS- this is different from the parking distance alert.
I live and drive (mostly) in LA and, full disclosure, I've been known to look at my phone. And yes freeway and even boulevard traffic can go from 40MPH to dead stop in a second. It's saved my *** more than once.
BUT-- you've got to go into the vehicle settings and set the alert tone volume to its highest setting. And even then I wish it was louder.
AND-- it doesn't alert if your foot's on the brake, even a little. Be careful.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by pk4144
I have it on ALL THE TIME (and yes I think it's linked to the adaptive cruise gap, which I always keep at its minimum setting).
PS- this is different from the parking distance alert.
I live and drive (mostly) in LA and, full disclosure, I've been known to look at my phone. And yes freeway and even boulevard traffic can go from 40MPH to dead stop in a second. It's saved my *** more than once.
BUT-- you've got to go into the vehicle settings and set the alert tone volume to its highest setting. And even then I wish it was louder.
AND-- it doesn't alert if your foot's on the brake, even a little. Be careful.
I second that.
Have you figured out how far the radar is looking?
Wonder if it can see deer before the headlights do?

Old 06-29-2017, 05:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I may be wrong, but doesn't Forward Alert use the Adaptive Cruise Gap setting for distance?
I keep mine on all the time. To set the alert distance just use the adaptive cruise jog wheel when the adaptive cruise isn't active.

I tend to use the lowest setting for the adaptive cruise but the second to furthest setting for the forward alert.