XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Found it !XK Convertible ( pics inside )

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Found it !XK Convertible ( pics inside )

So I had been on the search for a convertible 07-09 for a while , and each time the one I wanted to see came up , it was some where at least 3-4 hours away. I really did not want to deal with the hassle and figured eventually something would pop up closer. Well this weekend I came across one that had just come in to a dealership nearby.

The color combination was exactly what I was looking for , and my wife has always loved this particular style and color made it a win win.

It drives sooo nice and smooth. Power is more than adequate for city driving and traffic. The car has a clean carfax and only 2 previous owners. Serviced and records too. Only a few things that I'm looking to do now are :

1 - Only came with one smart key. Need to see how to order an extra and program.
2 - Start/Stop button looks pretty beat up , like something fell on it. I'd like to see about swapping it out for a new one.
3 - Antenna delete. How easy it is to pull the fuse on the power antenna and use some other sort ? I listen to satellite 99.5% of the time , and don't need a super powerful antenna for the few times I would listen to am or fm.
4 - Passenger headlight looks just a little more darker than the driver. It is the original and the driver side looks newer. Not sure what UV protector to use after I polish the darker one out.

IPHONE ?? I tried pairing, but it doesnt see it. Not sure why - still need to investigate. I have a 6S.

The dealer is replacing the brake light over the spoiler b/c it's not all coming on. It's on order and hopefully by end of week that will be swapped.

And finally for the PICS. Not the best ones, but I'll post some more soon

I have an 02 X Type that I'm keeping as a daily driver and the XK vert will be the summer/weekender. I need all wheel drive here in NY !

The following 2 users liked this post by myexcursion:
Cee Jay (05-23-2017), kj07xk (05-24-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! I am sure some others with experience in your model year will be able to answer your questions.

The following users liked this post:
myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Congrats on your new car, it's gorgeous. I see you have a masochist sitting in the back seat, either that or you're punishing someone. As for the starter button, there is a current post on the F-type forum that shows how to replace the button rather easily. (It should be the same button). Have fun!

myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats!!
I have the exact same car except in the coupe version!

myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice I collect my MY2014 XK-R tomorrow and cannot wait

myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
punishing someone
Feet binding saved China a fortune and made them an exporter of shoes.

myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,261 Likes on 1,366 Posts

A beautiful colour combination! You will love this car but PLEASE pay attention to this: these cars are full of electronic modules that need full voltage all the time. When the battery is weak the car will start normally but you will find random electronic glitches that can range from warning lights to the electric roof not latching and everything and anything in between. There will be nothing at all wrong with the car except that it is not driven often enough and long enough to keep the battery at full charge.
Solution: child's play: first, if the battery is more than 3 years old, replace it. If you do not know how old it is, replace it. Then install a CTEK battery minder permanently and use it all the time that the car is not being driven. Result: ZERO issues!
These are extremely reliable cars (amazing that something this beautiful can also be reliable! Beauty AND brains.)
On the 07 car the CTEK charger can be attached directly to the battery connections; in addition to the small charging unit you need the "comfort extension" that CTEK sells. You run this under the trunk carpet with enough left at the connector end to allow you to close the trunk with the cord outside. The actual CTEK unit stays outside the car and is simply plugged in to your wall outlet or extension cord and the other end to the connector on the comfort extension. The reason you leave the unit outside is so you can properly monitor the battery condition because if you leave it in the trunk, just touching the trunk release button will send the charger into action and you will think that your battery is constantly discharged. Not so. My beautiful 07 has been connected to the CTEK for years now - it takes about 15 seconds to unplug it, put the comfort extension end in the trunk and that's it. Oh, and I have not had even a single electronic issue (or anything else, for that matter.)
And you will find that the XK has far more than "adequate" power for ANY road condition including a wide open road - your first full throttle acceleration should be done wearing a diaper.

myexcursion (05-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 02:53 PM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Congrats on your new car, it's gorgeous. I see you have a masochist sitting in the back seat, either that or you're punishing someone. As for the starter button, there is a current post on the F-type forum that shows how to replace the button rather easily. (It should be the same button). Have fun!
lol - that's my 11 year old. He couldn't believe his dad was buying such a 'cool car' haha. He was ready to go for a ride and didn't care how tight it was.

Thanks all for the info guys !

Old 05-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

I think fuse 4 in the rear box is for the power aerial. I disabled mine. Radio reception now sucks, but I prefer not having a fishing pole up whenever I have the tunes on!

Old 05-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Blue with blue top is one of the best color combo's for a vert without a doubt. The royals often drive dark blue Jag's so you know it has to be legit...

Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just like mine, only my hood is black. I prefer the blue.

Sov211, you need to drive a 5.5 litre supercharged AMG Mercedes - or for that matter, an XK-R. It will change your definition of 'adequate' power...

TN

Old 05-24-2017, 03:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,012 Likes on 1,345 Posts

That's a beauty, enjoy the ride!

Old 05-24-2017, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 529 Likes on 375 Posts

Enjoy your lovely car. I'm sure you paid way less than me and your car looks great. Enjoy it and learn the weak areas and go from there. Have fun.

Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Nice combo and enjoy the drive.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:26 AM
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I too have the Indigo Blue paint, Ivory interior and Blue roof. Good choice. It looks especially good with the roof down.

The radio antenna really doesn't bother me. All my previous cars have had them, often fully up all the time. However, you'll be pleased to know that once Jaguar deleted the extending antenna on the X150 they relocated an antenna in the rear spoiler. Get that dealer to order you that along with the replacement rear high level brake light.

It took me a few days and several goes to get my iPhone paired, but it now works reliably for me.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,261 Likes on 1,366 Posts

Originally Posted by Tango Nevada

Sov211, you need to drive a 5.5 litre supercharged AMG Mercedes - or for that matter, an XK-R. It will change your definition of 'adequate' power...

TN
Well, I have driven a 5 litre XKR, and I agree that the power difference is considerable - but not really useful in any normal driving condition in the real world. If you have driven a normally aspirated XK "in anger" you might agree that it has far more than enough acceleration and speed without the excess wheel spin that the XKR provides. No matter - I think we can agree that any version of the X150 is a superb automobile.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by sov211
Well, I have driven a 5 litre XKR, and I agree that the power difference is considerable - but not really useful in any normal driving condition in the real world. If you have driven a normally aspirated XK "in anger" you might agree that it has far more than enough acceleration and speed without the excess wheel spin that the XKR provides. No matter - I think we can agree that any version of the X150 is a superb automobile.
Agree. Do I want 510HP? Of course I do. My wife drives the XK daily so I don't need it. 385 HP is still a crap load of fun however. Aesthetically, I love the hood louvers (my wife calls them "nostrils") on the XKR. I do wish I had those

Old 05-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 917 Posts

Beautiful Car, Enjoy it. Must say that I am jealous of your blue top. One would go very will with my blue leather interior.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:08 PM
Received 89 Likes on 77 Posts

very pretty. the blue top really makes even more glorious! enjoy the kitty!!!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:03 PM
Received 443 Likes on 186 Posts

Purdy!