XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Fractional Seat Adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts
Default Fractional Seat Adjustments

The seats in the XK are pretty amazing to begin with and I Just wanted to point out that if you are looking for the perfect seating position, the long lower horizontal button not only lowers/raise the entire seat [If you press it down or up in the center section] but it can also lower only the seat squab as well. Simply press the furthest 'end' of the button down lightly [in increments] and the front section of the seat squab will adjust up or down as well.
I am sure many folks on this forum know this already but a newbie might not.

Attached Thumbnails Fractional Seat Adjustments-seat.jpg  

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 10-12-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Just had to make me google 'seat squab' didn't you?

Anyway, both the front and rear of the 'seat bottom' can be adjusted independently by the front and back of that button. Lifting up, or pushing down both the front and back of the button at the same time raises or lowers the whole seat.

Most power seat buttons work this way, and I tend to 'rocker' my way up or down to find the perfect position in an unfamiliar car. I rarely raise or lower the whole seat in one operation.

Old 10-12-2016, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

The power seats in the Jaguar XK/XKR are simply the best I have used.

Old 10-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
The power seats in the Jaguar XK/XKR are simply the best I have used.
I wish I could say the same for my 2013 XK. For some reason, the dealer advised me that Jaguar changed the seat design in 2013. The passenger seat reclines all the way back to the seat belt assembly, while theres a 3 inch gap between the drivers seat and seat belt assembly when its reclined. Also, the 'seat squab' will move forward if you recline the seat too much as if the seat is programmed to stay within a certain parameter. While I find the drivers seat comfort acceptable, I would have appreciated a couple extra inches of recline.

Attached Thumbnails Fractional Seat Adjustments-driver-gap.jpg   Fractional Seat Adjustments-passenger-gap.jpg  
Old 10-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I like the seat features and it took me about 6 months to find a sweet spot for me. I am a slouch type driver and like to stretch my arms and lean the seat back. With this car I have to sit a little more upright and couldn't stretch my legs out. I move the squib down and forward while tilting the back as far as possible before it starts the auto adjust. I have the standard heated and cooled seats but would have liked the performance seats but in 2012 you could not get them with the cooling feature. So I have it OK and they are comfortable during our cruising and even on our 3-5 hour trips. I also have the steering wheel all the way in and down enough to see the gauge binnacle.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,975 Likes on 1,326 Posts

Originally Posted by themorningman
I wish I could say the same for my 2013 XK. For some reason, the dealer advised me that Jaguar changed the seat design in 2013. The passenger seat reclines all the way back to the seat belt assembly, while theres a 3 inch gap between the drivers seat and seat belt assembly when its reclined. Also, the 'seat squab' will move forward if you recline the seat too much as if the seat is programmed to stay within a certain parameter. While I find the drivers seat comfort acceptable, I would have appreciated a couple extra inches of recline.
In your previous thread on this topic:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...senger-165533/

'ralphwg' said that his reclined further, and you were going back to the dealer to get it fixed.
This something they should be able to do with their diag software, they may just be trying to put you off.

Old 10-21-2016, 08:11 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

kj07xk, ralphwg has an xkr. The dealer indicated that the seats are different and the xk seats in 2013 and up are not programmable. They also said they have a regional engineer with whom they consulted with to confirm. I guess I could go to another dealership which may be worth a try. If you have any suggestions, your input would be appreciated.

Last edited by themorningman; 10-21-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by themorningman

Can somebody on this board post of pic of their 2013 xk drivers seat reclined as far back as possible? Let's get some proof here. Dealers have been wrong in the past and it is very possible that your seat could be reprogrammed. I had the exact same problem on my 2007 xk and the first dealer I went to said nothing can be done about it. Then I went to another dealer and he fixed it for me in 30 minutes. It made all the difference in the world for comfort. How would they fix your seat if it got out of whack? They would have to reprogram it. Right?

Ask them to put it on the diagnostics and go down into the screen for "seat recalibration" Here is a pic of it:

Attached Images  

Last edited by michaelodonnell123; 10-21-2016 at 11:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
themorningman (10-22-2016)