XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Free Sirius trial

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 11:15 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts
Default Free Sirius trial

Last week picked up a 2007 XK. I noticed on Sirius website that they will offer a 2 mo FREE trial so called them up. After reading most reviews online about how horrific their customer service is I armed myself for a battle which took only moments to come. Initially I was told the previous owner had already used the free trial so none would be offered and that I could purchase a subscription at a rate far greater than others were getting. I stood my ground. asked to be pushed up the line to someone whom had the authority to approve what I was asking. After probably 45 mins I got 3 mo's free trial! Don't let them tell you anything different... if you buy a used car that has Sirius/XM you can get a free trial if you're diligent.

My God it made the cross country drive home MUCH easier. Also if your subscription is coming due check the internet for going rates as most people are getting at least a 50% discount on service by staying diligent. Last bit of advice, I read to NEVER give them your phone number as they will harass you constantly as your subscription comes due so I gave them a joke number.

Hope that helps someone else!

The following users liked this post:
David's XKR (12-20-2015)
Old 12-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeper
Last week picked up a 2007 XK. I noticed on Sirius website that they will offer a 2 mo FREE trial so called them up. After reading most reviews online about how horrific their customer service is I armed myself for a battle which took only moments to come. Initially I was told the previous owner had already used the free trial so none would be offered and that I could purchase a subscription at a rate far greater than others were getting. I stood my ground. asked to be pushed up the line to someone whom had the authority to approve what I was asking. After probably 45 mins I got 3 mo's free trial! Don't let them tell you anything different... if you buy a used car that has Sirius/XM you can get a free trial if you're diligent.

My God it made the cross country drive home MUCH easier. Also if your subscription is coming due check the internet for going rates as most people are getting at least a 50% discount on service by staying diligent. Last bit of advice, I read to NEVER give them your phone number as they will harass you constantly as your subscription comes due so I gave them a joke number.

Hope that helps someone else!
It's on my to do list.

Old 12-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

Be ready for a battle! Sirius/XM has got to be one of the top most despicable companies in terms of customer service. They will do everything in their power, including outright lying, to get you to pay retail price versus getting the "free trial" they show on their website. If the first monkey isn't will to do it quickly demand to be moved up the feod chain eventually they will give you at least 2 mo's I got 3.

Also, as mentioned, I was warned to NOT give my real phone # as they will hound the hell out of you so pick a funny or annoying one for some community service or something to give to them.
Good luck!

For those getting a renewal of subscriptions - my son just got 6 mo's for $25 which is WAY below what their site shows. You can google it to see what others have negotiated down to don't pay full retail!

Old 12-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Be ready for a battle! Sirius/XM has got to be one of the top most despicable companies in terms of customer service. They will do everything in their power, including outright lying, to get you to pay retail price versus getting the "free trial" they show on their website. If the first monkey isn't will to do it quickly demand to be moved up the feod chain eventually they will give you at least 2 mo's I got 3.

Also, as mentioned, I was warned to NOT give my real phone # as they will hound the hell out of you so pick a funny or annoying one for some community service or something to give to them.
Good luck!

For those getting a renewal of subscriptions - my son just got 6 mo's for $25 which is WAY below what their site shows. You can google it to see what others have negotiated down to don't pay full retail!
Dealt with them many times. My work involved a lot of travel for 10 years so also a lot of renting cars. I only rented cars with satellite radio. Most of the time it wasn't activated. So I'd call and say I just purchased the car and after a few questions they turned it on. Every once and awhile they call me and ask if I'd like to renew. I just say sold it and hang up.

Old 12-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

.... Also, as mentioned, I was warned to NOT give my real phone # as they will hound the hell out of you so pick a funny or annoying one for some community service or something to give to them.
Good luck!
... That was MY mistake, the real phone number. TWO DAYS after signing up I started getting telemarketer calls..... up to TWENTY PER DAY after about a week. Now my phone's BLOCKED CALLER list is well over three hundred numbers because Sirius Sold My Phone Number!