XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Fuse F25 blows immediately

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2024 | 11:38 AM
|
Default Fuse F25 blows immediately

Infotainment screen blank, but I know screen itself isn't the issue as I've seen the starting graphic once or twice since this has been an issue. I've looked at the electrical info posted here and realize which circuit/systems are being effected and know to look for a short/bad ground. However, how does one actually do this? Does the fact that it's continually blowing replacement fuses mean the short is in the rear of the passenger seat? Sorry but in just sort of clueless.

Also, the fuse is noted as navigation and satellite radio, neither of which I actually use, is there some module I could unplug to just loose those but maintain my Bluetooth music and infotainment screen?

Lastly, if it helps, I belive this is because when removing the positive battery terminal cable, my wrench briefly touched the metal box surrounding the DVD player.

Any advice, knowledge, or wild guesses would be appreciated at this point .
Thanks,
JP

Old 04-19-2024 | 11:52 AM

unplug all your media modules in the back and plug them in until you find the faulty unit:

Theres NAV/DVD module, Bluetooth module(common failure), etc.

The following 6 users liked this post by trkyam:
CA Jag (04-20-2024), Don B (05-01-2024), jahummer (04-19-2024), JpmorrisUM (04-20-2024), panthera999 (04-20-2024), ralphwg (04-20-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-20-2024 | 08:20 PM

Good idea. You can make additional progress by downloading the electrical manual. Then you can search the wiring diagrams for F25 and see exactly what is downstream of it that may be cooking the fuse. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (04-21-2024)
Old 04-23-2024 | 11:57 AM
|

Ok, so the DVD/nav is the only of those in the stack of modules in the trunk that is getting MOST connection, aka i can see the red light. do I now try and retrace the fiber itself (i think not bc if it were damaged at all, i wouldn't see the red light on even the one connector, right)? Does that even indicate anything bc having the modules out would cause the entire MOST system not to function, as i understand it.

My current plan is to fit a MOST loop in place of the sat module and see if that helps things along, bc i don't need satellite radio functionality. thoughts?

Old 04-23-2024 | 12:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JpmorrisUM
Ok, so the DVD/nav is the only of those in the stack of modules in the trunk that is getting MOST connection, aka i can see the red light. do I now try and retrace the fiber itself (i think not bc if it were damaged at all, i wouldn't see the red light on even the one connector, right)? Does that even indicate anything bc having the modules out would cause the entire MOST system not to function, as i understand it.

My current plan is to fit a MOST loop in place of the sat module and see if that helps things along, bc i don't need satellite radio functionality. thoughts?
yes a loop would be my next step. Just because you see a beam of light going into the module, doesn't mean it's passing through. A bypass loop will tell you that. Disconnect all in the trunk stack. Start there because it's easier access. With all disconnected, did fuse blow? If no then you're on the right track. Plug them in 1 by 1 until you find your faulty module.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
Don B (05-01-2024), JpmorrisUM (04-27-2024)
Old 04-23-2024 | 12:43 PM
|

No, fuse was good with all DC'd. In terms of plugging them in to test functionality, i should use the one MOST connection I have w/ red light, correct? Will doing one module at a time tell me anything, bc that would break the order/total resistance on the network wouldn't it? Thank you so much btw, this is all greek to me.

Old 04-23-2024 | 01:39 PM
Veteran Member

No, fuse was good with all DC'd. In terms of plugging them in to test functionality, i should use the one MOST connection I have w/ red light, correct? Will doing one module at a time tell me anything, bc that would break the order/total resistance on the network wouldn't it? Thank you so much btw, this is all greek to me.
there is really no order in the most bus loop so that’s not an issue. So if the fuse not blowing, it, sounds like you should be able to see your touchscreen now and if that’s the case with navigation for example, if you use the bypass loop connected to the navigation module, it will gray out on your touchscreen, and if you connect navigation module, and it blows a fuse, your problem’s s with the module itself.

Don B (05-01-2024), JpmorrisUM (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024 | 09:24 AM
|

Ok, so my MOST cable is good, I've achieved red light at the terminus of each. Fuse 25 blows when the top module, the sat radio module? isn't bypassed.poo m

However, I've now bypassed the sat module w/ my fiber loop and disconnected the 2 other cords going to it but I still have a blank screen, no music etc.... There's a fresh F25 in there, the nav CD module is making the usual noises...

Could this be a problem with my amp? I know the touchscreen is OK as it's illuminated with the leaper logo a few times since all this began. FWIW the nav CD won't eject if prompted to do so. I guess there is a chance the nav module is bad too? I haven't bypassed it thus far, but it's clearly getting power and not impeding the rest of the MOST network.

Huge thanks again Sean W.

Old 04-27-2024 | 03:09 PM
Veteran Member

Ok, so my MOST cable is good, I've achieved red light at the terminus of each. Fuse 25 blows when the top module, the sat radio module? isn't bypassed.poo m

However, I've now bypassed the sat module w/ my fiber loop and disconnected the 2 other cords going to it but I still have a blank screen, no music etc.... There's a fresh F25 in there, the nav CD module is making the usual noises...

Could this be a problem with my amp? I know the touchscreen is OK as it's illuminated with the leaper logo a few times since all this began. FWIW the nav CD won't eject if prompted to do so. I guess there is a chance the nav module is bad too? I haven't bypassed it thus far, but it's clearly getting power and not impeding the rest of the MOST network.

Huge thanks again Sean W.
.If I'm helping you please tap the like button. THX. Your pst is confusing me. You mention Nav CD > do you mean NAV DVD? What do you mean the usual noises? You should clarify what module you're talking about. Nav or C player. Yes the Nav module could be bad too. Another bad module will lead to a screen showing the logo only as will a bad battery. You also indicate you have a blank screen. Whatdoes that mean specifically? Pics help.

Old 04-27-2024 | 05:38 PM
|

Originally Posted by Sean W
.If I'm helping you please tap the like button. THX. Your pst is confusing me. You mention Nav CD > do you mean NAV DVD? What do you mean the usual noises? You should clarify what module you're talking about. Nav or C player. Yes the Nav module could be bad too. Another bad module will lead to a screen showing the logo only as will a bad battery. You also indicate you have a blank screen. Whatdoes that mean specifically? Pics help.
Yes, I mean the nav DVD module, sorry for the CD/DVD confusion, I've been operating solely in the trunk.

By regular noises I just mean the noises the nav DVD has always made: whirring clacking etc.

RE leaper/screen confusion, when swapping out fuse 25 with the car off the touchscreen briefly displayed the jag logo before going dormant again a few times, I have not had any actual screen use/display in this time. I hope that is helpful.

Old 04-28-2024 | 12:27 PM
Veteran Member

Yes, I mean the nav DVD module, sorry for the CD/DVD confusion, I've been operating solely in the trunk.

By regular noises I just mean the noises the nav DVD has always made: whirring clacking etc.

RE leaper/screen confusion, when swapping out fuse 25 with the car off the touchscreen briefly displayed the jag logo before going dormant again a few times, I have not had any actual screen use/display in this time. I hope that is helpful.
ok the makes sense. you still have a module out. In the trunk stack you most likely have 3 modules, BT phone, Nav, Satellite. You could just bypass the entire trunk stack at the rear bulkhead. Then you should see touchscreen. Otherwise get enough loops to do all three at once. Also check your battery voltage at the terminals. Should be and must be 12.6 volts.

jahummer (04-28-2024), JpmorrisUM (05-01-2024)
Old 04-28-2024 | 01:13 PM
Veteran Member

Just because you see the leaper boot logo doesn't mean the TSD's not having a software or hardware problem. Once you've eliminated the other MOST devices and still have issues, then might want to get another screen to see if that could be the problem too.

JpmorrisUM (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024 | 10:39 PM
|

Thank you SeanW for all the help! Jahummer for your input as well.

So, in a purely weight saving measure I took the whole goddamn stack out and goddamn, I could not be more pleased! I now have Bluetooth music from my phone, less weight and exactly 0 **** I wanted or needed. Useless nav, **** it! Phone calls over my stereo? Not a huge deal for me, I can... Use my phone. Satellite radio? Never had that **** any way. After weeks Without a screen or music, I am positively. ****ing. Elated.
​​

Cee Jay (05-01-2024)
Old 05-01-2024 | 10:40 PM
|

And to be clear, I have Bluetooth music via my bovee1000. Apparently the BT module is unnecessary.

Old 05-02-2024 | 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

And to be clear, I have Bluetooth music via my bovee1000. Apparently the BT module is unnecessary.
BT on the XK is for phone calls only. Sounds like you have it resolved. For future reference, codes are always helpful. The Autel HT200 (or HP, I forgot) is very helpful $60 tool. It will read all Jag codes to 5 digits and would have got you there sooner.