XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Got Jaguar a working dealers SDD JLR what can I do with it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 1,327 Posts

I do not think my very old Toshiba laptop is up to the task any more so I bought an HP 2.3Ghz laptop on Ebay for $55 delivered recently.

When it arrived my wife liked it so much she has claimed it! Seems I got really lucky as that model usually goes for around $170 on Ebay.

Needless to say I cannot find another one anywhere near $50 for that model now so settled for a Dell 2.3Ghz laptop with a minor screen defect for $60 delivered.

Will be trying to program the key fob and braking system when I get it.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:30 AM
Received 195 Likes on 123 Posts

Some people have had success using a cloned cable but it is a gamble. There's a post in a thread in the tech help section of this very forum that gives some idea of the sort of thing that *can* happen - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...1/#post1692299

Personally I won't use one again. If you must then don't install the software inside a virtual machine, use a dedicated machine or a dedicated Windows environment in a dual-boot setup. As u102768 says, get a good battery support unit and use that during programming.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Someone gave me this information before however for the life of me I cannot find it!

How do I halt the system clock on my dedicated Windows 7 JLR SDD laptop?

Old 07-02-2017, 11:54 AM
Received 108 Likes on 66 Posts

Turn off sync time using internet under date time settings in control panel, then set the clock to desired date. I would also disable internet connection when using sdd

Old 07-02-2017, 12:50 PM
Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Instead of adjusting the system date, an alternative is to use Deep Freeze which is provided with SDD v.145, and activate DF before starting SDD for the first time. As always, deactivate the laptop wireless access to the Internet prior to starting SDD.

As you know, the first time you start SDD a 24 hour clock starts, after which SDD can no longer be used (since a valid account is not available.) If DF is activated before you start SDD, then each time you reboot the laptop, it brings the hard disk back to the point when DF was activated. Hence a new 24 hour window is available each time you open SDD subsequent to a reboot.

Last edited by Patrick Wong; 07-02-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SeanU
Turn off sync time using internet under date time settings in control panel, then set the clock to desired date. I would also disable internet connection when using sdd
That does not work.

Even going in and amending the registry to disable the clock will not work. As soon as I reboot its back to normal.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Patrick Wong
Instead of adjusting the system date, an alternative is to use Deep Freeze which is provided with SDD v.145, and activate DF before starting SDD for the first time. As always, deactivate the laptop wireless access to the Internet prior to starting SDD.

As you know, the first time you start SDD a 24 hour clock starts, after which SDD can no longer be used (since a valid account is not available.) If DF is activated before you start SDD, then each time you reboot the laptop, it brings the hard disk back to the point when DF was activated. Hence a new 24 hour window is available each time you open SDD subsequent to a reboot.
I have looked at getting deepfreeze on-line and I have doubts about using it.

It was supposed to come with a version of JLR SDD that I bought a while ago and it was missing.

Version 139 of JLR SDD I do not have a problem with date wise however it does not seem to work on some things that I want to use it for as it comes up with a "pad error".

Old 07-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Received 93 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by jackra_1
I have looked at getting deepfreeze on-line and I have doubts about using it...
What are your doubts? I am using DF (provided with SDD V.145) and it works as advertised.

I personally would not use the clone Mangoose cable with bootleg SDD for any purpose other than retrieving DTC, as it appears the risk of causing more harm than good is real.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:13 AM
Veteran Member

I bought JLR SDD from British Diagnostics and a Pro Mongoose cable from Drew Technologies.

I have used it to re calibrate my ride height successfully with battery backup with no problem.

It fails when I try to adjust brake pedal pressure.

Also it did not pick up a parking sensor failure in the front.

I bought version 141 from China and that version only lasts 24 hours I wanted to test it and it is just not worth bothering with I have decided.

Old 07-10-2017, 03:29 PM
Received 443 Likes on 186 Posts

Let us know if you figure out how to disable the stupid TPMS warnings.

Old 07-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

^^^X2

Old 07-11-2017, 03:35 AM
Received 195 Likes on 123 Posts

You'd be able to disable the TPMS system altogether by editing the car configuration data to tell it that the system was not fitted, you may need full access to the CCF editing features though, via engineering mode or by other means. What messages are you seeing?

Old 12-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default What do the these yellow exclamation points mean?!

Greetings. I recently installed a factory rear seat entertainment system. I was at the dealership getting some ccf files programmed. They were unsuccessful, as it appears that my car didn't take the ccf modications that were made. The tech that worked on my car wasn't very experienced in programming ccf files. I manage to get a screenshot of the errors or warnings or alerts.

Can someone take a look at the below screenshot and tell me what the YELLOW EXCLAMATION POINTS mean in SDD...? What do they indicate...? Are they errors? Are they warnings? Is there an additional step that needs to be completed that would allow my car to accept the ccf modifications...?

Old 12-23-2017, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by ABrice
Greetings. I recently installed a factory rear seat entertainment system. I was at the dealership getting some ccf files programmed. They were unsuccessful, as it appears that my car didn't take the ccf modications that were made. The tech that worked on my car wasn't very experienced in programming ccf files. I manage to get a screenshot of the errors or warnings or alerts.

Can someone take a look at the below screenshot and tell me what the YELLOW EXCLAMATION POINTS mean in SDD...? What do they indicate...? Are they errors? Are they warnings? Is there an additional step that needs to be completed that would allow my car to accept the ccf modifications...?
The exclamation Error Symbol denotes in which parameter a CCF data conflict exists.
Highlighting the error value, will display additional information at the bottom area of the screen.

So basically there is a difference between the "AS Built" file and the new configuration. SSD identifies them as critical mismatches.

Comparison failures do not cause an SDD automatic selection of an alternative CCF source, the reason behind the comparison test is to alert the operator to any parameter differences between the vehicle master, back-up sources and as-built data. These comparison differences may cause incorrect vehicle functionality, however the implications of a parameter mismatch is down to the operator to determine. As the vehicle master module controls the CCF cyclically around the vehicle CANbus it is this data set that could cause incorrect vehicle functionality ONLY. The first check to carry out is to compare any mismatches to the as-built data set, to determine whether the mismatches are correct (personalisation change) or incorrect.
If the parameter(s) in question has the same value through the vehicle master and vehicle back-ups, but the as-built is different the assumption that an IDS change caused the mismatch can be made. If the comparison mismatch is between vehicle master and vehicle back-up sources, then either the IDS CCF download failed part way through or the change was made outside of the IDS platform.
The corrective action requires the operator to review the specific parameter comparison mismatches and decide what the correct setting should be for the vehicle. If this can't be determined then the as-built CCF should be used as the session active CCF, where any personalisation parameter differences should then be decided upon.

Last edited by Sean W; 12-23-2017 at 06:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jackra_1 (12-24-2017)
Old 12-23-2017, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W
The exclamation Error Symbol denotes in which parameter a CCF data conflict exists.
Highlighting the error value, will display additional information at the bottom area of the screen.

So basically there is a difference between the "AS Built" file and the new configuration. SSD identifies them as critical mismatches.

Comparison failures do not cause an SDD automatic selection of an alternative CCF source, the reason behind the comparison test is to alert the operator to any parameter differences between the vehicle master, back-up sources and as-built data. These comparison differences may cause incorrect vehicle functionality, however the implications of a parameter mismatch is down to the operator to determine. As the vehicle master module controls the CCF cyclically around the vehicle CANbus it is this data set that could cause incorrect vehicle functionality ONLY. The first check to carry out is to compare any mismatches to the as-built data set, to determine whether the mismatches are correct (personalisation change) or incorrect.
If the parameter(s) in question has the same value through the vehicle master and vehicle back-ups, but the as-built is different the assumption that an IDS change caused the mismatch can be made. If the comparison mismatch is between vehicle master and vehicle back-up sources, then either the IDS CCF download failed part way through or the change was made outside of the IDS platform.
The corrective action requires the operator to review the specific parameter comparison mismatches and decide what the correct setting should be for the vehicle. If this can't be determined then the as-built CCF should be used as the session active CCF, where any personalisation parameter differences should then be decided upon.
Okay. So basically there's a conflict with the modified settings and I need to determine where the conflict is? I was honestly thinking the same thing. I think the conflict is between rear entertainment-2 and rear entertainment-3. I dont think that both can be selected, thus generating the conflict. This happens due to the ambiguity of the settings. Sometimes you just don't know exactly what a specific setting is actually referring to. I'll go back and give it another shot after the holidays. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:25 PM

Okay. So basically there's a conflict with the modified settings and I need to determine where the conflict is? I was honestly thinking the same thing. I think the conflict is between rear entertainment-2 and rear entertainment-3. I dont think that both can be selected, thus generating the conflict. This happens due to the ambiguity of the settings. Sometimes you just don't know exactly what a specific setting is actually referring to. I'll go back and give it another shot after the holidays. Thanks.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ABrice
Right. You added new toys that weren't on your build sheet. Some of the available selections apply to other makes/models too. Unfortunately, unless you work with it often enough, you don't know which is which.

Old 12-24-2017, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting.

I had an ICE connection behind the module stack in the trunk. If I had installed the rear entertainment it would not have been plug and play?

The bluetooth and VACM modules that I installed were plug and play.

Old 12-24-2017, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

You guys should probably continue this on the X350/358 forum if it's going to shift from SDD to model specific.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:46 AM

Right. You added new toys that weren't on your build sheet. Some of the available selections apply to other makes/models too. Unfortunately, unless you work with it often enough, you don't know which is which.
So can I just start from scratch....? Or start a new session and not have to go back and correct the previously modified data first? I think it'd be easier start a new session, and change the three bits and see if my car would accept the changes...? I haven't had a chance to really tinker around in SDD. I have v135, but I get around the vin input screen.

Quick Reply: Got Jaguar a working dealers SDD JLR what can I do with it?