XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

GVIF / Chromecast mirroring question for Android Auto

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 02:13 AM
Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I've install GVIF and Android Box on my 2007 xkr. I use remote air and it's ok for me. This remote control have micro and it's very fun to use it for android without "ok google" !
My android box use +5V and i've put regulator 12V/5V 2A. I've buying a android box with fan because temperature in the trunk in summer is hot.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:23 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 930 Likes on 608 Posts

This is not easy to follow.

Old 01-26-2020, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,218 Likes on 2,366 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
This is not easy to follow.
agreed. The original request of the OP was to use google's chrome cast device to mirror his phone on the screen. Ultimately he developed a different solution. For your purposes as you want to follow what I've done and more recently Traxter, just look at the videos on post 44 to see how it's set up.
Use this link to learn how to wire it:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-camp2-175877/

The rest of this thread will be noise to you.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:01 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Non sat nav install

I currently have a none Sat/Nav system, it has the premium Bowers and Wilkins sound system, and i’m looking into adding this function with a Gvif interface.

In order to do that i need the sat nav enabled in my system, i have checked the back of the trunk, all the wiring is there as well as the harness.

1) Question is it as simple as getting a DVD player unit and plugging it in? or do i need SDD programming, to add the sat/nav function, in the menu.

2) I got another head unit for experimenting, ( haven’t received it yet ), and not bricking the original one, this one does not have the bowers and Wilkins, features enabled but do have the sat/nav, if i plug it in will the Bowers and Wilkins features appear on screen?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, i don’t have any experience with SSD, but i believe the car configuration is not stored in the head unit right, but in the cars computer, and, the head unit picks up whatever is enabled from there.

Please enlighten me.

Old 06-30-2020, 08:32 PM
Default Gvif install without sat/nav

I currently have a none Sat/Nav system, it has the premium Bowers and Wilkins sound system, and i’m looking into adding this function with a Gvif interface.

In order to do that i need the sat nav enabled in my system, i have checked the back of the trunk, all the wiring is there as well as the harness.

1) Is it as simple as getting a DVD player unit and plugging it in? or do i need SDD programming, to add the sat/nav function, in the menu.

2) I got another head unit for experimenting, ( haven’t received it yet ), and not bricking the original one, this one does not have the bowers and Wilkins, features enabled but do have the sat/nav, if i plug it in will the Bowers and Wilkins features appear on screen?

Please correct me if I’m wrong, i don’t have any experience with SSD, but i believe the car configuration is not stored in the head unit right, is un the cars computer, and, the head unit picks up whatever is enabled from there.

Old 07-10-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W
Ok guys, I've uploaded a video.

I've already posted the GVIF (flyc2c's instructions).
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...camera-179570/

Then I replaced the HKS CAMP2 with Android media box:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-camp2-175877/

Now I've added touch screen and voice. GVIF, Touchscreen controller and switch board were all purchased @ car-solutions.com. No affiliation:
https://car-solutions.com/en/univers...roller-utc.php

https://car-solutions.com/en/univers...-board-rtc.php

The Car Launcher has a few screens that you can swipe right to get to. You can add as many as you want. Maybe I'll do another video showing the swiping, but for now.

https://youtu.be/u9BAyhfHovE
Impressive work I would love to get this done, I found this video Interface which has built in Android it would save many parts from your current installation, could you please check and let me know if it might work.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUXX66g

​​​​​​​The problem I'm having is that my car didn't come with navigation, it has all the wiring in the boot, but since I don't have the navigation button, I won't be able to access the gvif.

Old 07-11-2020, 06:56 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Impressive work I would love to get this done, I found this video Interface which has built in Android it would save many parts from your current installation, could you please check and let me know if it might work.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_dUXX66g

​​​​​​​The problem I'm having is that my car didn't come with navigation, it has all the wiring in the boot, but since I don't have the navigation button, I won't be able to access the gvif.
That unit will NOT work on a 2010 XF.

It is meant for the new X260 model XF, with the InControl Touch audio system.

If your 2010 X250 does not have factory navigation, then it would have to be retrofitted & enabled first, in order to utilise the GVIF input.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (07-11-2020)
Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo
That unit will NOT work on a 2010 XF.

It is meant for the new X260 model XF, with the InControl Touch audio system.

If your 2010 X250 does not have factory navigation, then it would have to be retrofitted & enabled first, in order to utilise the GVIF input.
Thanks Cambo, you have been very helpful, I'll have to get the navigation function enabled, as first thing.

Old 07-11-2020, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member

Sorry Carlos. I didn't see this until last night and didn't have a chance to look into it but Cambo already responded. The link you provided is just a device that simply mirrors your phone on to the head unit which is a wee bit different than what I did but still fine.
As Cambo wrote, you will still need Navigation added and a GVIF device but then the possibilities to mirror are many, but get the Nav in first and I will be happy to help you going forward as will most guys who've done this.
Cambo has the most complete setup available but it's not a DIY for most and it appears you live in Chile? So we'd need to solve it another way unless he has a crew there (he has guys worldwide):-)

Old 10-13-2020, 09:35 PM

Sorry Carlos. I didn't see this until last night and didn't have a chance to look into it but Cambo already responded. The link you provided is just a device that simply mirrors your phone on to the head unit which is a wee bit different than what I did but still fine.
As Cambo wrote, you will still need Navigation added and a GVIF device but then the possibilities to mirror are many, but get the Nav in first and I will be happy to help you going forward as will most guys who've done this.
Cambo has the most complete setup available but it's not a DIY for most and it appears you live in Chile? So we'd need to solve it another way unless he has a crew there (he has guys worldwide):-)
Thanks a lot I just found this from Korea.

KAP TRADER

This seems to work without navigation, could you please have a look, you are clearly more knowledgeable than me.

There's also this new unit, according to the seller it's just plug and play.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq3Lox9

Last edited by Carlos Saez; 10-13-2020 at 09:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
Thanks a lot I just found this from Korea.

KAP TRADER

This seems to work without navigation, could you please have a look, you are clearly more knowledgeable than me.

There's also this new unit, according to the seller it's just plug and play.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq3Lox9
Hi Carlos. I'm not sure how Cambo was able to identify your car as I don't see it mentioned but if you do have a 2010 XF, the KAP TRADER link says it will work with "older" XF to 2010, but not the newer XF 2010 onward so I am assuming it means it will work on the X250 but not the X260.

As to the Ali express link, there's no indication that I could see that indicates the unit retains OEM functions.
If you do have the XF, X250 or X260, I suggest you posit your question there as someone has probably attempted it. Cambo and his company work on all types of Jaguars and if he's not too busy, he may chime in too.

Old 10-14-2020, 06:52 PM

Hi Carlos. I'm not sure how Cambo was able to identify your car as I don't see it mentioned but if you do have a 2010 XF, the KAP TRADER link says it will work with "older" XF to 2010, but not the newer XF 2010 onward so I am assuming it means it will work on the X250 but not the X260.

As to the Ali express link, there's no indication that I could see that indicates the unit retains OEM functions.
If you do have the XF, X250 or X260, I suggest you posit your question there as someone has probably attempted it. Cambo and his company work on all types of Jaguars and if he's not too busy, he may chime in too.
Thanks for your help.

I have asked them, they claim it retains all oem functions, but it's not easy to trust these chinese sellers.

Unfortunately I'm very far away from Cambo, so I need alternatives.

The kaptrader seems like the most trustworthy option, but I can't seem to find anything, about if you need to enter the navigation menu, then press the their provided button to access the interface.

Thanks again for your help by the way my car is a 2010 xfr with b&w audio.