XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Happy birthday to me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 05:26 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Great ride, Happy birthday. I did the same a couple of months ago for my 80th. Enjoy the ride!!

Wow, never thought you were 80 Ralph--all that exercise hitting the fuzzy ball around in the Cali sunshine may have something to do with your anti aging look. Congratulations to both of you!

Old 04-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

Thanks Glen. Regards,

Old 04-18-2016, 07:13 PM
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SickRob
Thanks.

We have some fun roads here in N.J.; but they all have too much traffic. The joy of living in the most densely populated state.
That's the truth. Nothing more disappointing than finding a great road and getting stuck behind a slow driver. And don't forget about the speed traps, and the pot holes, lol. But don't worry, it is a comfortable car to be stuck in traffic in, and every now and than you will find yourself all alone on a nice back road or on an empty stretch of highway and you'll get to play. Happy birthday and enjoy.

The following users liked this post:
SickRob (04-19-2016)
Old 04-18-2016, 08:21 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Oh, so now you want a special background too. Naked ladies who are well endowed?
No, don't do that, you don't want to get banned!

On an XK board you will naturally find fellow XK aficionados who enjoy seeing different pics of our favorite eye candy. No pressure was intended. We just like seeing XK's!

And, I hate to disagree with you, but they are not all the same!

Old 04-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Well the big 70 is right around the corner. What to do? Buy an XKR convertible of course. I picked it up in the Chicago area Thursday evening and drove home Friday. The car is a joy to drive; the roads are awful. Both I-80 and I -76 have work zone after work zone, making it impossible to really make good time.

Liquid silver with charcoal interior and the burl wood trim. Standard 19" wheels and tires with less than 1000 miles since new. Only 16,000 miles, supported by Auto Check and Carfax. Looks like new. Just in time for nice Spring days and a sprint or two down the 1320.

Happy Birthday and congrats!! I did the same thing for my 50th...although I had been planning on buying the Jag of my dreams since I was 7 or 8...LOL You won't be disappointed. Here is AZ there are plenty of roads to have a little fun on as long as you're somewhat careful. I would absolutely suggest you find yourself a good location to play...these cars are incredible to say the least. I've driven mines across country twice already and although I said the last time was the last time.....I'm contemplating
doing it again this summer...so congrats and I hope you have as much fun with yours as i am with mines!

The following users liked this post:
SickRob (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 05:37 AM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JackJohn
Happy birthday Rob, my XKR was a retirement present. I am extremely please with it, hope to take it to west Texas this Spring where I-10 is long and straight. Then drop down to the Davis Mtns. for some real fun.
Thanks. I'm jealous. All our interstate hi-ways are infested with State Police. It is tough to exceed 100mph in N.J. without someone interfering with your fun.

Old 04-19-2016, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by sharx8

And, I hate to disagree with you, but they are not all the same!

Interesting point. Recently there was some discussion here about doing some custom paint work to enhance the lettering of "supercharged" on the hood and "Jaguar" on the side panels etc. Strong opinion both ways.

I am on the "give it a try" side. However right now I'm not thru the first 100 pgs. of the owners manual yet! Arrggg.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Rob, one of the reasons for buying the XKR and falling in love with it was its in-city driving feel. You can get that fix even within the speed limit, every other car I have had required breaking the speed limit.

Dont forget, they gave you excellent braking, and omitted 'announce before arrival' exhaust and led drls- all in an effort to increase your odds with the fuzz.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Rob, one of the reasons for buying the XKR and falling in love with it was its in-city driving feel. You can get that fix even within the speed limit, every other car I have had required breaking the speed limit.

Dont forget, they gave you excellent braking, and omitted 'announce before arrival' exhaust and led drls- all in an effort to increase your odds with the fuzz.
Oh yes I am having fun with her. I have quickly found that I only want to drive with everything in the "performance" mode. Even the stock exhaust sounds great, so I can't imagine what a modified one will sound like; but I plan to find out.

Unfortunately we are so over policed in this state that fun is only a brief few moments before caution sets in. Too much traffic also. I barely have a place to reach 100 mph around here, so I plan to go to the drags soon.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Oh yes I am having fun with her. I have quickly found that I only want to drive with everything in the "performance" mode. Even the stock exhaust sounds great, so I can't imagine what a modified one will sound like; but I plan to find out.

Unfortunately we are so over policed in this state that fun is only a brief few moments before caution sets in. Too much traffic also. I barely have a place to reach 100 mph around here, so I plan to go to the drags soon.
I love the standard mode- its for the days you want a Rolls, a swift magic carpet ride, without drama. The Manic and the Gentleman. The stock exhaust is one you appreciate in the long run.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,577 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Certainly, no place has more traffic or more police and highway patrol than Southern California, so I don't get too many chances other than Sunday morning canyon runs through either the San Gabriel or Santa Monica mountains, so a couple of times per year, I go to the track with friends and have a go. My 2010 XKR performs admirably, and I don't take unnecessary risks, but it gives me the chance under controlled conditions to explore the parameters of the car's performance. The Hooked on Driving events have been very enjoyable as have the AudiClub events where you'll have an instructor with you if you want. No tickets, (relatively) no danger, lots of fun!

Attached Thumbnails Happy birthday to me!-group-b-esses-speed-shots-cp4_2059-jan3015-photo_by_brian-1024x683-.jpg   Happy birthday to me!-group-b-cotton-corners-cp4_1296-jan3015-photo_by_brian.jpg   Happy birthday to me!-group-b-star-mazda-cp4_2162-jan3015-photo_by_brian.jpg  
Old 04-20-2016, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
I love the standard mode- its for the days you want a Rolls, a swift magic carpet ride, without drama. The Manic and the Gentleman. The stock exhaust is one you appreciate in the long run.

Yes I know how you feel. When I'm in that mood I take my Bentley. Very quiet exhaust though.

Old 04-20-2016, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
Certainly, no place has more traffic or more police and highway patrol than Southern California, so I don't get too many chances other than Sunday morning canyon runs through either the San Gabriel or Santa Monica mountains, so a couple of times per year, I go to the track with friends and have a go. My 2010 XKR performs admirably, and I don't take unnecessary risks, but it gives me the chance under controlled conditions to explore the parameters of the car's performance. The Hooked on Driving events have been very enjoyable as have the AudiClub events where you'll have an instructor with you if you want. No tickets, (relatively) no danger, lots of fun!

I'm jealous, as we don't have canyons to escape to. The closest thing for me is central Pennsylvania, which has its issues.
Sounds like track day is something I should look into. I am planning to go to the drag strip in Englishtown (Raceway park) for a few runs at the next T and T. My cardiologist runs there so if I'm overcome by the Jag's performance I know that help is right there. Lol

Old 04-20-2016, 06:14 AM
GGG
Received 16,857 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Well the big 70 is right around the corner. What to do? Buy an XKR convertible of course. ......
Happy Birthday Rob,

Always good to see posts from someone older than me (66) - it doesn't happen too often.

Graham

Old 04-20-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by GGG
Happy Birthday Rob,

Always good to see posts from someone older than me (66) - it doesn't happen too often.

Graham
Hang in there Graham, 70 is right around the corner. Then you will have an excuse for a new car!