XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Heater control valve?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:27 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Heater control valve?

07 xk I've had a coolant leak I couldn't find so I had to take it in. The mechanic is saying it's the heater control valve. I can't find where it is in the workshop manual so I'm not sure if I should tell him to replace it or if I should do it. Where exactly is the heater control valve?

Makes sense that I couldn't get warm air the other day when I took it in. It was the first day I've driven it that I needed warm air.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,012 Likes on 1,345 Posts

I wonder if he means the "Auxiliary Coolant Flow Pump"? That's what pushes the heated coolant through the heater core.
It's removal/installation is described starting on page 2507 of the X150 service manual PDF that I use.
Its physically located on the righthand side of the car, just behind the radiator, under the upper radiator hose.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:01 PM

KJ, that's exactly what he's talking about. I called the Jag dealer to see what the price would be and he said the guy just called and that's what it was. That's one of the things I removed when I replaced my radiator and I worried I didn't get it tight enough.

That still doesn't explain what's leaking from the front of the engine and to me what looks like the water pump.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:17 PM

KJ, I've looked around "google" but can't seem to find anything on 07xk aux coolant flow pump. I want to see if I can get it cheaper than the 380 at the dealership. Would there be another name I could look under?

This sucks because I have a bad feeling I messed with it and didn't get it plugged back in correctly or didn't tighten the screws.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

The part number is C2P3531
Google it, and you'll find it cheaper than the dealer price.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:36 PM

KJ, I appreciate it. I found it for a LOT cheaper.

The shop also said it was leaking at the upper and lower CL. The guy at Autozone talked me into using the clamps that you screw to tighten instead of the clamps that were on the Jag because I was having such a hard time getting them on and off. I'm wondering if I didn't tighten them enough. I have no clue how to judge how much to tighten the screw for it to be tight enough. I'm worried I'll crack the plastic with too much force.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

Yeah, those spring clamps really were pissing me off when I changed my thermostat and housing, but another user made a good point on another thread, in that you do run the risk of cracking those plastic pipes by over tightening the screw clamps. So I've stuck with the spring clamps. Next time I need to do some 'plumbing work' I'll get a tool made to handle them, rather than futzing with a pliers on 'em.
If you decide to go back to the spring clamps, you might want to get some new ones, as they could have lost some of their 'squeeze' as a result of removing them the first time.