XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Help! Expert opinion needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Well this answers a big question of mine...
This car has idiot protection. As long as you stop the engine once- it wont let you restart and drive on an overheated engine.

Better than my Maserati which would cut the engine while running (because it assumed the car was overheating). It cut out on me on a Friday evening at the bank tellers line- oh the embarrassment. There is nothing like Italian engineering if you need to fill your quota of misery.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:54 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Opinions are like elbows dude. Everyone has a couple. No one was in your shoes at the time. You don't need to care what others think, but forums are like that.

Back to the car to close out the thread please. You last indicated that your mechanic thought the issue was coolant parts that you listed but they were going to repair and do some test drives.

What was the final diagnosis and repair?
The final diagnosis was that there indeed was coolant leak because one of the coolant hose developed a leak and the remaining coolant pipes were in pretty terrible shape. Therefore the whole coolant assembly was changed including the coolant pipes to the supercharger. Engine mounting was done and transmission fluid was replaced. Does this help? it did run me a bomb though. Around $3.5k including parts and labor.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by dharidas1477
The final diagnosis was that there indeed was coolant leak because one of the coolant hose developed a leak and the remaining coolant pipes were in pretty terrible shape. Therefore the whole coolant assembly was changed including the coolant pipes to the supercharger. Engine mounting was done and transmission fluid was replaced. Does this help? it did run me a bomb though. Around $3.5k including parts and labor.
Yes thanks dharidas for closing this out. Your closure helps future fellow forum members when they find similar issues.

Glad it wasn't the head gasket. That would have only added pain to your wallet.