XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Here's your 2012 XKR-S for $80,000

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Here's your 2012 XKR-S for $80,000

Found on eBay.....

JAGUAR XKR-S IN ITALIAN RACING RED *550 HP SUPERCHARGED 186 MPH TOP SPEED* ALL XKR EQUIPMENT PLUS XKR-S TUNED PERFORMANCE ACTIVE EXHAUST WITH QUAD TAILPIPES, XKR-S TUNED ACTIVE DIFFERENTIAL, XKR-S TUNED ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS, REVISED SPRINGS AND DAMPERS WITH 10 MM RIDE HEIGHT REDUCTION EXCLUSIVE TO R-S, FORGED AND FULLY MACHINED FRONT SUSPENSION, FORGED 20 INCH VULCAN WHEELS, HEATED AND COOLED 16 WAY POWER *DUO TONED* LEATHER PERFORMANCE SEATS, ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTS, 7 INCH TOUCH SCREEN WITH NAVIGATION, BOWERS AND WILKINS AUDIO WITH HD AND SATELLITE RADIO. ORGINAL MSRP WAS OVER 132K. THIS VEHICLE HAS NEVER BEEN TITLED. SCHEDULE YOUR TEST DRIVE TODAY.*

Jaguar XK XKR S | eBay

Interesting that one forum member may have stated that we could see a 2012 XKR-S for the $80,000 mark. Appears this is it. I am sure the dealer would take the $80,000.....down from $132,000....now that's depreciation. Wow!!!

It appears that this car was a dealer demo of some kind, since it was never titled.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Found on eBay.....

JAGUAR XKR-S IN ITALIAN RACING RED *550 HP SUPERCHARGED 186 MPH TOP SPEED* ALL XKR EQUIPMENT PLUS XKR-S TUNED PERFORMANCE ACTIVE EXHAUST WITH QUAD TAILPIPES, XKR-S TUNED ACTIVE DIFFERENTIAL, XKR-S TUNED ADAPTIVE DYNAMICS, REVISED SPRINGS AND DAMPERS WITH 10 MM RIDE HEIGHT REDUCTION EXCLUSIVE TO R-S, FORGED AND FULLY MACHINED FRONT SUSPENSION, FORGED 20 INCH VULCAN WHEELS, HEATED AND COOLED 16 WAY POWER *DUO TONED* LEATHER PERFORMANCE SEATS, ADAPTIVE FRONT LIGHTS, 7 INCH TOUCH SCREEN WITH NAVIGATION, BOWERS AND WILKINS AUDIO WITH HD AND SATELLITE RADIO. ORGINAL MSRP WAS OVER 132K. THIS VEHICLE HAS NEVER BEEN TITLED. SCHEDULE YOUR TEST DRIVE TODAY.*

Jaguar XK XKR S | eBay

Interesting that one forum member may have stated that we could see a 2012 XKR-S for the $80,000 mark. Appears this is it. I am sure the dealer would take the $80,000.....down from $132,000....now that's depreciation. Wow!!!

It appears that this car was a dealer demo of some kind, since it was never titled.
I would jump on this if it were a vert. Someone's going to get a deal here.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Wow great deal!

Old 01-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Yah, that's one of the cars in Chantilly that a few of us have pondered over the last three months or so. Specifically, the listing is now at $83,995.

Because it's never been titled, I was worried that the car might have seen a LOT of butts in the seat, perhaps with some abusive driving over its 6331 miles. On the other hand, it's certainly possible that the sales manager or owner drove it.

If a buyer could get the dealership to CPO the car, it'd be a really good buy at $83k.

Rich

Old 01-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Rw99
Yah, that's one of the cars in Chantilly that a few of us have pondered over the last three months or so. Specifically, the listing is now at $83,995.

Because it's never been titled, I was worried that the car might have seen a LOT of butts in the seat, perhaps with some abusive driving over its 6331 miles. On the other hand, it's certainly possible that the sales manager or owner drove it.

If a buyer could get the dealership to CPO the car, it'd be a really good buy at $83k.

Rich
When a car is available at a dealership and has not been titled, most likely sales manager or owner did drive the car. I have run across this situation multiple times when searching for a vehicle. Thus, no titling of the car. Chantilly is taking offers on the car, and would think that a price close to $80,000 is doable. The XKR-S would be under warranty so there can be no doubt the car would have to be a Certified car. Both time and mileage would still apply under the Jaguar warranty.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

When a car is available at a dealership and has not been titled, most likely sales manager or owner did drive the car. I have run across this situation multiple times when searching for a vehicle. Thus, no titling of the car. Chantilly is taking offers on the car, and would think that a price close to $80,000 is doable. The XKR-S would be under warranty so there can be no doubt the car would have to be a Certified car. Both time and mileage would still apply under the Jaguar warranty.

Time and Mileage start when the car is Titled I believe though. Can someone confirm?

Old 01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Although this car has never been titled, theoretically it is a used car, in this case a demo of some sort. It should be discounted substantially as it has been driven and is almost 2 years old. Yes it sounds like a good deal for a rare car.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Rich
If it's never Titled, the warranty starts when it is titled, just losing the 6331 miles. Hard to believe the dealership would let anyone tool around in a car like that. I bet the miles were pretty carefully driven, and if not... That car is pretty strong.

Good deal if that is the car you want.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:14 AM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

I suspect many cars of this nature (I.e. demo cars and other untitled cars) were used at driving schools and events, especially XKR and R-S. Monticello has a whole fleet of XKR and one R-S that must eventually hit the market when they are done with them. I am not saying it is not a car to buy, but I think with many of these cars there is a good chance that the couple thousand miles on them are of the "spirited" variety.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by caviarjag
I suspect many cars of this nature (I.e. demo cars and other untitled cars) were used at driving schools and events, especially XKR and R-S. Monticello has a whole fleet of XKR and one R-S that must eventually hit the market when they are done with them. I am not saying it is not a car to buy, but I think with many of these cars there is a good chance that the couple thousand miles on them are of the "spirited" variety.
I would not be surprised if this was the case. When I attended the JaguarAlive event I could not help wondering when all those low mileage cars would be dumped on the market. Those cars must have seen more tire-smoking, hard usage per odometer mileage than anything else on the roads. It would really be helpful to find out exactly who and how used this vehicle. If it was driven by that little old lady or sales manager, this would be a great buy.

Albert

Old 01-06-2014, 12:04 PM

I called to ask... since I was curious and to alleviate speculation. Talked to "Sunny" - a thick Indian accent and if there is any serious buyers; he was very professional and helpful.

This is an "executive" car meaning that executives were driving it as a perk of their job and Jaguar. The car was never used at a performance event and still has the original tires for this reason - to prove that it never saw a track.

With regards to the warranty - it will be CPO'd and the original warranty starts from the service date/mileage. The Service date was in 2012 when it was released to the executive pool of cars.

Hope this helps and potential buyers!

The following users liked this post:
richzak (01-06-2014)
Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I called to ask... since I was curious and to alleviate speculation. Talked to "Sunny" - a thick Indian accent and if there is any serious buyers; he was very professional and helpful.

This is an "executive" car meaning that executives were driving it as a perk of their job and Jaguar. The car was never used at a performance event and still has the original tires for this reason - to prove that it never saw a track.

With regards to the warranty - it will be CPO'd and the original warranty starts from the service date/mileage. The Service date was in 2012 when it was released to the executive pool of cars.

This news is very informative, as I had thought the car would NOT have been tracked. At $80,000 or close to it, as they are accepting offers, the car seems to be a very good deal indeed.

Old 01-06-2014, 12:43 PM

This news is very informative, as I had thought the car would NOT have been tracked. At $80,000 or close to it, as they are accepting offers, the car seems to be a very good deal indeed.
He did say that they have been getting calls on it from all over the country... It won't last long. That being said - as a salesman his job is to create demand. They're advertising it on ebay so it's probably true. An offer at 80K sound be a no brainer for the dealer but if I were seriously in the market I'd aim for 75K.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:13 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

I purchased my car last year with a little over 6,000 miles from a Mercedes dealer's pre-owned lot. The same family of dealerships (Park Place) also owns a Jaguar showroom. Like the car on Ebay, it was also a Jaguar executive car and previously untitled. It has been flawless and it has no issues. A perfect car that I am VERY glad to have found for ~$45k off MSRP. I think I just hit 10k on the odometer this weekend after a coffee and cars event. Tons of compliments and probably hundreds of pictures were taken of her.

The only thing it needed was a little TLC on the clearcloat from being washed by the dealer incorrectly. A premium polish and wax detail brought it back to showroom condition.

This car looks to be a great deal if someone wants an XKR-S coupe. I doubt it will sell for much less than what they are asking. Someone will ****** it up!

Old 01-06-2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by R_Rated

Excellent info. I'd want them to state those usage claims in writing, just to be sure...

Chances are they'd add ~$2k or so to the final price if the buyer wants the car enrolled as a CPO. It'd be well worth it, IMO.

Rich

Old 01-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Veteran Member

Excellent info. I'd want them to state those usage claims in writing, just to be sure...

Chances are they'd add ~$2k or so to the final price if the buyer wants the car enrolled as a CPO. It'd be well worth it, IMO.

Rich
This 2012 Jaguar is automatically considered as a CPO car. There is no need to even think that anyone would pay up $2000 extra for the CPO designation, as this car is a CPO car already and meets all of the Jaguar criteria. Every manufacturer has different CPO standards. Here is Jaguars.

Jaguar Select Edition Certified Pre-Owned

Vehicle must:

Be 5 model years or newer
Have fewer than 60,000 miles
72 months/100,000 miles (whichever comes first) from original in-service date
Includes 24-hour roadside assistance
Vehicle History Report Included
Warranty Deductible $0
150 point inspection

My best guess is this 2012 XKR-S will sell slightly above the $80,000 mark. It all comes down to who has the cash to make the deal happen or who is willing to finance the car to buy it and CLOSE the sale. There may be lots of inquiries, but the deal is never done until the sales contract is signed. I am sure there are lots of questions and lots of lookers, which in the end, means nothing.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
This car looks to be a great deal if someone wants an XKR-S coupe. I doubt it will sell for much less than what they are asking. Someone will ****** it up!
The used car dealership is probably into it for 75K since it does not need any servicing, I doubt they'd budge much.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

If it has never been titled, doesn't that mean it comes with a new car warranty? And if so, that means it cannot be sold with a Select Edition warranty since those only apply to used Jaguars, correct?

I'm not sure I trust the salesman when he says it wasn't used for performance events. What proof does he have?

Old 01-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

Nevermind, just read the part about the original in service date being sometime in 2012...

Old 01-06-2014, 02:59 PM

I should clarify: when I say CPO, I mean warrantied as such (not just "eligible"). I mean, somebody's gonna have to pay for the extended warranty...

Rich

Quick Reply: Here's your 2012 XKR-S for $80,000