XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Here's your 2012 XKR-S for $80,000

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

Like the Amber side markers also. Matches the car color well, vs white.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

Looking at all the other color options I would propably prefer the clear markers as the amber markers just stick out as a third/fourth color together with the black rims and carbon fiber, the car color and the clear of the head lights but in the red they seem to just disappear. All just personal preference of course ...

Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 383 Likes on 257 Posts

I got the same XKRS... Bought brand spanking new!! Mine came with the e-cable rubbing against the body making a "chirp" noise that u could hear a mile away!! Was quite weird but was fixed insulating it. Otherwise it's been fantastic but I've only put 1400 miles on it.

Consider getting the clearcoat fixed and 22ple glass coating put on it as well... I got pics if u want to see!! Or message me your phone and I can text!! I know 3 XKRS owners...we stick together mate!!

Old 01-18-2014, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by MaximA
Are you using the stock Jag Suede wheel? Do you mind me asking how much they charged?
I had a voicemail last night from my dealer. He said he never saw one before and does not know how long it will take to get one. He claimed he did not.know that they made one.

Any who he quoted me $1655 installed. I will get the order number when I go pickup my car.

Old 01-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I own a 2012 XKR-S. Drove it all last summer in the country and love the vehicle. Very puzzeled by your comments about the exhaust. I have had many cars, some with aftermarket exhausts and none were as loud as this car. There is also a distinct difference in the sound when you push the dynamic button, when racing the engine and even idling. That's the button with the flags on it. You can literally hear the car a mile away over the woods when it's accelerating. I can't emphasize how loud the car is. However, without the baffles open it is comfortably quiet. A great combination and no resonance like most aftermarket exhausts!

Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 AM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by edehut
I own a 2012 XKR-S. Drove it all last summer in the country and love the vehicle. Very puzzeled by your comments about the exhaust. I have had many cars, some with aftermarket exhausts and none were as loud as this car. There is also a distinct difference in the sound when you push the dynamic button, when racing the engine and even idling. That's the button with the flags on it. You can literally hear the car a mile away over the woods when it's accelerating. I can't emphasize how loud the car is. However, without the baffles open it is comfortably quiet. A great combination and no resonance like most aftermarket exhausts!
I totally agree with these comments. Make sure u are in dynamic mode, because it makes a big difference in sound. The RS is very loud, yet has no drone. I think u will be hard pressed to improve upon the quality of sound of the stock RS system

Old 01-19-2014, 02:55 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 941 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by Octurbo
I totally agree with these comments. Make sure u are in dynamic mode, because it makes a big difference in sound. The RS is very loud, yet has no drone. I think u will be hard pressed to improve upon the quality of sound of the stock RS system

+1

I have the dynamic pack and performance exhaust options on my XKR giving it the same suspension and exhaust of the RS. It sounds fantastic. A big improvement over my 2011 XKR 175 standard exhaust. You must be doing something wrong.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

There may be a potato in the end of your exhaust pipe.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member

I know what the dynamic button is but it does not change the tone at all at idle. As some here have stated it just keeps the valves open during the entire rpm range. The car may be loud past 4,000 rpm but for most driving it is quieter than my XF. Whether I follow the XKR-S in the XF versus vice versa as well as the sound that I hear inside the car compared to the XF. Now my XF is not loud and just has a deep rumble and you can cruise at 65mph at just under 2,000rpm and pretty much not hear the exhaust inside at all compared to wind and tire noise.
Again the car maybe loud on the outside when you drive by some people and accelerate hard or just keep the rpm above 4,000 but who drives like that for long? You maybe do that on occasion but driving the XKR-S under most normal conditions it sounds much quieter than my XF.

Going back to the endless number of youtube videos I watched it seems they were all driven under very hard acceleration but looking at the videos where the car pulled into a parking lot after a ride in a columns of other cars you can barely hear the XKR-S. You can hear the Lambos and Astons but the XKR-S is fairly quiet. Certainly as Jaguar expected it to be. All I am saying is that compared to the expectations I had from all the videos, the car is certainly subdued unless you keep the rpms high all the time.

I am not looking for a screaming loud car but for a deeper and more impressive sound under normal driving conditions this is my fun car and I need to hear it.

Last edited by Schwabe; 01-30-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Veteran Member

Was hoping to have better pics by now but the weather is just bad. No chance to clean her up any better. Tinting was already done, exhaust is going on on Friday unless we have more snow.

Attached Thumbnails Here's your 2012 XKR-S for ,000-dsc00968.jpg   Here's your 2012 XKR-S for ,000-dsc00969.jpg   Here's your 2012 XKR-S for ,000-dsc00970.jpg  
Old 01-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Looking good! The red center caps are a nice touch.

The following users liked this post:
Schwabe (01-30-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 11:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

[QUOTE=Schwabe;900450]Was hoping to have better pics by now but the weather is just bad. No chance to clean her up any better. Tinting was already done, exhaust is going on on Friday unless we have more snow.

I just love the looks of that car. I'd be hard pressed to name an other GT that looks this aggressive and, at the same time, this sensuous.

Albert

The following 2 users liked this post by axr6:
Lothar52 (01-30-2014), Schwabe (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=axr6;900512]
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Was hoping to have better pics by now but the weather is just bad. No chance to clean her up any better. Tinting was already done, exhaust is going on on Friday unless we have more snow.

I just love the looks of that car. I'd be hard pressed to name an other GT that looks this aggressive and, at the same time, this sensuous.

Albert
I have this exact same car in Columbus, OH. Tell me, how are you modifying the exhaust?? These XKR-S cars are BEASTS...Luxurious BEASTS...its like getting a back rub from King Lion every day you go out to your garage!!

Loth

The following users liked this post:
Schwabe (01-30-2014)
Old 01-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Veteran Member

No to blatantly disagree but let me just say this...the car itself is rather quiet during normal driving and I agree...the commercials made it sound like a wild hooligan ALL THE TIME. However I have started the car in my garage with the racing flag off...Then I turn it on and I definitely hear a DIFFERENCE...

I have done this with my pops starting the car in the garage and I am outside listening for a change... Its there...

However regardless - the car is quiet unless you punch is.... Then you get the big cat growl. I want to keep it stock so I am good with that I guess. I bought this car new and want to keep it stock. That being said I do have....another.... see below. I do believe the F-Type V8S convertible I drove had much throatier exhaust with more crackles and pops.

My 2012 XKR with the simple active exhaust is VERY VERY QUIET... 100x moreso with the 2 front resonators... I want to upgrade the exhaust on that car and I am curious as to what exhaust system you are getting and when you get it... How is sounds

Lothar52

Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=Lothar52;900677]
Originally Posted by axr6

I have this exact same car in Columbus, OH. Tell me, how are you modifying the exhaust?? These XKR-S cars are BEASTS...Luxurious BEASTS...its like getting a back rub from King Lion every day you go out to your garage!!

Loth
I have a Mina Gallery exhaust which will be installed tomorrow. I took
a video in dynamic mode of the stock exhaust. Unfortunately the weather here is really bad so no drive bys, just startup waiting until idle settles and then two revs to about 3,000+ it seems to prevent much higher revs in idle at these temperatures. I will do the same with the Mina to demonstrate the difference.

so this whole thing will be gone:

Attached Thumbnails Here's your 2012 XKR-S for ,000-newxkrexhaust2.jpg  
Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
No to blatantly disagree but let me just say this...the car itself is rather quiet during normal driving and I agree...the commercials made it sound like a wild hooligan ALL THE TIME. However I have started the car in my garage with the racing flag off...Then I turn it on and I definitely hear a DIFFERENCE...

I have done this with my pops starting the car in the garage and I am outside listening for a change... Its there...

However regardless - the car is quiet unless you punch is.... Then you get the big cat growl. I want to keep it stock so I am good with that I guess. I bought this car new and want to keep it stock. That being said I do have....another.... see below. I do believe the F-Type V8S convertible I drove had much throatier exhaust with more crackles and pops.

My 2012 XKR with the simple active exhaust is VERY VERY QUIET... 100x moreso with the 2 front resonators... I want to upgrade the exhaust on that car and I am curious as to what exhaust system you are getting and when you get it... How is sounds

Lothar52
I agree, I watched video after video and they made it sound like the F-Type. They must have driven the car above 4,000 rpm at all times. I can cruise at 2,000rpm at about 65 miles with dynamic mode on and not hear the exhaust over the road and wind noise.
There is also this video of a XKR-S versus a F Type V8S and it sounded, at least in the video a like:

In normal driving I have to "work" the exhaust ie shift down and maintain high revs to hear the exhaust. This is my fun car and I want to hear it. The Mina exhaust is just an axle-back exhaust, slip-on, no modifications. I can put the stock muffler back on at anytime.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I agree, I watched video after video and they made it sound like the F-Type. They must have driven the car above 4,000 rpm at all times. I can cruise at 2,000rpm at about 65 miles with dynamic mode on and not hear the exhaust over the road and wind noise.

In normal driving I have to "work" the exhaust ie shift down and maintain high revs to hear the exhaust. This is my fun car and I want to hear it. The Mina exhaust is just an axle-back exhaust, slip-on, no modifications. I can put the stock muffler back on at anytime.

I cant wait to hear it brother...post videos...get a before and after at started if you would..can you do that and post to youtube yourself? I want to hear if there is a different and I may mod my 2012 XKR which is very muffled. Will view that video after work as I can not view videos here.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Yeah no problem, will have that on youtube, depending on weather even by this weekend.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
The following 2 users liked this post by Schwabe:
Lothar52 (01-31-2014), Matt in Houston (01-31-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member

It sounds fuller but not necessarily louder. Has anyone deleted the muffler/bladder section section? Is that possible?!? In other words does mina sell straight back pipes???

Last edited by Lothar52; 01-31-2014 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Here's your 2012 XKR-S for $80,000