XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Honest opinions please on XK/XKR purchase

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Well not white but I've had champagne and ivory. Both a variation of off white. Yes you have to be attentive to keeping them clean, Even denim dye will transfer but clean up has always been easy.
My VDP had the ivory Connolly hides and jeans dye would transfer to the seats like crazy! Fancier the jeans, the more the dye would transfer. 3M leather cleaner takes it off instantly. I'd follow it up with Lexol or Connolly's hide food (necessary or not).

Old 11-21-2016, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Thoughts:
- agreed on the XKR-vs-XK observations already made. Over time, you'll wish you had the XKR, I think.
- are you SURE that, since it's at a Jag dealer, you can't get them to certify that XKR? Tell them it's a non-negotiable issue for you. See what response you get.
- I have an extended warranty: FIDELITY WARRANTY SERVICES (got it through the Jag dealer where I bought the car). Have used it twice already. Very happy with it so far.
- if it doesn't have one already, see if you can negotiate a wind deflector into the sale. It's a must-have for a convertible, my opinion.

Finally-- have you checked this one out? I actually drove this for a friend who was in the market. It's clean. Got the sport seats, if you like those-- and it just came down $1000:
https://www.carmax.com/cars/jaguar/xkr/2013/13118995

Good luck-- keep us posted!

Last edited by pk4144; 11-21-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
It's sad neither of those cars have the Adaptive Cruise Control. I absolutely LOVE it.
+1 for sure.
Took a road trip to the Grand Canyon this weekend. The Adaptive Cruise took a little getting used to, but once I did... can't imagine not using it now.

Oh, and: got hit for doing 116 in a 65. (But it ended much better than it could have...)

Old 11-22-2016, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts

Many discussions on XK versus XKR..... Mine is the XK version and everytime I drive it I feel I'm driving an exotic. People look at me as I pass....Did they notice the hood scoops missing???? Either car is great!

Old 11-23-2016, 07:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by pk4144
+1 for sure.
Took a road trip to the Grand Canyon this weekend. The Adaptive Cruise took a little getting used to, but once I did... can't imagine not using it now.

Oh, and: got hit for doing 116 in a 65. (But it ended much better than it could have...)
Do the later model XK's Adaptive CC go down to 0 mph? On my '07 it would disable under like 20 mph, but on the XE once engaged works down to a complete stop.

Old 11-23-2016, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,511 Likes on 3,242 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Do the later model XK's Adaptive CC go down to 0 mph? On my '07 it would disable under like 20 mph, but on the XE once engaged works down to a complete stop.
Mine will go down to a complete stop. However, once stopped the cruise disables and the car begins to creep.

Old 11-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Received 257 Likes on 108 Posts
Talking

Woo hoo!!!

Pulled the trigger on the Lunar Gray/Truffle XKR after dealer agreed to roll the extended warranty into the price and pay for covered transport down to my location.

Doesn't have the Dynamic Pack or adaptive cruise control, but I think I ultimately wouldn't use either much. It does have the performance exhaust option though, which is the only option I know for sure I would've wanted if I were buying new.

Ships out today and will hopefully arrive by the end of the week Between my wife who lied about not making me get rid of my motorcycles after we got married and then having kids, I haven't had a remotely fun vehicle in almost a decade. So needless to say, I'm a *little* excited.

Thanks again for all the comments and info! Will post pics when it arrives although I know it's not anything you guys haven't seen.

The following users liked this post:
mosesbotbol (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Awesome! Congrats. I'll be looking for you around the neighborhood

Simon Tan (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by shemp
Awesome! Congrats. I'll be looking for you around the neighborhood
Thanks! An XK seems like a rarer sighting around here than a Ferrari or Lamborghini, so I'm sure we'll notice if we ever do run across each other. I probably see a half dozen 911s on my commute everyday but hardly any XKs, which is cool.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon Tan
Thanks! An XK seems like a rarer sighting around here than a Ferrari or Lamborghini, so I'm sure we'll notice if we ever do run across each other. I probably see a half dozen 911s on my commute everyday but hardly any XKs, which is cool.
Agree. I see one light blue convertible XK in my area every once in a while, that's it.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Mine will go down to a complete stop. However, once stopped the cruise disables and the car begins to creep.
On the XE, you have to tap the accelerator to get the car going again a couple seconds after complete stop, but stays in adaptive cruise.

Cee Jay (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

Woo hoo!!!

Pulled the trigger on the Lunar Gray/Truffle XKR after dealer agreed to roll the extended warranty into the price and pay for covered transport down to my location.

Doesn't have the Dynamic Pack or adaptive cruise control, but I think I ultimately wouldn't use either much. It does have the performance exhaust option though, which is the only option I know for sure I would've wanted if I were buying new.

Ships out today and will hopefully arrive by the end of the week Between my wife who lied about not making me get rid of my motorcycles after we got married and then having kids, I haven't had a remotely fun vehicle in almost a decade. So needless to say, I'm a *little* excited.

Thanks again for all the comments and info! Will post pics when it arrives although I know it's not anything you guys haven't seen.
Looks nice if this is it.

Used 2013 Jaguar XK XKR in Peoria, IL | VIN: SAJWA4EC3DMB49474

Enjoy

Simon Tan (11-29-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 10:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,214 Likes on 918 Posts

Congrats, looks like you cut a great deal on a beautiful 13XKR.

Simon Tan (11-29-2016)
Old 11-30-2016, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase. It took me a year of searching for my 2012. I'm up in Prosper, so perhaps we'll see each other one day on the road.

Stephen

Old 11-30-2016, 09:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,581 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Congratulations! Enjoy your car for the first time in a decade!

Old 12-01-2016, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by tberg
Congratulations! Enjoy your car for the first time in a decade!
Originally Posted by ralphwg
Congrats, looks like you cut a great deal on a beautiful 13XKR.
Originally Posted by richzak
Thank you all!

Shipper didn't end up picking it up til yesterday though so it's now set to arrive this weekend just in time for the rain and dropping temps.
Oh well. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much since the weather also helped with negotiating the deal.

Old 12-01-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by lighterthanair
Congratulations on your purchase. It took me a year of searching for my 2012. I'm up in Prosper, so perhaps we'll see each other one day on the road.

Stephen
I've got some investments in Prosper so I drive the area pretty regularly. The drive should be a bit more enjoyable now

Given your list of cars, you must be pumped to hear about the motorsports track that's going up nearby. Motorsports Park Coming to Rural Collin County | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

Old 12-01-2016, 12:05 PM
Received 99 Likes on 61 Posts

You will not regret your choice. Nothing against XK's as I was looking for 2007+ XK's in my search. Many of them right across town. I ended up buying a 08 XKR (for less!) and had to travel to FL (from New England) to get it. The experience of the hunt and travel to get it was great. The XKR model was worth it with the added 120HP over the XK. This is even more so for the 2010+ XKR boasting the big 510HP number. A 2010+ XKR is on my list as an upgrade.

Coming from a recent new owner, congrats. I hope this feeling never wears off. I am learning a lot about the brand and car (thanks forum)... and loving it.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:28 AM

It came early! The transport company rerouted and ended up dropping my car off first so I got it 2 days earlier than expected

The driver had to back a Vette out of the truck first to get to mine, and when I remarked how sweet it sounded, he just smiled and said "Wait til you hear yours."

mosesbotbol (12-05-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got some investments in Prosper so I drive the area pretty regularly. The drive should be a bit more enjoyable now

Given your list of cars, you must be pumped to hear about the motorsports track that's going up nearby. Motorsports Park Coming to Rural Collin County | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Wow, I didn't know this was happening. I actually have lived/worked in the Middle East for 25 years and am about to leave for good to return to the States. I get back there once per year. My XKR and Lotus have been sitting in Prosper waiting for me. This facility looks like it may be a great option when I get back next May. I had been looking for a hangar space for the cars, but this seems like a perfect option.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Stephen.