Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,267 Likes on 2,384 Posts

Originally Posted by Mufc
New GT500
I like it but a little stuck on the front end:
https://www.autonews.com/blogs/does-...le-4225-pounds

And if I had to go SUV, or rather my wife, She would like this. I'm not digging the giant Tesla like screen though:

https://www.autonews.com/los-angeles...hat-people-are

Old 02-20-2020, 09:30 PM
Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Jomiltom
Nobody is excited about the Dodge Challenger Hellcat with its 717hp?
That's a lame common car now that everybody and their mama havethey all have different type horsepower,but it's the SAME 2008 body style with only different tail lights.They quit production of the Dodge Viper for this ordinary common car that everybody knows atleast 1 person on earth that have 1,and the sad thing is the Dodge Vipers are FASTER than these lame hell cats and if you don't believe me,go check out the new Vipers racing a hell cat on youtube.I swear these car companys ALWAYS wanna bring the Heaven sent beautiful fast cars to an end

Old 02-21-2020, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Leftwich
That's a lame common car now that everybody and their mama havethey all have different type horsepower,but it's the SAME 2008 body style with only different tail lights.They quit production of the Dodge Viper for this ordinary common car that everybody knows atleast 1 person on earth that have 1,and the sad thing is the Dodge Vipers are FASTER than these lame hell cats and if you don't believe me,go check out the new Vipers racing a hell cat on youtube.I swear these car companys ALWAYS wanna bring the Heaven sent beautiful fast cars to an end
A late model Viper is a great car to own for the long haul. Viper, NSX, and Ford GT are the greatest modern American made sports cars of all time. Viper is the most affordable of the three.

Last edited by mosesbotbol; 02-21-2020 at 08:25 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Barry Leftwich (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
A late model Viper is a great car to own for the long haul. Viper, NSX, and Ford GT are the greatest modern American made sports cars of all time. Viper is the most affordable of the three.
agreed!But the NSX is a Honda so that's kind of like from Japan.Now those Vipers...They SERIOUSLY hard to find since they quit production of them for the lame Hell cat

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 02-21-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Cee Jay (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 12:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,384 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by Barry Leftwich
But the NSX is a Honda so that's kind of like from Japan. Now those Vipers...
Are you joking or side with the clueless youth?
Ayrton Senna designed, owned and loved his NSX. Do you know what that means.
You do know that Honda makes F1 winning engines, Dodge never has.

guy (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 05:11 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 822 Posts

Many fine suggested replacements but missing the essence of the jaguar XKR, grand touring car. I don’t want a sports car. I don’t want American muscle. And I don’t want anything common. And you can keep your front wheel drives and your AWD.
I do want a car that’s fun, dependable, with consistent exceptional handling in all weather, and a pleasure to drive for the time it takes to drain the fuel tank twice before I need a long break. And that’s not driving a boring freeway but a 2, occasionally 4 lane road with passing areas occasionally opening up.
That’s what I love about our X150. And currently no clear replacement without spending at least 3X what I spent.

Then ‘someone’ had to bring up one of my other addictions: F1. Time to gloat. I’ll be at the seasonal opener this year!
cheers!

Last edited by guy; 02-21-2020 at 05:15 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by guy:
Barry Leftwich (05-17-2020), Queen and Country (02-21-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Received 464 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Tatty
So I've had my 2011 XKR a few month now and I love it! Anyway I took my mate out in it and as much as he liked it too he told me that when it's time for a new car, what could I possibly get in my price range with the looks, power and noise of the XKR and it's got me totally stumped! XKR production is now stopped, Vantage is too small and slow, DB9 is also lacking in power, F-Type is too small, 911 is too boring as is everything else that's German. The only car I can think of would be a Maserati Gran Turismo that comes close to the XKR! Not that I'm looking to change anytime soon. Anyone else think that Jaguar have made a mistake by not making another GT car? In my opinion the choice is small at the minute and Jag have showed for years how much of a good job at making them they can do!
I feel the same way. I have no plans to change my XKR but if and when I do I think the Bentley Continental GT will be on my radar. Gorgeous car, amazing heritage, great performance and affordable on the used car market. Very much like the Jaguar in fact.

Old 02-22-2020, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Are you joking or side with the clueless youth?
Ayrton Senna designed, owned and loved his NSX. Do you know what that means.
You do know that Honda makes F1 winning engines, Dodge never has.
All I was saying is that the NSX is a japanese branded car sense it's from Honda.Idk too much about where else it came from lol

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 02-22-2020 at 02:07 AM.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by barnsie
I feel the same way. I have no plans to change my XKR but if and when I do I think the Bentley Continental GT will be on my radar. Gorgeous car, amazing heritage, great performance and affordable on the used car market. Very much like the Jaguar in fact.
i'll pass on a bentley.They look too old fashion and look like old folks cars to me.The Jaguar XKR got a sort of a mid-age look to it and gives you the look of an upgrade from the mustangs and Camaros.It also looks like you 1 step closer to owning a Lambo or Ferrari and some people might already think you there

pwpacp (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,384 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by guy
That’s what I love about our X150. And currently no clear replacement without spending at least 3X what I spent.
Lost my favorite car tonight. It too had no replacement at any price. You know what it is my friend, once in a blue moon the stars align and its never the same arrangement again. Even Ford doesnt have access to the same Ford engine plant- in UK no less, now they have to go to Mexico and Kazakhstan. How about when F1 allowed those turbo charged monsters from Honda, that will never happen again. The car I lost was from a time when the might of the Japanese craftsmen were determined to prove they could make a better luxury car for peanuts.
I'll say it, XK150 was from a time that Jaguar was most capable and there was ample tradition around. One thing you left off your list, I dont want a car that's too flashy, its embarrassing. I want a slightly understated car.

The following 2 users liked this post by Queen and Country:
Barry Leftwich (02-22-2020), guy (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:09 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

The line of the xk / xkr from my point of view is beautiful, the stability also, the finishes I see them good by removing the cover of the gear lever where the PNRDS letters appear that the paint skips (I varnished it to prevent the paint from skipping ).
I do not like the Dodge line, I see it rather old although being such a large car impresses to see it on the street.
My son has one and is very comfortable in every way. Of stability I have not tested it thoroughly but it has to be good since it assembles the chassis of the class E of Mercedes.
It is not a car that I was going to buy but it is very well manufactured and is easier to repair than the xkr.
The decision belongs to each one but I believe that in the future it will be a well-priced classic.

Last edited by Jomiltom; 02-22-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:15 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Before buying the xk I have I went to look at a porsche 997 S and I was quite disappointed.
I found it extremely expensive in the second-hand market as well as finding it much more uncomfortable when driving.
It may be another candidate for me the aston vantage, or the maserati, nothing more

Barry Leftwich (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,048 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Lost my favorite car tonight.
Sorry to here that, but... details?

Old 02-22-2020, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,555 Likes on 898 Posts

Although on this forum we tend to lean towards more classier vehicles with the likes of Bentley gt, dB9 and granturisimo however I'm shocked that no one has ever suggested a GT-R before you start hating, it is a very capable vehicle that can out accelerate , out handle and out brake the best of anything we have to offer in the entire Jaguar stable and is a legitimate daily driver.

Where I do think the GT-R does fall short is definitely within the interior department it's extremely cheap looking however one does not purchase a GT-R for this, and it's no where nearly as good looking/pretty as a xk not even remotely close.

At the end of the day I guess it comes down to ones particular driving style , vehicle expectations and intended purpose of use .

Last edited by steve_k_xk; 02-22-2020 at 06:55 AM.
Barry Leftwich (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 01:08 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 941 Likes on 615 Posts

How do you move on from the XKR? You buy another one. I'm on my third XKR.

The following 4 users liked this post by DGL:
1 of 19 (02-23-2020), Barry Leftwich (02-22-2020), guy (02-22-2020), ralphwg (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 654 Likes on 478 Posts

This is a question that is much easier answered for the XK than XKR.

I'm not going to look at this from used value but rather if you had bought new, and were looking to buy new again:

A Porsche doesn't offer the horsepower.
An Aston's MSRP is generally more than double.
Audi and Mercedes do not offer the joy of simplicity.
Corvette doesn't have back seats.
Jaguar, same problem as Corvette. (That, or back seats come with four doors.)
Ferrari, same problem as an Aston Martin.

To me, the strongest contenders are likely a Chevy Camaro ZL1 and Nissan GTR.

For me personally, I want a special interior color that is warm and inviting.
That limits me as current trends are eliminating this from their line up when it comes to the fastest versions of cars.

Cee Jay (02-22-2020)
Old 02-22-2020, 03:23 PM

Lost my favorite car tonight. It too had no replacement at any price. You know what it is my friend, once in a blue moon the stars align and its never the same arrangement again. Even Ford doesnt have access to the same Ford engine plant- in UK no less, now they have to go to Mexico and Kazakhstan. How about when F1 allowed those turbo charged monsters from Honda, that will never happen again. The car I lost was from a time when the might of the Japanese craftsmen were determined to prove they could make a better luxury car for peanuts.
I'll say it, XK150 was from a time that Jaguar was most capable and there was ample tradition around. One thing you left off your list, I dont want a car that's too flashy, its embarrassing. I want a slightly understated car.
same here!I love a beautiful car that's underestimated and can prove all other cars wrong

Old 02-22-2020, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Jomiltom
The line of the xk / xkr from my point of view is beautiful, the stability also, the finishes I see them good by removing the cover of the gear lever where the PNRDS letters appear that the paint skips (I varnished it to prevent the paint from skipping ).
I do not like the Dodge line, I see it rather old although being such a large car impresses to see it on the street.
My son has one and is very comfortable in every way. Of stability I have not tested it thoroughly but it has to be good since it assembles the chassis of the class E of Mercedes.
It is not a car that I was going to buy but it is very well manufactured and is easier to repair than the xkr.
The decision belongs to each one but I believe that in the future it will be a well-priced classic.
any car is easier to repair if you know what you doing.The only problem with repairing the Jaguar,is that if you live in a stupid area,people always want to over charge you for working on the brand of these cars

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 02-22-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk
Although on this forum we tend to lean towards more classier vehicles with the likes of Bentley gt, dB9 and granturisimo however I'm shocked that no one has ever suggested a GT-R before you start hating, it is a very capable vehicle that can out accelerate , out handle and out brake the best of anything we have to offer in the entire Jaguar stable and is a legitimate daily driver.

Where I do think the GT-R does fall short is definitely within the interior department it's extremely cheap looking however one does not purchase a GT-R for this, and it's no where nearly as good looking/pretty as a xk not even remotely close.

At the end of the day I guess it comes down to ones particular driving style , vehicle expectations and intended purpose of use .
i appreciate the remarks you made and it all sounds like the truth

Old 02-22-2020, 05:52 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 822 Posts

What have you lost?
And you are absolutely spot on about Jaguar from that era. I do hope the future changes. A majority of the cars on the road are just plain boring to me.
Doubly so it seems: You are entirely accurate on the 'flashy' aspect. Understated elegance, simplicity and sophistication is what perks my attention.

The following 2 users liked this post by guy:
Barry Leftwich (02-22-2020), Queen and Country (02-26-2020)

Quick Reply: How do you move on from an XKR?