XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

How to set/configure installed options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to set/configure installed options?

I have a 2012 XKR, that I've had for a few months. Since purchasing it, the cruse control hasn't worked.

I get a U0104-00 "hard" error ("Cannot Communicate with Cruse Control Module").

Note that my car was built with "Standard Cruise Control" (not Adaptive Cruse Control). And yes, I have tried clearing the current error codes and restarting the car while it's connected to a 25 amp charger.

I have taken the car to a local Jaguar dealer/service center, and they can't figure out what's wrong with it. And yes, they checked the brake switch(es), steering wheel controls, etc...

One of the really strange things is that, I shouldn't get that U0104 error unless the car is configured for Adaptive Cruise Control. And yes, it has been checked, and it was configured for Standard Cruise Control.

I would like to try one of the following:
1) Set the cars feature configuration to "Adaptive Cruise Control" and then set it back to "Standard Cruise Control".
2) Install all the parts for "Adaptive Cruise Control" and configure it for that.

I have built a PC with JLR SDD tool, and purchased the OBD interface for it. Anyone know how to set/configure the installed features/optional equipment using that tool?

Does anyone know of any other tool that I can purchase to set the installed features/optional equipment? (A local repair shop that specialized in Jaguars had one, but I didn't see who made it or what the model number was.)

I would be grateful for any help that anyone can offer.

Old 09-27-2019, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,430 Likes on 3,207 Posts

To 'configure for adaptive' you'd need to have the correct switch on the steering wheel, the second switch on the far right, and also the 'radar' thing inside the nose. I guess it IS possible to have some of it installed and not other parts, and then it never got turned on. The main difference though is that Adaptive Cruise uses a separate module and 'normal' cruise goes through the ECU.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
To 'configure for adaptive' you'd need to have the correct switch on the steering wheel, the second switch on the far right, and also the 'radar' thing inside the nose. I guess it IS possible to have some of it installed and not other parts, and then it never got turned on. The main difference though is that Adaptive Cruise uses a separate module and 'normal' cruise goes through the ECU.
Yes. I understand.

But (if all the needed parts get installed), how can I configure the ECU to use them?

Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,430 Likes on 3,207 Posts

MAYBE it already is, but can't FIND the ACC module because it isn't there.
Hellz, man, I don't know. I'm just throwing thoughts at my fingers and they wham on a keyboard.
Are you POSITIVE that you have Standard Cruise and not ACC? I'm certainly not saying anything about anything, but you say Standard but then the car says ACC by saying "Module".
How many 'rotary'-looking buttons do you have on the right steering wheel spoke?
Again, I'm just vomiting words now, hoping some still have a pizza roll in it.