XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Huh? Whoowhat?!? DOH!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
I will be more than happy to respond privately. On the condition that you will not post how to obtain the data or the product on this forum.

I am sure you are well aware that I was banned from this forum for 10 days.

I was informed that I willed be permanently banned from this forum thru IP address if I offend or am politically incorrect again.

As you are aware, I took an individual to task that blamed the manufacturer, for his melted engine after he ignored an intermittent warning light for 1 hour.

I truly believe that trying to extort a new car from a manufacturer due to ones own ignorance or abuse is a matter of moral turpitude. I also called the individual to task on that as it was posted on this forum. For that I was severely punished.

No one on this forum read with much critical thought how that engine was destroyed, except me.

The car owner, who blamed everyone but himself, got the karma he so desired.

He threw the dealer under the bus by complaining to Jag N.A., about the inaction of the dealer to fix his car post haste and forthwith.

The only friend he had that could have fixed this car and cover up the abuse and negligence is now his worst enemy.

I am confident that a Jag N.A. regional rep will discover the abuse and cancel the CPO and not allow the dealer to fix the engine at Jag's expense.

If you recall the expense to fix that car was at most several hundred dollars, to replace the water pump. But now that the engine was nuked the cost is a minimum of $7500.00 if you include a total rebuild or a new engine with labor time.

This is conjecture on my part regarding cost due to I havent inspected the engine. But remember he ran an over heated engine for at least 40 miles, which aint good for the bearings, crank, pistons, blah blah blah. I wouldnt be surprised if the entire engine didnt seize up

the forum members that reported me and had me banned should be proud of themselves. Besides, I am just another woman who graduated summa *** laude from M.I.T. No, I am not an intake coordinator in H.R. as in my profile

There arent any threaded pressure ports that can be accessed in the block to get oil temp and pressure as evidenced by my inspection of my car's engine. Oil pressure is thru an electronic sensor that doesnt allow threading for an oil sensor. I however did find a way to get the most accurate oil pressure and temp, in real time, + or - 1 degree, with the help of a fine Merlot and modification of the electronics

Furthermore, the water temp sensors cant be accessed either for gauges, as they are plastic twist click. However, I used the laser temp pick-up that I alluded to when I heated up my blower pulley, and then found the hottest part of the engine that had water access. I then used a calibrated water temp sensor that runs to a digital gauge or a smart phone

As I stated before, I will be more than happy to send pics and manufacturer part numbers, and a walk through to accomplish this task. However, I dont want to see this info anywhere on this forum or read that any member received the pm from you with the info I sent.

When I get thrown off this forum, permanently, it will be the forum's loss, not mine

Karma is a *****, aint it guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
SoCalBabe:

I did not know that you had been banned for the 10 day penalty. Sorry to hear. Most forums have strict policies and procedures to control tensions I am sure.

For me, I feel strongly that any member should be able to voice opinions whether other people like it or not. Facts are usually facts. You cannot please 100% of the members. This is a great forum, a useful forum, with outstanding people/members, so I am sure the administrators/moderators want this one to go smoothly without inciting any riots between members.

Nevertheless, hope you can stick around, because when your in that "friendly frame a mind", your one good source for mechanical and technical info. I respect your knowledge, but also like your attitude. You don't hold back.

You know my PM so feel free to inform me. What I get in my PM stays in my PM. No different than anything else. My past occupation made me understand confidentiality at an early age.

The following users liked this post:
SoCal Babe (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 06:47 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

I will be more than happy to respond privately. On the condition that you will not post how to obtain the data or the product on this forum.

I was informed that I willed be permanently banned from this forum thru IP address if I offend or am politically incorrect again.

As you are aware, I took an individual to task that blamed the manufacturer, for his melted engine after he ignored an intermittent warning light for 1 hour.

I truly believe that trying to extort a new car from a manufacturer due to ones own ignorance or abuse is a matter of moral turpitude. I also called the individual to task on that as it was posted on this forum. For that I was severely punished.

No one on this forum read with much critical thought how that engine was destroyed, except me.

The car owner, who blamed everyone but himself, got the karma he so desired.

He threw the dealer under the bus by complaining to Jag N.A., about the inaction of the dealer to fix his car post haste and forthwith.

The only friend he had that could have fixed this car and cover up the abuse and negligence is now his worst enemy.

I am confident that a Jag N.A. regional rep will discover the abuse and cancel the CPO and not allow the dealer to fix the engine at Jag's expense.

If you recall the expense to fix that car was at most several hundred dollars, to replace the water pump. But now that the engine was nuked the cost is a minimum of $7500.00 if you include a total rebuild or a new engine with labor time.

This is conjecture on my part regarding cost due to I havent inspected the engine. But remember he ran an over heated engine for at least 40 miles, which aint good for the bearings, crank, pistons, blah blah blah. I wouldnt be surprised if the entire engine didnt seize up

the forum members that reported me and had me banned should be proud of themselves. Besides, I am just another woman who graduated summa *** laude from M.I.T. No, I am not an intake coordinator in H.R. as in my profile

There arent any threaded pressure ports that can be accessed in the block to get oil temp and pressure as evidenced by my inspection of my car's engine. Oil pressure is thru an electronic sensor that doesnt allow threading for an oil sensor. I however did find a way to get the most accurate oil pressure and temp, in real time, + or - 1 degree, with the help of a fine Merlot and modification of the electronics

Furthermore, the water temp sensors cant be accessed either for gauges, as they are plastic twist click. However, I used the laser temp pick-up that I alluded to when I heated up my blower pulley, and then found the hottest part of the engine that had water access. I then used a calibrated water temp sensor that runs to a digital gauge or a smart phone

As I stated before, I will be more than happy to send pics and manufacturer part numbers, and a walk through to accomplish this task. However, I dont want to see this info anywhere on this forum or read that any member received the pm from you with the info I sent.

When I get thrown off this forum, permanently, it will be the forum's loss, not mine

Karma is a *****, aint it guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I was not aware of you being suspended from the forum. However, I do remember the thread you are referring to which caused your suspension. Most members contribute to this forum to help other members and to learn together as we experience our Jaguars. The owner of the over heating incident IMO was not sufficiently alerted of the critical event. An intermittent overheating light to me is a warning that something is not right and needs to be investigated but doesn't alert the driver that it is critical to stop the engine or severe damage will occur. Now if the over heating light stayed on or the car went into limp mode with the intermittent light then I would think the driver would be sufficiently alerted of a critical problem. However, with only an intermittent alarm I would give the benefit to the driver that the problem is a warning and not critical. This is where Jaguar needs to take some responsibility for not sufficiently alerting the operator of a critical problem.

Every Jaguar owner or driver is not as knowledgeable as you are about cars and rely on the instrumentation to strictly instruct them what to do. Obviously, the 5l engine is equipped with a faulty water pump and one could argue that Jaguar should issue a recall given the insufficient warning the engine could sustain severe damage if not immediately stopped.

You do contribute to this forum in a colorful way. Taking such a strict and harsh stance against someone without given them the benefit of doubt is just wrong. If someone ignored a legitimate sufficient critical warning which caused severe damage Jaguar needs to figure that out--it is not your judgement call to make.

sklimii (06-15-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Instrumentation would be a nicety as well as useful. Jaguar for some reason choose to not add to the info center with the expectation that a warning of any kind would have the driver stop and take a quick assessment . Of my 50+ years of wrenching cars/trucks this is the 1st one that I've had without a water temperature gauge. That being the case I would have to rely on the warning system. SOCAL I can appreciate your zest for expressing yourself about others reluctance to heed the warning system. Also I can understand that there are other ways to extract this information but the point that most have discussed was we should not have to do anything out of the extraordinary to retrieve it. Say what you mean and mean what you say. I have no problem learning from criticism as long as it's constructive. As for Jaguar my bet is they felt the class of people buying these cars weren't interested in looking at gauges. So I don't know all of the mods rules on this site but on others the only thing that got anyone thrown off was if they threatened someone or outed their name/address. Enjoy the day

Old 06-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I was not aware of you being suspended from the forum. However, I do remember the thread you are referring to which caused your suspension. Most members contribute to this forum to help other members and to learn together as we experience our Jaguars. The owner of the over heating incident IMO was not sufficiently alerted of the critical event. An intermittent overheating light to me is a warning that something is not right and needs to be investigated but doesn't alert the driver that it is critical to stop the engine or severe damage will occur. Now if the over heating light stayed on or the car went into limp mode with the intermittent light then I would think the driver would be sufficiently alerted of a critical problem. However, with only an intermittent alarm I would give the benefit to the driver that the problem is a warning and not critical. This is where Jaguar needs to take some responsibility for not sufficiently alerting the operator of a critical problem.

Every Jaguar owner or driver is not as knowledgeable as you are about cars and rely on the instrumentation to strictly instruct them what to do. Obviously, the 5l engine is equipped with a faulty water pump and one could argue that Jaguar should issue a recall given the insufficient warning the engine could sustain severe damage if not immediately stopped.

You do contribute to this forum in a colorful way. Taking such a strict and harsh stance against someone without given them the benefit of doubt is just wrong. If someone ignored a legitimate sufficient critical warning which caused severe damage Jaguar needs to figure that out--it is not your judgement call to make.

But it is my judgement call when someone knows of a potential problem and a child is involved.

The child was driven 40 miles into the desert at 4am and the parent was aware of a potential problem.

If I had done that, I would have been called everything from a stupid woman to a bad parent for putting my child at risk.

let's take it one step further

That thread also included the parent stating he had a flat tire and had to have the rental car towed. The post doesnt state the car was damaged

That post begs several questions: did the driver even check to see if there was a spare tire in the trunk? DId he check to see if the scissors jack was in the trunk? Did he know how to change a flat tire?

let's go further.

The driver complained the rental was $50 per day and that was over budget. He can drive a $100,000 car but $50 is over budget?

The driver never "owned" any of these problems and he dumped everything in the lap of the car maker

What truly amazes me is that he filed a complaint with Jag N.A. against an out of state dealer: the one entity that could have saved him. I wouldnt be surprised if the dealer goes out of its way to show the regional rep the abuse and neglect this car suffered.

The driver was put into a situation of possible technical fault. He then made a tactical error that was a precursor to a strategic failure that turned cataclysmic and caused catastrophic equipment failure.

No different than the decisions that were made regarding the Challenger STS

And a child was involved, without loss of life

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 06-14-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:12 PM
Received 6,326 Likes on 5,512 Posts

Maybe it's time too move on and get over it?

It does not look like you paid too much attention to that advice.

Well knock me down with a feather, you are not what your profile indicates?

Strikes me that if you are not willing to share information with the forum other than privately with the chosen few there is no point being a member.

The following 3 users liked this post by Norri:
agentorange (06-24-2014), JimC64 (06-14-2014), ralphwg (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Default Works for me

Originally Posted by Norri
Maybe it's time too move on and get over it?

I made my point. Nuff said.

I will post the info for oil temp and pressure and water temp with pics on the forum, for everyone. Including the misguided and uninformed

The following 3 users liked this post by SoCal Babe:
Lothar52 (06-14-2014), Norri (06-14-2014), ralphwg (06-14-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 10:39 PM

There's a lot of us out there who appreciate some guidance.

Last edited by Norri; 06-15-2014 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Clarity
The following 2 users liked this post by Norri:
Lothar52 (06-14-2014), sklimii (06-15-2014)
Old 06-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

I made my point. Nuff said.

I will post the info for oil temp and pressure and water temp with pics on the forum, for everyone. Including the misguided and uninformed
I like it when she guides my stupid know nothing rear-end.

btw SoCal... what is your prediction on why after changing rubber seals on my jags doors and window area all hell broke loose with temp sensors in the LH mirror and front of the car?!? What would cause the MIL indicator... both?

Loth

Old 06-14-2014, 11:21 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Norri
There's a lot of us out there who appreciate some guidance.

Give me a break!! The "misguided and uninformed" was meant as a joke. Nothing more.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I like it when she guides my stupid know nothing rear-end.

btw SoCal... what is your prediction on why after changing rubber seals on my jags doors and window area all hell broke loose with temp sensors in the LH mirror and front of the car?!? What would cause the MIL indicator... both?

Loth
Probably the door panels were removed and the tech didnt monitor the placement of push-pin connectors and one or more became loose and not replaced. Or insulation was accidentally removed from a wire, causing it to ground out and thus giving an erroneous fault reading. The panels have to be loosened to accomplish the task without marring the finish or breaking the seal clips

Purely conjecture on my part, cause I havent perused the factory manual that would lead to this failure.

Too bad my husband isnt as compliant as you, under my tutelage. Wanna marry me??

Lothar52 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 12:18 AM

Give me a break!! The "misguided and uninformed" was meant as a joke. Nothing more.
So was my response, I've edited the post to try and make that more obvious.

SoCal Babe (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member

Probably the door panels were removed and the tech didnt monitor the placement of push-pin connectors and one or more became loose and not replaced. Or insulation was accidentally removed from a wire, causing it to ground out and thus giving an erroneous fault reading. The panels have to be loosened to accomplish the task without marring the finish or breaking the seal clips

Purely conjecture on my part, cause I havent perused the factory manual that would lead to this failure.

Too bad my husband isnt as compliant as you, under my tutelage. Wanna marry me??
If you can put my clear reflectors in for my panzy behind... DONE DEAL... I dont even want to pretend I know what I am doing with cars...much less a Jaguar... BTW with that... think its a quick one-two step with removing the wheel well liner... UNLIKE MY DEALERSHIP.... who says my dag on front bumper needs to come off!!?!?

Loth

Old 06-15-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts

If you can put my clear reflectors in for my panzy behind... DONE DEAL... I dont even want to pretend I know what I am doing with cars...much less a Jaguar... BTW with that... think its a quick one-two step with removing the wheel well liner... UNLIKE MY DEALERSHIP.... who says my dag on front bumper needs to come off!!?!?

Loth
You would be amazed at what you can do, if you just have patience and put your mind to the job. I am sure that you could complete the work on the reflector replacement. Just take your time, exercise patience and think ahead.

Lothar52 (06-15-2014)
Old 06-15-2014, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Sometimes I feel like "the problem guy". I take the car in alot to get little things fixed approrpriately before they become BIG things.... I work in service all-be it a different type of service... I have the people I roll my eyes at when I see "so and so is back".... I cant stand it that I might be seen as THAT GUY when the techs see me driving the car in

Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Loth, in your line of service, if you were causing the problem that was bringing people back to see you over & over, you'd be in some serious **** - car dealers get off lightly. I'm not sure how the sensor for the climate system got involved, but (like SoCal) I'm pretty sure that the problems with the mirror and its temp sensor will have resulted from the work done on the seal. So, these buggers caused the issue - if anyone's doing any tutting & eye-rolling, it should be you...

Lothar52 (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Veteran Member

Car back and sensor replaced... ext temp is correct, engine light is out...and they took apart the mirror to find out "nothing was put back together right - our fault" so now that is working brilliantly...alls well that ends well apart from the fact they still say 300 bucks to put the clear reflectors on... not gonna pay that!

Loth

The following 3 users liked this post by Lothar52:
DGL (06-23-2014), Ngarara (06-23-2014), Norri (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 09:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Loth, in your line of service, if you were causing the problem that was bringing people back to see you over & over, you'd be in some serious **** - car dealers get off lightly. I'm not sure how the sensor for the climate system got involved, but (like SoCal) I'm pretty sure that the problems with the mirror and its temp sensor will have resulted from the work done on the seal. So, these buggers caused the issue - if anyone's doing any tutting & eye-rolling, it should be you...
Your the man Ross...that made me feel better!

Ngarara (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 12:04 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Car back and sensor replaced... ext temp is correct, engine light is out...and they took apart the mirror to find out "nothing was put back together right - our fault" so now that is working brilliantly...alls well that ends well apart from the fact they still say 300 bucks to put the clear reflectors on... not gonna pay that!

Loth

Are you saying they f...ged with your car causing stress and downtime and offered you nothing. You should contact Jaguar Customer Service and have them send you a $200 gift coupon and they should bill the dealer. For $200 they would be getting off cheap. Do you trust them to install your reflectors? Maybe they will take the engine out when they have the bumper off (which doesn't need to be touched) to replace the reflectors. The more they disassemble and reassemble of your car the more they will f...g up. I don't like anyone working on my cars because no one will respect my car more then me. All kinds of crap happens in service garages.

Lothar52 (06-23-2014)
Old 06-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Are you saying they f...ged with your car causing stress and downtime and offered you nothing. You should contact Jaguar Customer Service and have them send you a $200 gift coupon and they should bill the dealer. For $200 they would be getting off cheap. Do you trust them to install your reflectors? Maybe they will take the engine out when they have the bumper off (which doesn't need to be touched) to replace the reflectors. The more they disassemble and reassemble of your car the more they will f...g up. I don't like anyone working on my cars because no one will respect my car more then me. All kinds of crap happens in service garages.
I do NOT trust them.... going to find a jag certified body shop, tell them what I know about the reflectors and ask them to do it that way!!!!

Loth

Old 06-24-2014, 06:23 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

I do NOT trust them.... going to find a jag certified body shop, tell them what I know about the reflectors and ask them to do it that way!!!!

Loth

Loth, you don't need a certified Jaguar Body Shop to replace the reflectors. A certified body shop is required to do structural work, undetachable body panels such as quarter panels and frame. Any good trustworthy reliable body shop will do it--"good trustworthy reliable" hard to find today.

I would still make a call to Jaguar Dealer Customer Service.

Last edited by DGL; 06-24-2014 at 01:56 PM.
Lothar52 (06-24-2014)

Quick Reply: Huh? Whoowhat?!? DOH!!