XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

I Appreciate My XKR Most When...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
Default I Appreciate My XKR Most When...

So no car is perfect. There are things about any car that can be irritating. Well this ain't one of those threads - its the opposite!

Here's what happened. I took a day trip earlier this week and I was debating if I should drive the R to the airport. It is unecessary risk of dings but I figured it would only be 6 hours. Plus it's so much fun to drive I feel like elementary school when I rode my bike to school. Going and coming was the highlight of my day!

Anyhow, the icing to a good meeting/travel day is knowing its waiting in the airport parking garage. Start up sounds better than ever with the Mina exhaust and resonator delete. The usual pilot launch settings: Dynamic Mode - check, Traction off - check, Sport mode - check, touch paddle for full time maual mode - check. And I'm off.

I get to the toll booth to leave the airport. After I have reciept it's lauch time. I just mean to take of briskly not quite as hard as I did. The thrust coupled with the most raucus yet sonorous symphony with window still down and near the booth that only gets muted by the auto up as both hands go back on the wheel for perfect upshifts until I settle in at about 75 mph. Composed ride, menacing low wide stance, monster sound and interior that coddles in a way that makes rush hour not so bad...

I think to myself... I did good...

How about you. When do you appreciate your XK most?

Old 06-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
How about you. When do you appreciate your XK most?
Definitely on the race track. This is a really good track day car, and I just didn't expect it would be so good. Sure it's a looker, yes it's got pedigree, but it's a GT that's supposed to slant to the luxury side of the equation...who knew it would perform like a champ!

Bruce

Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Interesting... Would have never thunk it'd be so good on a track. Reminds me of the 928 then. Almost bought one and all the owners howled about how surprisingly well it handled and put the smack down on smaller supposedly more track worthy cars!

Old 06-23-2012, 10:38 AM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Probably on my way home from work after a crappy day, when I just want to relax and have everything STFU for a while. Or when I get stuck on a 2 lane road behind 3 cars driven by people with nowhere in particular to go, who decide to be content following an 18 wheeler going 15 mph under the speed limit. Being able to go howling past as if the car just clawed its way out of hell is up there on the "simple, yet satisfying" list.

I think the only thing I've found that I can even really complain about is that my travel coffee mug fits just perfectly in the cupholder, and the cupholder isn't really secure in the console. So if I lift the mug without twisting it, it can pull the whole cupholder assembly out. Its just a weird thing, I have no idea why the cupholder doesnt snap in better somehow (Quick somebody call JD Power). But yeah, other than that...