XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

I finally signed on the dotted line!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Pics or Ban. Those are the rules. Section 6, chapter 4, subchapter 11, paragraph 3 line 16. Look it up.

- Management

Old 11-27-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by ndy.boyd
Congrats, bocatrip. I share your excitement as I too, just purchased an XK, but convertible and am anxiously awaiting delivery, which I expect on Dec 1st. I'm glad to see that you have experienced no disappointments and that your excitement of ownership has remained. The anticipation is killing me and of course, we just had about 3 inches of snow last night. I'm praying for a warm front to pass through before my car arrives.

Enjoy.
Hey Syd, congrats on the new ride. I'm curious if you found a Canadian one or if you are having it brought up from the States?

Old 11-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts

sharks8, I have been looking for a '08-09 XK for several months now. My wife and I were at our condo in Delray Beach a couple of weeks ago and we literally stumbled upon the car by complete accident. Friends of ours were going to look at buying a Volvo and we went with them to look. As I got out of the car, I spotted the XK on the lot and went right to it. It had just arrived as a trade-in from an 81 year old woman who needed a car with more room. It hadn't even been detailed yet, but still looked like a new car. Bought it after checking it out and am shipping it up with arrival expected on Dec 2. Counting the days.

I checked out your car. Beautiful. Great color.

Last edited by ndy.boyd; 11-27-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
I used Exotic Car Transport. They were great. Their drivers kept me informed and were extremely courteous and professional as well as being downright nice guys! Sorry to hear about your tires, but as soon as you can, try to get it sorted out so that you can move on and enjoy your ride. Don't let it take away any of your pleasure. You have a great car and should enjoy it.
Update: I sent an email to the dealer telling them that putting dangerous tires on the car to bump their profit a couple bucks was an outrage. I then asked for contact info for the owner of the dealership. I just got a call from the used car manager who gave me a story about it being a mixup and that the previous owner had two sets of tires for the car and they mistakenly put the bad ones on. He then offered to send me the other tires. My car was already in the shop having new tires put on. He then agreed to pick up the tab for the new tires. So, I guess, problem solved. Still, a weird story.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by chazaroo
Update: I sent an email to the dealer telling them that putting dangerous tires on the car to bump their profit a couple bucks was an outrage. I then asked for contact info for the owner of the dealership. I just got a call from the used car manager who gave me a story about it being a mixup and that the previous owner had two sets of tires for the car and they mistakenly put the bad ones on. He then offered to send me the other tires. My car was already in the shop having new tires put on. He then agreed to pick up the tab for the new tires. So, I guess, problem solved. Still, a weird story.
Chaz:

Good for you standing up to the dealership. If you wouldn't have contacted them, they would have gotten away with doing this and perhaps to someone else. They should have inspected the car before it got shipped to you.

Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

If your Jag came with a manual read it. In there you will find a section that deals with the controls in the infotainment system. If you don't have the manual you can find a downloadable manual on this forum. If neither works for you; the lowest button on left of the touchscreen will allow you to get into the settings. Play around in the vehicle settings and you will find an area to control the trip computer take it off automatic that should solve the computer zeroing out when you turn the ignition on and off.

I think there is a second area where you can control the parking alert system. Otherwise there is a light and a button on the overhead console. If the light is on then the parking sensors should be on. If the light is off then push the button and the sensors should turn on. Good luck!!

The following users liked this post:
bocatrip (11-27-2013)
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

I just learned that my VW unlocks on my touch when it is in the garage and the keys are hanging on the hook inside the house. I haven't tested the jag, but a word of caution since there are rumors of batteries running low because of key proximity.

Old 12-03-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome. I'm looking forward to being officially onboard!
Have you decided your first mods?

Old 12-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
I just learned that my VW unlocks on my touch when it is in the garage and the keys are hanging on the hook inside the house. I haven't tested the jag, but a word of caution since there are rumors of batteries running low because of key proximity.
I keep the a Jag transponder on me at all times and I'm fairly close to the garage, I can click the transponder from inside the house and it will unlock or lock the car. However, if I leave the transponder in the house and go out to the car, I can not open it with the handle. Would this or would this not constitute a battery drain on the transponder?

Old 12-03-2013, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

I keep the a Jag transponder on me at all times and I'm fairly close to the garage, I can click the transponder from inside the house and it will unlock or lock the car. However, if I leave the transponder in the house and go out to the car, I can not open it with the handle. Would this or would this not constitute a battery drain on the transponder?
Battery drain on the transponder (key) is not a big deal, since those batteries are inexpensive and very easy to replace. When you click the transponder you send a signal to the car; leaving the transponder in the house and trying to open the open the car with the door handle won't work because no signal is sent to the car like it would be if the transponder was in your pocket or if you clicked it.

A real issue is battery drain on your car, since the computers don't go into "sleep mode" unless the car is locked and the key is far enough away to not wake them up. I keep my keys in a metal box in the laundry room off my kitchen. I also keep my car locked in my garage and hooked up to a battery maintainer. I still have the original battery and my car is over 5 years old. A lot has been written on this topic in the forum.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts
Default A Great Addition

Consider adding Jaguar Puddle Lights, $24.99, eBay

The install is very simple to do.
The image quality is great.
The effect at night is mind-blowing.
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg

Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Snide72
Consider adding Jaguar Puddle Lights, $24.99, eBay

2X LED 4thgen Car door Step courtesy Welcome Laser projector light For Jaguar (330844127131)

The install is very simple to do.
The image quality is great.
The effect at night is mind-blowing.
IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2011.jpg
+1

Old 12-03-2013, 08:27 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Have you decided your first mods?