XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

I installed new trunk blade and larger spoiler...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Well, it was not very expensive to get the wheels painted, and I am still considering getting some other wheels at some point. I have received some complements on them from strangers...people are so different when it comes to stuff like this...

Wheels are so very subjective...most of the wheels I see are atrocious (to me)...especially aftermarket wheels.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Similar concept to the Vortex wheels on the XKR 75, i.e. body-coloured wheel with silver highlights:

I like the 'flying blade' effect you've achieved - nice design, well executed.

Attached Thumbnails I installed new trunk blade and larger spoiler...-jaguar-xkr-06_1680028i.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
rscultho (05-26-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rscultho
Well, it was not very expensive to get the wheels painted, and I am still considering getting some other wheels at some point. I have received some complements on them from strangers...people are so different when it comes to stuff like this...

Wheels are so very subjective...most of the wheels I see are atrocious (to me)...especially aftermarket wheels.
That looks great! I too have the Nevis wheels on my Black XFR and have been trying to decide on changing the wheel color and or doing them two tone. If you dont mind me asking, how much should I expect to pay for each wheel to have them painted two tone?

rscultho (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 02:56 PM

Did you try any other silver and black options or did you go with the basic silver and black. I have the ultimate black paint as well and was thinking about matching the cars paint for the wheels black and then trying to figure out what silver to use.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amit128
That looks great! I too have the Nevis wheels on my Black XFR and have been trying to decide on changing the wheel color and or doing them two tone. If you dont mind me asking, how much should I expect to pay for each wheel to have them painted two tone?
I went with the basic black. I kept the silver color the same as what they were...

I had some rash on all of my wheels...they fixed all that and painted the wheels for $300 a wheel. I played around with some designs in photoshop. The silver on the flat surfaces still gives the silver "plane" of color when the wheels are turning at speed.

I had them done at Wheel Wizard in Atlanta; they are located on Peachtree Industrial inside the perimeter, and I dealt with a guy named Markus. They do a lot of custom painting on wheels as well as wheel repair. They powder coated the wheels like they were done from the factory.

amit128 (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 01:26 PM

I went with the basic black. I kept the silver color the same as what they were...

I had some rash on all of my wheels...they fixed all that and painted the wheels for $300 a wheel. I played around with some designs in photoshop. The silver on the flat surfaces still gives the silver "plane" of color when the wheels are turning at speed.

I had them done at Wheel Wizard in Atlanta; they are located on Peachtree Industrial inside the perimeter, and I dealt with a guy named Markus. They do a lot of custom painting on wheels as well as wheel repair. They powder coated the wheels like they were done from the factory.
Thanks for the info! In my opinion, it turned out better than I would have imagined! Lucky for me, I was also dealing with Wheel Wizard and we were brain storming some ideas on the Nevis wheel and when I mentioned incorporting black into the wheel, they mentioned that you just got yours done but they havent seen the car yet since you dropped off the wheels seperately. They did email me yesterday and said you came by and it looked great! I agree! But now that they are completed, how do you personally feel they turned out? Would you do it again the same way? Also, since my car isnt the xkr but the xfr, would you think this color combo would complement a Ult.black xfr? Thanks for all your help. Hope one day to return the favor!

Old 05-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for the info! In my opinion, it turned out better than I would have imagined! Lucky for me, I was also dealing with Wheel Wizard and we were brain storming some ideas on the Nevis wheel and when I mentioned incorporting black into the wheel, they mentioned that you just got yours done but they havent seen the car yet since you dropped off the wheels seperately. They did email me yesterday and said you came by and it looked great! I agree! But now that they are completed, how do you personally feel they turned out? Would you do it again the same way? Also, since my car isnt the xkr but the xfr, would you think this color combo would complement a Ult.black xfr? Thanks for all your help. Hope one day to return the favor!
Yea I went by yesterday (5/28/2012). I showed them a couple small mistakes that need to be corrected and they took some pics for their website.

Well a we have discussed on the boards and as all of us know wheels are a very subjective thing. I personally like the design I created and would not have done it differently (for these Nevis wheels). However, you may have a different take on it...although with the Nevis wheels I personally could not find a different way of coloring them (other than the way I did) that provided the look and the balance that pleased my eye.

They turned out really well; They made two small mistakes on my drivers front wheel which they will be "fixing" when I take the wheel back to them. The mistakes are small and probably not even noticeable to someone standing and looking at the wheel.

Well I think the way the wheels are painted would look as good on an XFR as they would an XKR. As far as the color goes I don't think they have the ability to match the color of the car exactly. I did ask them to do that but they were not able to reproduce the metallic particle colors in Ultimate Black...just the base Black color of Ultimate Black.

And to be honest I don't know if you could see the particles if you were more than a few feet away...

Last edited by rscultho; 05-29-2013 at 02:19 PM.
amit128 (05-29-2013)
Old 07-11-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys,
Some stunning cars here, i'm just wondering how the rear trunk blade/ chrome finisher is removed. I'm looking to platidip/paint this black to colour code it to the body. Any instructions most welcome.

Anyone blacked out the Jaguar Chrome detail by the louvre? Any pics of the mod around? Cant decide if the little contrast works and better left as is...

Thanks all

Old 07-12-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Similar concept to the Vortex wheels on the XKR 75, i.e. body-coloured wheel with silver highlights:

I like the 'flying blade' effect you've achieved - nice design, well executed.

Hi what wheel is this that you have pictured with the body colored body and silver accents? Its very nice! Looks similar to the jag draco wheel which I'm trying hard to get my hands on.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Those F-Type wheels were on one of the F-Types they had on display on a black F-Type (to many F-Types?). Unfortunately they had my black XKR next to it and there was no comparison. For me that is.....

Old 07-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Hi what wheel is this that you have pictured with the body colored body and silver accents? Its very nice!
It's the standard Vortex one-piece forged wheel for the 2010 XKR 75 Goodwood Limited Edition, which was only sold in Europe. I'm not sure if the wheel was specifically designed for the model, or whether it's an 'off the shelf' design from one of Jag's suppliers. The wheel is not quite body-coloured; it's a non-metallic dark grey rather than the Stratus Grey metallic of the car, but it matches pretty closely. Certainly doesn't show brake dust as much as silver wheels.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ngarara
It's the standard Vortex one-piece forged wheel for the 2010 XKR 75 Goodwood Limited Edition, which was only sold in Europe. I'm not sure if the wheel was specifically designed for the model, or whether it's an 'off the shelf' design from one of Jag's suppliers. The wheel is not quite body-coloured; it's a non-metallic dark grey rather than the Stratus Grey metallic of the car, but it matches pretty closely. Certainly doesn't show brake dust as much as silver wheels.
Thanks for the info!