XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

IDS-SDD Central (or car) configuration file

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2022, 02:14 PM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts
Default IDS-SDD Central (or car) configuration file

Attached is the Central Configuration File, engineering view, for a 2010 XK, naturally aspirated , USA spec XK.
Provided for information and reference.
Please note irregularaties:
Pages 9 and 10 show Side Object Detection Fitted (incomplete retrofit)
Page 11 shows Park Assist Camera (fitted and functional retrofit)

I am interested in the preservation and improvement/modernization of the XK/R for comfort and convenience.
To that end, I am studying IDS-SDD, control modules and CAN.
Collaborators welcome. PM.

Attached Files
Old 09-03-2022, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

You’ll find many vehicle options listed in the SDD CCF but that doesn’t mean they’re available or compatible with your particular model. However a rear back up camera was available for the X150 and can be modified to fit those not factory equipped. There’s full thread dedicated to this.

Old 09-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Received 226 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm no expert but from what I've read you have to be very careful in modifying the CCF. You point out irregularities and I agree there are many entries that are counter-intuitive e.g near the top of your posted CCF it shows Brake system - ABS as not fitted when you know it is. Don't worry my CCF says the same thing. So from what I've read, if you can get a CCF from a vehicle with the options you want, say from another forum member, you can compare CCF's to know what fields to modify, substantially lowering the risk of incorrect interpretation of various CCF fields and their values.

Old 09-05-2022, 04:44 PM
Default IDS-SDD-CCF deep dive

Thank you for the feed back. The purpose of my post was multi-fold:
1. actually show the bit location for the rear camera edit
2. show the side object detector bit locations and that they can be toggled on the XK
3. show progress on BSM/SOD XF to XK retrofit
4. provide an off-line copy of the CCF for casual study
5. invite anyone interested in joining an IDS-SDD/CCF deep dive effort.

I'm willing to share what I've learned with beginners and also very happy to learn.

Using IDS-SDD I have programmed the BSM SODL and SODR modules on a "bread board".
Unfortunately, the VIN was logged as zeros.
Most recently, I have "tinkered" with IDS-SDD such that it appears ready to program the modules with the VIN. (see attached photo)
Since associated CAN messages for XF and XK are the same, the modules should work on the XK.

So, why did not JLR simply add BSM to the XK in 2010? Probably because it is impossible to mount the modules as recommended by Valero without triggering additional National Highway Safety crash testing (my guess).

Again, I'm happy to share what I've learned and would also appreciate colaborators.

IDS-SDD module programming session showing SODL and SODR, awaiting testing.

Last edited by Bill400; 09-05-2022 at 06:17 PM. Reason: spel in
The following users liked this post:
kj07xk (09-06-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I'm not aware of any X150 EVER being fitted with BSM from the factory so I'd think the harnesses and modules fitted to the vehicle wouldn't be compatible. Unless you're aware of something I'm not. There are aftermarket systems but I'd think those would only be worth the effort and useful on larger vehicles, vans and trucks with actual blind spots to assist with maneuverability.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:54 PM

Agree.
BSM was never an XK option. Likely due to cost and/or requirement for government testing.
As a "senior member" of the forum, I need all the safety related help that I can get.
BSM on my Toyota mini-van is very useful. I want it on the XK due to limited visibility, especially with the convertible top up (that means its raining/ further reduced visibility).
My effort follows the trail blazed by TOXO for the BSM retrofit for the XF.
I understand that the XF had BSM as an option and the XK did not.
There are no provisions for BSM on the XK mechanically.
However, it appears that a very minor structural change below the tail light (inside the bumper) will work.
A custom wiring harness is required on each side (six - 22 ga wires, four in the "boot", two to the side mirror.).
IDS-SDD includes "qualifiers" that must be "tweaked" to accomplish CCF edits and some XF files edited/added to allow SOD module programming.
It is not simple. However, the result will be much superior to even the Valero after-market BSM.

PS: Also looking at a steering wheel upgrade / cross models.

Last edited by Bill400; 09-06-2022 at 07:43 AM. Reason: add info, spel check
The following 2 users liked this post by Bill400:
jahummer (09-05-2022), kj07xk (09-06-2022)