XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Inner door panel

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts
Default Inner door panel

Anyone ever have trouble getting the inner door panel "clipped" in place at the top?

I had an anoying rattle in the driver's door that was driving me nuts. I removed the inner panel and found one of the electrical connectors was loose enough that it rattled on the metal door. After applying some duct tape to hold it tight I reassembled the door panel. All went well with the exception of the top spring clips closest to the mirror. The last two clips refuse to stay engaged. All the force in the world would not ensure they remained seated.

I've ordered new clips in hopes that they are just fatiqued from being cycled and will see if that fixes the new issue.

I had the same panel off on my 07 to install ghost shadow lights but it reassembled fine with no troubles at all like today.

I was just wondering if anyone else had run into this issue in the past and, if so, what was their resolution?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

Ok, so no one else had encountered this problem. I was able to discover what my issue was in the inner panel's failure to lock top clips. I found an alignment stab that had broken off and was stuck to the panel at an interference point. Though the thickness of the broken part was only a couple of millimeters it provided enough to prevent the las two clips full expansion to lock in the engagement slots.

It just goes to show that every part on vehicles today are carefully engineered and attention to routing/interferences are critical.

The following 4 users liked this post by pwpacp:
CleverName (06-21-2017), jpk112 (08-17-2017), michaelodonnell123 (06-25-2017), u102768 (06-21-2017)