XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Interesting: Appears this is more of an XKR Forum - LOL

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 04:11 PM
Received 106 Likes on 54 Posts

If you are in for speed (brutal acceleration AND cornering), go for a 991 or even 992 Turbo (S).
Yet if, however, you are a gentleman and like to travel both fast and in style… then consider an XK(R).
For sure, there are now many faster cars around.

Old 03-30-2023, 04:21 PM
Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by One&Done
There seems to be two "Leftwich" here making similar posts. Barry and Liony. Not sure if you are the same person or related.

You are very proud of your car (and should be). Calling out XK owners for not have an "R" is immature. People buy / drive their cars for all types of reasons. Should we call you our for not having an "S"? I'm new to XK ownership. Absolutely love it. Thought about buying an "R" but, felt like many of the owners may have driven a bit too hard or tracked the car. Didn't want someone's trashed up toy. Plus 1 second faster 0 - 60 isn't really needed.

As far as how fast your car is. For a 2013 it's one of the fastest production cars. Not even close for current model year cars. Here are a few 2013 that are faster:
  • Audi RS5 - 3.9s
  • Audi S6 - 3.7s
  • Audi S8 - 3.5s
  • BMW M5 - 3.7s
  • BMW M6 - 3.9s
  • Camaro ZL1 - 4.0s
  • Corvette 427 - 3.9s
  • Viper GTS - 3.3s
  • SRT Viper - 3.5s
  • Mercedes C63 - 3.6s
  • Mercedes SL550 - 4.0s
  • Mercedes SL 65 - 3.7s
  • Mercedes SL63 - 3.5s
  • Nissan GTR - 2.9s
  • Porsche Panamera GTS - 4.0s
  • Tesla Model S - 3.9s
  • I excluded all super cars
Not trying to bust you huevos here. You have a great car. Be proud of it. Just don't be that guy...
I'm the same person and just like to use my older brother Barry's name as my main account cause he got killed back in 2000 and really became my inspiration for loving Jaguars.But let me burst your bubble very quick...did you know those cars suck after 0-60 time cause I noticed most don't have any top end just like i gapped the hell out of that BMW M series after 6 seconds when the 0 to 60 expired and he only was winning then cause i was trying to prevent the tires from spinning🤡I don't even think an XKR 0-60 times is accurate for whatever time they came up with cause my XKR spins tires like A LOT everytime you're at a complete stop and slightly hit the gas for all of those that know what i'm talking about that own 1.So imagine what kind of 0-60 time it could have if the tires were actually hooking...also a car is only dogged out if you driving it with dirt poor maintenance and do it yourself mods where the engine revs funny when you rev it like most hondas and old cars from the 90s that sound like it's having a hard time trying to bog down after you rev them.

U got all those cars named like that's special when this is what the old 4.2L XKR can do against them in this youtube video and the 5.0L XKR is much MUCH faster than the previous generation 4.2L XKR.Copy&paste that in your web browser:

https://youtu.be/7RPzPWpVn24

Also what car you know that can hang with a V12 Aston Martin and tie with 1 in a race? This what the 5.0L XKR can do and you can copy&paste this too:

https://youtu.be/RxTvoHqBF7M

You needed receipts to kill all that false clout about other cars ,so now you have them.This could all be a lie about something written down when this is actual footage of what an XKR can do in a race

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 03-30-2023 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:29 PM

Barry, my 991 TTS was listed with a top speed of 330 km/h, even though I never went beyond 300 even on an early Sunday morning on a German autobahn. While our XKRs are - still today - very fast cars with a lot of torque, there are definitely faster cars around, And on long and windy country roads (or even on track, if you like that): better do not attempt to compete with a modern Porsche. It would turn into an embarrassing experience…

The following users liked this post:
Wm. Lyon (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hans Amstein
Barry, my 991 TTS was listed with a top speed of 330 km/h, even though I never went beyond 300 even on an early Sunday morning on a German autobahn. While our XKRs are - still today - very fast cars with a lot of torque, there are definitely faster cars around, And on long and windy country roads (or even on track, if you like that): better do not attempt to compete with a modern Porsche. It would turn into an embarrassing experience…
Everytime i came across a porche,people are scared to race me with them.Idk why.Then they try to be funny where they weasel their way through traffic and get far ahead of me and take off where i'm too far back to show them who's boss if they won't afraid to line it up from a roll LoL

Old 03-30-2023, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Barry Leftwich
Everytime i came across a porche,people are scared to race me with them.Idk why.Then they try to be funny where they weasel their way through traffic and get far ahead of me and take off where i'm too far back to show them who's boss if they won't afraid to line it up from a roll LoL
I am not attempting to make you reconsider your view. I have simply reported my own experience. According to this, technology-wise Porsche is miles ahead of Jaguar. In terms of style, the opposite may hold. And (not only) for this reason, I am back here.

The following 2 users liked this post by Hans Amstein:
steve_k_xk (04-01-2023), Wm. Lyon (03-30-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hans Amstein
I am not attempting to make you reconsider your view. I have simply reported my own experience. According to this, technology-wise Porsche is miles ahead of Jaguar. In terms of style, the opposite may hold. And (not only) for this reason, I am back here.
When it comes to interior,that's no lie being my XKR seems like it's outdated with features that dates all the way back from 2007.But i seen what certain model porches can do and I know how well they're engineered to be very light.But people with anything less than a GT2 model seem like they're scared to line it up to prove what it can do against a Jag😎

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 03-30-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-30-2023, 08:30 PM
Received 126 Likes on 61 Posts
The following 3 users liked this post by Wm. Lyon:
arenaej (03-31-2023), Cee Jay (03-30-2023), One&Done (03-31-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 09:13 PM

Don't make me go get any more receipts about what an XKR can do cause i'll put an end to all the clout every car brand have once and for all LoL

Old 03-31-2023, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

*sigh*
That was short-lived...
Now I shall re-update my "Ignore" list. Again.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
Brewtech (03-31-2023), CA Jag (04-07-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 05:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I really don’t want to jump in here but…..

I’m going to say speed as observed here’s likely all in the hands of the drivers.

For empirical data, time slips tell quite a bit. A stock 5 litre XKR’s going to be a 12+ second car. A stock hellcat’s going to be in the 11’s. Most other performance cars in the class are also going to be in the 11s. A 2011 Porsche GT3 is also going to be faster in every way even without any “tech”.

Also look at the 60-120 times for the competition, should settle the debate.

Wm. Lyon (03-31-2023)
Old 03-31-2023, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by jahummer

I’m going to say speed as observed here’s likely all in the hands of the drivers.

For empirical data, time slips tell quite a bit. A stock 5 litre XKR’s going to be a 12+ second car. A stock hellcat’s going to be in the 11’s. Most other performance cars in the class are also going to be in the 11s. A 2011 Porsche GT3 is also going to be faster in every way even without any “tech”.

Are you sure?? I'm almost convinced that the 13 XKR is the fastest car EVER built!!🤔😉

Barry Leftwich (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Wm. Lyon
Are you sure?? I'm almost convinced that the 13 XKR is the fastest car EVER built!!🤔😉
I can prove it is💪i make guys sorry they ever bought hell cats everytime i raced 1.I swear to god😎I wish i had it on camera cause it will shatter so many dreams🤣I don't even think a hell cat can beat the gen 3 or the gen 4 SRT Vipers when a 4.2L Jag will leave them in it's dust like in that link i posted.Then i go on youtube and it's like those cars only got cool names and they lose to everything they race.I'm seriously not impressed and don't believe none of the hype they have after what I've seen

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 04-01-2023 at 04:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2023, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
*sigh*
That was short-lived...
Now I shall re-update my "Ignore" list. Again.
But it's an interesting topic lol

Old 04-01-2023, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jahummer

People that really know how to drive them, i wouldn't doubt they can get that kind of time out of them.But the way i seen people drive them,they can't make them live up to their name out here in these streets🤣

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 04-01-2023 at 08:43 AM.
jahummer (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

People that really know how to drive them, i wouldn't doubt they can get that kind of time out of them.But the way i seen people drive them,they can't make them live up to their name out here in these streets🤣
And that, I think, settles the debate. What you see on the streets is the limits of the drivers, not their cars and that, doesn’t mean they’re slower than the XKR.

Wm. Lyon (04-01-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 11:07 AM

I can prove it is💪i make guys sorry they ever bought hell cats everytime i raced 1.I swear to god😎I wish i had it on camera cause it will shatter so many dreams🤣I don't even think a hell cat can beat the gen 3 or the gen 4 SRT Vipers when a 4.2L Jag will leave them in it's dust like in that link i posted.Then i go on youtube and it's like those cars only got cool names and they lose to everything they race.I'm seriously not impressed and don't believe none of the hype they have after what I've seen
Are you SURE they knew they were racing...?😎

Old 04-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 626 Likes on 414 Posts

Street racing is not cool and usually done by inebriated fools with no respect for others. The fact that its still being discussed by gentlemen and an obvious tw*t is simply disappointing, and reckless. Take it to the track where the talentless and underpowered are truly exposed. Th OP is no longer participating either.

The following 2 users liked this post by Brewtech:
Cee Jay (04-01-2023), Hans Amstein (04-02-2023)
Old 04-01-2023, 01:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Do what I do and disengage.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
Brewtech (04-01-2023), Hans Amstein (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Wm. Lyon
Are you SURE they knew they were racing...?😎
I even let them got sort of a headstart when I slowed down and waited for them doing like 30mph on the highway so they can catch up while i put it in Sport mode and Dynamic mode cause that's all you need to give them the gapple sauce.When they caught up to me, they tried to get the jump on me when I heard them smack the gas to the floor so they can shoot passed me cause you know how the motor gets real loud when you flooring it.But that only lasted 3 or 4 seconds for them to enjoy a false victory in their Hellcat before my Jag left them about 6 car lengths behind where i made it to my exit within only just 8 seconds of racing them🫠

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 04-02-2023 at 03:05 AM.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Brewtech
Street racing is not cool and usually done by inebriated fools with no respect for others. The fact that its still being discussed by gentlemen and an obvious tw*t is simply disappointing, and reckless. Take it to the track where the talentless and underpowered are truly exposed. Th OP is no longer participating either.
I make sure absolutely NO traffic is no where in sight when ever I race people where it's only a straight stretch and if you don't see the safety in that,then idk what else to tell you for loving the BS laws they came up with about that sort of racing.With that said,it's always a safe race when ever i do it.If you gone have a car like that, no point in buying it if you can't show people what it's made of.Btw i have no track skills to feel like turning corners to flip my Jag or worst so no point in trying to bother when you also really have to learn those tracks before you call yourself driving on them and find yourself flying over a wall in a totalled car for not being able to stop in time at high speeds and learning those tracks takes quite a while so that don't happen and that's just time I don't got.All i'm trying to find out is what your car is made of up under the hood to prove who's the 1 driving the real beast in these streets💪

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 04-02-2023 at 02:58 AM.

Quick Reply: Interesting: Appears this is more of an XKR Forum - LOL