XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

iPod adapter for 2007 XK

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the 07-08 xk's have an auxiliary spot? I'm not too interested in controlling the ipod through the steering wheel but I'd like to be able to listen to music thru it.

Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 PM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Ipod Adapter for 2007 Jaguar XK

I have 2007 XK Convertible and I wanted to hook up an Ipod to it, yet I did not want to go the dealer route. Plus I was unhappy with the Power antenna and the wind noise it generated. Dice electronics makes a Universal RDS Ipod adapter that you wire into the fuse box located between the rear seats. I hooked it into the lead that runs from the rear antenna to the stereo head unit. By purchasing two european antenna adaptor cables from Crutchfield, I simply disconnected the power antenna from the lead to the stereo and using these adaptors hook the Dice lead in here. Since I was there, I did not reconnect the power antenna, instead I installed a marine antenna an ran it behind the back seats. I then pulled the fuse for the power antenna so it would not continue to go up and down. The DICE Ipod lead I ran under the transmission hump carpet into the armrest box. I set one of the preset radio buttons to the best station recommended by DICE and this set up works like a charm. Furthermore the DICE unit easily fits under the middle seat cushion in the back and the unit itself can be updated on line to accept the newer Ipods when they come out.

Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu72
I have 2007 XK Convertible and I wanted to hook up an Ipod to it, yet I did not want to go the dealer route. Plus I was unhappy with the Power antenna and the wind noise it generated. Dice electronics makes a Universal RDS Ipod adapter that you wire into the fuse box located between the rear seats. I hooked it into the lead that runs from the rear antenna to the stereo head unit. By purchasing two european antenna adaptor cables from Crutchfield, I simply disconnected the power antenna from the lead to the stereo and using these adaptors hook the Dice lead in here. Since I was there, I did not reconnect the power antenna, instead I installed a marine antenna an ran it behind the back seats. I then pulled the fuse for the power antenna so it would not continue to go up and down. The DICE Ipod lead I ran under the transmission hump carpet into the armrest box. I set one of the preset radio buttons to the best station recommended by DICE and this set up works like a charm. Furthermore the DICE unit easily fits under the middle seat cushion in the back and the unit itself can be updated on line to accept the newer Ipods when they come out.
Stu,

Any chance you can detail this out a little more? Perhaps some pictures and part #s? I'm most interested in the marine antenna you put in and have read the other threads on the subject, but haven't tried it yet. Yours looks like an alternative approach that seems easier for convertibles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CT

Old 08-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Marine wire antenna for 2007 XK Convertible

Hi CT,
I did this about 2 years ago, so I am going off memory. The replacement antenna I picked up from Best Buy. This also is a powered antenna that I wired into the rear seat fuse box. The directions with the antenna will provide direction on how it should be connected, ie with a continuous "on" circuit or one that is tied to the ignition on/off. Both the ipod and powered antenna instructions direct you to "splice" into one of these wires. I found that it is easier to find the appropriate fuse via the owners manual, strip the appropriate amount of wire(s) from the device/antenna you need to power so that you may slide that stripped portion of the wire in with one leg of the two leg fuse when you push the fuse back in. The running of the marine antenna required having the convertible top Half open with a prop to hold the roof hatch cover up so I could run the antenna wire along the back of the back seats. As far as pictures, I believe I found pictures on this forum on "how to replace 2007 XK power antenna". With those pictures, it gives a good idea on how to access the powered antenna. Once you explore your car in this manner, you will understand how you can run your leads. The sound from this antenna is solid with local stations. I use my ipod or cd's more often because I don't care for radio commercials. The marine antenna will likely have a "male" connector. The European antenna coupler from "crutchfield" will have a female connector with a "european connector end" to connect to the lead coming from the stereo unit that you have disconnected from the car's motorized antenna. At this point, any questions about the adaptors can be answered by the Crutchfield people. I did not keep the packaging for these adaptors, so I don't have code numbers to provide. Once you see how the original motorized car antenna is connected to the stereo lead, and how the replacement antenna is set up, you will know what european adapter to get from Crutchfield.

The following users liked this post:
ct6978 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Received 69 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ct6978
Stu,

Any chance you can detail this out a little more? Perhaps some pictures and part #s? I'm most interested in the marine antenna you put in and have read the other threads on the subject, but haven't tried it yet. Yours looks like an alternative approach that seems easier for convertibles.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

CT
See my post from last winter" iPod connectivity for $120.00 and 2 hrs labor!" . Sorry I don't know how to copy a link for you. I have been pleased and have no "bleed over" in Denver.

ct6978 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

I'll second the recommendation of DENVERDDS post above this one. I took his advice and bought a ISIMPLE and installed it and it works flawless imho. No bleed etc.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-labor-88619/

Only thing I did different is ........to power it I just connected the ISIMPLE power wire directly to the batterys positive post using a inline fuse. Put a lug on the wire and used the present bolt on the positive battery terminal to attach it to.. easy peasy.

Last edited by Hailers; 08-21-2013 at 11:10 AM.
ct6978 (08-21-2013)
Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stu72
Hi CT,
I did this about 2 years ago, so I am going off memory. The replacement antenna I picked up from Best Buy. This also is a powered antenna that I wired into the rear seat fuse box. The directions with the antenna will provide direction on how it should be connected, ie with a continuous "on" circuit or one that is tied to the ignition on/off. Both the ipod and powered antenna instructions direct you to "splice" into one of these wires. I found that it is easier to find the appropriate fuse via the owners manual, strip the appropriate amount of wire(s) from the device/antenna you need to power so that you may slide that stripped portion of the wire in with one leg of the two leg fuse when you push the fuse back in. The running of the marine antenna required having the convertible top Half open with a prop to hold the roof hatch cover up so I could run the antenna wire along the back of the back seats. As far as pictures, I believe I found pictures on this forum on "how to replace 2007 XK power antenna". With those pictures, it gives a good idea on how to access the powered antenna. Once you explore your car in this manner, you will understand how you can run your leads. The sound from this antenna is solid with local stations. I use my ipod or cd's more often because I don't care for radio commercials. The marine antenna will likely have a "male" connector. The European antenna coupler from "crutchfield" will have a female connector with a "european connector end" to connect to the lead coming from the stereo unit that you have disconnected from the car's motorized antenna. At this point, any questions about the adaptors can be answered by the Crutchfield people. I did not keep the packaging for these adaptors, so I don't have code numbers to provide. Once you see how the original motorized car antenna is connected to the stereo lead, and how the replacement antenna is set up, you will know what european adapter to get from Crutchfield.
Thank you, that helps.

Old 11-04-2016, 04:26 AM
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by nalleyjagparts
Hey guys. We keep the Audio Connectivity Module (ACM) in stock here at Nalley. List price is $278.00 for the XK ACM. Call or email me (link in the signature) for details. Thanks.
Do you have any experience troubleshooting this device? My wife's 2007 XK had this installed when we bought it four years ago, and we've been living with an annoying engine whine noise when the ipod isn't playing or is playing low. I can't imagine this is 'normal', so I expect something went wrong with the initial installation. Can you help?

Thx,
Doug

Old 11-08-2016, 07:39 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DGorvetzian
Do you have any experience troubleshooting this device? My wife's 2007 XK had this installed when we bought it four years ago, and we've been living with an annoying engine whine noise when the ipod isn't playing or is playing low. I can't imagine this is 'normal', so I expect something went wrong with the initial installation. Can you help?

Thx,
Doug
Must be a faulty installation or wire.. I had it added to my 07 XK and never had any issues with it... except for.. the plug that goes into the main device behind the glove compartment.. in my case it was the left channel input that sometimes needs a push or something.. seems the connectors are not that good.. so perhaps take a look at the wires (in your case the ground cable) and see that it is actually making full contact..