XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

ipod cable to new iphone

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod cable to new iphone

I have a Jaguar XK 2010 with an iPod port and USB port for USB sticks but not a port called Aux. I'm not sure which cable I should get:

https://goo.gl/otKJg7 Jaguar XK + Aux to lightning
https://goo.gl/ex2rKj Jaguar XF to lightning if it works on XK as well

Any ideas or better suggestions?

Thank you!

Old 07-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Received 214 Likes on 149 Posts

The XF to lightning cable that you have listed above might work as the connectors look correct. Not sure about the other one. The problem I see with it is the lightning connector they are using will interfere with most cases for the iphone.

I bought an Apple P/N MD824AM/A cable from ebay for about $20. It plugs into a Jaguar P/N 9X23-19H461-AA cable that plugs into the iPod port in the car. This Jaguar cable came with your car originally.

I set up the car and iphone to work together, which is kind of a PITA. I have used them together about once. I put all my music on a USB stick and don't have to mess around with the cable and iphone. The ipad port will not power or charge your iphone which is a problem on long trips.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

I don't have input on the cables you linked, but I do know that non-genuine parts sometimes do not work properly.

My car had the Jaguar provided cable which terminates in the old Apple 30pin connector. I bought a Ebay 30pin to Lightning connector which worked on every device EXCEPT the Jaguar cable. I bought the genuine Apple 30 to Lightning adapter and voila, worked like a charm. I have switched to the Tune2Air WMA1000 which is a bluetooth connector that attaches to the Jaguar cable, it retains screen control of the Apple phone wirelessly and introduces Bluetooth audio streaming.

You could give the Ebay cable a shot certainly but know that it may or may not work. I would get the genuine cable and WMA1000 and be done with it...