XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Its been a long journey...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 11:37 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I'm sure you mean Pilot SUPER Sports, but that's OK.
MY Pilot Super Sports had terrible traction (relatively, and one of them began throwing large chunks of broken-off tread before they hit 3,000 miles. I called Michelin to see wassup, and they paid me back for them.
I went to Discount Tires and the Store Manager told me he has seen a LOT of problems on all models of Michelins and "sort of" dissuades people from buying them if they ask his opinion. He and several other people at that particular store get the Hankook EVO2 tires and they all LOVE them so that's what he suggested to me. I bought a whole set and they are MUCH better than the beater MPSS tires I had.
Maybe I got lemons, but lemons on an XKR can kill people. Never again.
First thing my local tyre shop said to me when I went for new boots was, "You don't want Michelins, do you?", and then the guy sort of cringed. Apparently the sporty Michelins cannot take the dry heat and turn into crumbling hockey pucks in short order.

Last edited by agentorange; 02-10-2016 at 11:46 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (02-11-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 167 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I put a TRUTHFUL review of them on the Michelin site, but they refused to publish it... I think maybe that's why they are rated as high as they are, some bad reviews are not included.
This is the same with Yelp reviews also. They hold the bad reviews for ransom until the business owners pay up. Many of my 'truthful' Yelp reviews were met with a stern e-mail from 'Yelp HQ' and promptly removed.
There was an NPR expose' about their practice. From then on, I take all Yelp reviews with a large grain of salt.

Hope your car is running okay now. Anyone like Yokohama tires? They're very smooth and quiet on my XJ8L, not sure about the XK...

Last edited by Wolfy; 02-12-2016 at 03:43 PM.