XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Its Tune, Dyno and Quarter Mile Friday

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

Glad you are enjoying the tune! Now you can see what I've been talking about.

The AFR's are safe and very stock like. Eurocharged knows what they are doing. They also just opened a new and much larger shop here in Houston and have recently teamed up with Underground Racing.

Take a look, Lambo's everywhere.

https://www.facebook.com/eurochargedperformance

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Matt,

They are awesome! Hats off to Jerry and the guys at RageTek! Its says a lot that our numbers are so close, I'm sure the BMCs made a difference of about 5HP or so.

What was the weather when you did your dyno runs? What was your final TQ figure? I saw one at I think 550 which is where we are a bit off.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 AM

I'm not sure of the humidity, but it was 73.1 degrees according to the dyno screen in one of the pictures I took.

My pre-tune TQ number was a bit higher than I thought it would be, as well. Maybe the XKR-S is a little underrated on torque and the upgraded torque converter and TCU programming helps it put out better numbers as seen on the dyno.

Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

It may be the TCU as we are right on with HP but off on TQ. Interesting probably worth a call to Jerry to see why the big difference.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
Veteran Member

This is what Jerry just mentioned.

"It must have been the dyno. Remember, all dyno’s MEASURE HP but calculate Torque. One of them must have had a different setting, etc."

Either way I'm happy as can be! Eurocharged all the way! The best part is Jerry writes the tunes live no BS about calling the tuner etc. He does it while you're their and takes his time. I left the dyno at 8PM after arriving at 1:30. There is a reason hes in a bigger shop and super busy!

Old 03-17-2014, 11:09 AM

Yeah, the car is an absolute monster. Drove mine in to work this morning and I am always amazed when I have room to open her up a bit. Almost takes your breath away. Love it!

I'll have to check out their new shop sometime. Looks awesome...

Old 03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

I have to agree and is why I HAD to hit the track... Its nice to be out there in "luxury" car blowing the doors off of modified performance cars.. I actually left my seat coolers on by mistake the first session LOL

I can't believe how hard it pulls and its very linear and smooth. With the super flat TQ curve you can short shift it and it doesn't even slow down. I'm highly impressed! Even here we are on Monday post sale and Jerry as responded to all my questions. I can't even get the "other guy" to return my calls about the lack of a tune I paid 1200 for.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member

I just got off the phone with Brembo and even though they do not offer an XKR kit, they are going to see if they can come up with a custom kit. I rather spend the money on Brembos than 2k on factory rotors.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Yeah, the car is an absolute monster. Drove mine in to work this morning and I am always amazed when I have room to open her up a bit. Almost takes your breath away. Love it!

I'll have to check out their new shop sometime. Looks awesome...
So you know of anyone who sells the BMCs in the states as I'd like to have them this week if possible.

Thank you!
Max

Old 03-17-2014, 12:15 PM

I purchased mine from here and they came in quickly...

JAGUAR | Products Results | BMC AIR FILTERS

Good quality, haven't had any issues or lights and I've had them for many months.

MaximA (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,375 Likes on 1,488 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
Eurocharged all the way! The best part is Jerry writes the tunes live no BS about calling the tuner etc. He does it while you're their and takes his time. I left the dyno at 8PM after arriving at 1:30. There is a reason hes in a bigger shop and super busy!
Did he fly to you or did he do this over the phone? When I called them, they told me they send me a $100 tool that I use to download the factory tune, I email it to them and in a few hours they email the file back to me.

How is this different from what you did?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM
Veteran Member

He told me for the best results that I should go to RageTek in Davie, FL as hes worked with them for years. They have quite a few 700+ HP Neons in the shop so they know what they are doing..

He sent all the tools over to Nemo at RageTek to connect to his Laptop. Once connected Jerry took over the laptop, read the initial tune, downloaded a new tune and Nemo do 3 pulls. He then looked at the dyno results including AFR made some tweaks and installed another tune. This went on for about 12 or so total pulls, until Jerry was happy with the AFR and total numbers. We went from on the first tune to 530 on the final runs.

I suggest you go to a shop with dyno that Jerry is familiar with for best results. There is a big difference between the standard tune then reading the results and tweaking.

jahummer (03-17-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jahummer
Did he fly to you or did he do this over the phone? When I called them, they told me they send me a $100 tool that I use to download the factory tune, I email it to them and in a few hours they email the file back to me.

How is this different from what you did?
Where are you in Florida? I'd suggest taking a trip down to RageTek for the tune.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member

He told me for the best results that I should go to RageTek in Davie, FL as hes worked with them for years. They have quite a few 700+ HP Neons in the shop so they know what they are doing..

He sent all the tools over to Nemo at RageTek to connect to his Laptop. Once connected Jerry took over the laptop, read the initial tune, downloaded a new tune and Nemo do 3 pulls. He then looked at the dyno results including AFR made some tweaks and installed another tune. This went on for about 12 or so total pulls, until Jerry was happy with the AFR and total numbers. We went from on the first tune to 530 on the final runs.

I suggest you go to a shop with dyno that Jerry is familiar with for best results. There is a big difference between the standard tune then reading the results and tweaking.

Unfortunately there are none around here. How much did you pay? If you would rather PM me thats fine. Thank you!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Where are you in Florida? I'd suggest taking a trip down to RageTek for the tune.
Tampa area. I used to go down to Lauderdale & Miami quite frequently, maybe it is time to do it again!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

I would suggest it if you want maximum results, I was extremely impressed by Jerry and Nemo at RageTek. They know where stuff and it wasn't me of those shops where you feel like something is off or they are hiding something.

Just contact Jerry and he can get everything set up with RageTek. If you come down on a Friday let me know and I'll swing by during the tuning.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately there are none around here. How much did you pay? If you would rather PM me thats fine. Thank you!
I sent you a PM and my contact info is in their as well.

Max

jahummer (03-17-2014)
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

I seem to recall reading somewhere that other items can be modified as part of the tune, steering power assist ratio & TCM shift points as well as speed limiter removal. Did Jerry do any of that on yours?

DGL (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Matt,

They are awesome! Hats off to Jerry and the guys at RageTek! Its says a lot that our numbers are so close, I'm sure the BMCs made a difference of about 5HP or so.

What was the weather when you did your dyno runs? What was your final TQ figure? I saw one at I think 550 which is where we are a bit off.

Sorry for my lack of tuning expertise, but what is BMCs? Found it. OK, filters.

Last edited by DGL; 03-19-2014 at 04:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member

I seem to recall reading somewhere that other items can be modified as part of the tune, steering power assist ratio & TCM shift points as well as speed limiter removal. Did Jerry do any of that on yours?
Speed Limiter was removed and I believe TCM as well but I can't verify that I'll have to ask.

Now power steering ratio I would love to change but I'm not sure if thats tunable as I do not know if this is a fully mechanical or drive by wire system. I'm still learning the jags

Quick Reply: Its Tune, Dyno and Quarter Mile Friday