XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Jag "look-a-like"

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Didn't you mean fugly?
Sure! I haven't seen one thing they've done that I would want done to my car even if they'd do it for free.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Mansory really know how make any car look ugly.
Not to the young and uncultured.

Who now dictate the trend.

If we think of a world where a fine English sweater, or a good Scottish tartan, or an Irish brogue were symbols of sensible and real quality, without being loud or bombastic; and the trend for opulence was set by maturity not adolescence. The XK would be one of the finest examples of beauty that was refined and understated. Right down to the exhaust note.

I do live in that world, and feel so very fortunate that my cup runneth over. And feel for those who can never find an exhaust loud enough- because they are continually getting acclimated.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by Tervuren
The Jaguar is hurt badly by a pretty crappy interface design. The screen between the giant pieces of plastic just isn't something to evoke long term love. Then there is the delay in the center console interface, and a lack of being able to turn climate control off quickly, etc...

The physical interface for human contact with the XK/XKR is simply lacking compared to past or present alternatives.

There is one other factor, size. For a lot of the world, the XK/XKR is simply too big. There is increased driver enjoyment when you aren't constantly trying to not have a collision in tight spaces with a big car. A large 2+2 is mainly going to appeal to those with a height to match, a smaller percentage of the world.
As luck (or my own car tastes) would have it.... my XKR is the ONLY car I've ever owned with a touch screen of any kind. Since I've got no basis for comparison, I'm fine with it. (Having read reviews and feedback, I may be completely alone in that.)

And yeah, it's big. It's a tribute to it's lines that it's not immediately clear how big it is. I figured it was a straight size-swap from my SL500... until my first adventures in a parking garage.
Funny thing, I've grown to like the size. The SL feels small to me now.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 734 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by pk4144
As luck (or my own car tastes) would have it.... my XKR is the ONLY car I've ever owned with a touch screen of any kind. Since I've got no basis for comparison, I'm fine with it. (Having read reviews and feedback, I may be completely alone in that.)
You are not alone... My first touch screen also... don't use it much, could care less if it was there or not. I don't live in a city of 10 million plus so no need for navigation assistance. Everybody complaining how slow the interface is with the Jaguar product line and I would not even notice/care if they deleted it from the line up. "I may be completely alone in that" but I prefer to drive than touch my screen.

The following users liked this post:
indyx358 (05-01-2024)
Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 895 Posts

Ugly.?? Surely not in my opinion

Attached Thumbnails Jag "look-a-like"-img_20170730_133731_burst001_cover.jpg   Jag "look-a-like"-img_20170730_133711.jpg  
Old 08-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by steve_k_xk
Ugly.?? Surely not in my opinion
Agreed and loving that color in an Aston as well ;-)

Old 08-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 of 19
You are not alone... My first touch screen also... don't use it much, could care less if it was there or not. I don't live in a city of 10 million plus so no need for navigation assistance. Everybody complaining how slow the interface is with the Jaguar product line and I would not even notice/care if they deleted it from the line up. "I may be completely alone in that" but I prefer to drive than touch my screen.
You sure don't. I just did a 9 day motorcycle ride from MN, thru your area and up the the MI upper peninsula and back. Stayed in Chippewa Falls and on the way back, rode thru Eau Claire. Beautiful area. I gots to get the hell out of the Dallas metroplex....

I think you have all of the Jags in that area. In 9 days, 1800 miles, I saw only one Jag, an X350 XJ. And I was looking!

Old 08-25-2017, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by shemp
I gots to get the hell out of the Dallas metroplex....
Your prayers are soon going to be answered, and he will send Africanized mosquitoes with enough stagnant water for them to breed.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 734 Likes on 470 Posts

You sure don't. I just did a 9 day motorcycle ride from MN, thru your area and up the the MI upper peninsula and back. Stayed in Chippewa Falls and on the way back, rode thru Eau Claire. Beautiful area. I gots to get the hell out of the Dallas metroplex....

I think you have all of the Jags in that area. In 9 days, 1800 miles, I saw only one Jag, an X350 XJ. And I was looking!
There are not many jags around here. That's why I settled into Jaguar as I hate seeing what I'm driving. I have in 15 years or so only seen 3 xk's around town and each of them only once. The only XJ's are the ones I sold and one other. Seen a new XE couple weeks ago. There are however a boatload of X types around. Yep we are in the middle of God's country up here.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:12 PM
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Too big? I think not. What drove me to the Jag were my many years of driving another "big coupe" the venerable 635CSI, which is known by all who have the had the pleasure of possession as the big coupe. If not the 'R then what? There is nothing in its range that is comparable in looks or stature. SLs have become pedestrian by their obsequiousness, and the Gran Tourisimo has not aged as well as once thought or hoped. AM is the only real alternative, but at a staggering premium. Our only hope is that the F-type someday grows into a fully matured adult or that Jaguar gives birth to the next generation GT. Not that I am in any rush to relax my grip on this big cat, someday but not yet. Not yet.

Cee Jay (08-28-2017)
Old 08-28-2017, 11:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,548 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by buddhaboy
Too big? I think not. What drove me to the Jag were my many years of driving another "big coupe" the venerable 635CSI, which is known by all who have the had the pleasure of possession as the big coupe. If not the 'R then what? There is nothing in its range that is comparable in looks or stature. SLs have become pedestrian by their obsequiousness, and the Gran Tourisimo has not aged as well as once thought or hoped. AM is the only real alternative, but at a staggering premium. Our only hope is that the F-type someday grows into a fully matured adult or that Jaguar gives birth to the next generation GT. Not that I am in any rush to relax my grip on this big cat, someday but not yet. Not yet.
+1
Couldn't have said it better

Old 08-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by buddhaboy
Vantage or XK for me... GranTurismo is just not that exciting to drive. As cool as it sounds from the outside, you don't hear it from the inside. Interior materials are kind of cheap. The F-Type just doesn't get any emotion out of me. I recently bought an '11 Vantage V8 manual and it's a hoot. Raw, rev's like crazy, great turn-in, good visibility, but has its quirks for sure. The materials in the Aston are just really nice and special.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

... I recently bought an '11 Vantage V8 manual and it's a hoot. Raw, rev's like crazy, great turn-in, good visibility, but has its quirks for sure. The materials in the Aston are just really nice and special.

Old 08-29-2017, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

I recently bought an '11 Vantage V8 manual
Big congrats, you are back in top style.
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us.
Anything that enhances this is truly priceless in the scheme of things.

Did you get rid of the salon?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Big congrats, you are back in top style.
This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us.
Anything that enhances this is truly priceless in the scheme of things.

Did you get rid of the salon?
Our XE has now Elys' default ride. Her Volvo S60 is over the lease mileage (which expires in Feb), so she'll be driving the XE until that lease ends in 2 years.

Need to find a picture hosting site, but this is all I have for now:

Attached Thumbnails Jag "look-a-like"-img_1829.jpg   Jag "look-a-like"-20170803_085731.jpg  
Old 08-29-2017, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

The absolute last remaining driver's car that is an 'Allrounder'
Proper sports, proper looks and supremely elegant, as the result of being able to wear the many hats.

Something Germans have never understood, they believe in things being regimented and any deviation is a *******ization.

In cricket, you have good bowlers, batsman, fielders, wicket-keepers, and once in a blue moon, and all-rounder. This car is that in this color combination.

mosesbotbol (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

As you are absorbing this magnificent piece of couture and heritage, I would like to remind you in an effort to further heighten the appreciation: Never buy Style from a culture that has never made a contribution to sports, music or humor.

The following 2 users liked this post by Queen and Country:
buddhaboy (08-29-2017), mosesbotbol (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 571 Likes on 386 Posts

Need to find a picture hosting site, but this is all I have for now:
Congats on the Vantage!!!!

Use this site. Free, easy, account is not necessary if you don't want to keep/manage your pics.

https://postimages.org/

Old 08-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Congats on the Vantage!!!!

Use this site. Free, easy, account is not necessary if you don't want to keep/manage your pics.

https://postimages.org/
Great tip thanks! First picture hosted:

The following 5 users liked this post by mosesbotbol:
kj07xk (08-29-2017), Queen and Country (08-29-2017), ralphwg (08-29-2017), shemp (08-29-2017), Stuart S (08-30-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Beautiful color combo on a beautiful car!

The following 2 users liked this post by tberg:
mosesbotbol (08-29-2017), Queen and Country (08-29-2017)