XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Jaguar & Land Rover dubbed worst new car in USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by SinF
They give out plenty of good reviews and recommendations. Your claim that they make money by unfairly thrashing products makes no sense, as CR subscribers are looking at their reviews for two reasons - to avoid really awful stuff, to find above-average stuff.

While CR isn't infallible, your claims of bias and corruption remain unsubstantiated. In my mind, CR giving your product bad score is likely due to your competitors having a better product. This doesn't mean that what you have is bad, it just isn't as good as the alternative.
You have to show a good movie or football game to sell advertising.

But the true nature of the beast can be gauged by looking at the equation in reverse. Have they caught even 50% (half) of the recalls? They should have a caught 90% based on the proficiency they proclaim.

I am shocked and hurt that 1. you would think that I would let a personal need influence judgement (that's whats wrong with the world- everyone only wants what's good for them) 2. that you of all people would not see that we cant even take the holiest people, put them with other holy folks, remove them from the demands of society and economics, in the house of god, and there is still rampant corruption. And at CR where they have the power to ruin lives (a power the priests do not have) and the power to enrich themselves forcefully, there would be no malfeasance.

I'll give you a good example that I know. Bose, a brilliant scientist and a pioneer in acoustics, his product was trashed by CR as being totally wrong. By some moron who had no background in acoustics.
Fortunately this was one of the tests that the public could do themselves by simply hearing it in the shops, and the public proved CR wrong millions of times over and history was made the right way.
Imagine what would have happened if the public had no easy way of verifying CR wrong, an amazing product would have died on the vine.

Now one might ask what about libel laws that protect this very thing. You would not believe that CR has structured itself in such a unique way that it cannot be held accountable- even for being wrong. Even supreme court judges do not enjoy such immunity.