XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Jaguar luggage ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Received 421 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Routemaster
I can confirm that Colin has done an excellent job for our car, too - we picked up our luggage set last week (though he offered to deliver) and are about test it on a trip to from the UK to Italy.

Colins' enthusiasm and expertise in producing bespoke luggage is second to none. It was a pleasure to spend time at the factory and witness his team at work first-hand. His eye for detail, coupled with immense experience and genuine enthusiasm mean he is able to interpret client requirements whilst making constructive suggestions to further enhance the end result.

His delivery was on schedule and the set was extremely reasonably priced.

In addition to the 7-piece set described by Geoff C above, Colin made us a 'boot tidy' which is secured in the slightly larger space inside the left side of the boot/trunk and he also made us a suit carrier which fits on top of the main boot bags provided they are not over-stuffed.

It was a pleasure to work with Colin and as you will see from the attached images (which are his copyright) the result is exceptional.

Luggage set ready for collection!

Shoe bags, showing how they fit - also, boot tidy attached by hook-and-loop fastener to trim

Large boot/trunk bags stowed....

Rear seat bags in position - cool bag to centre.
Today I broke yet another commandment: coveting, in this case. Those look really, really sharp. Well done.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

when you seize to covet, you seize to matter, unless it's the neighbor's wife, then you may seize to be.

it's alright to covet luggage, you can have it.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

No room for souvenirs with that luggage

Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Plenty of room ! .... on top of the bags on the back seats (even with a wind deflector). Colin will also make the cool box into a camera case, if you want - he's a very obliging chap !!

Old 06-30-2017, 02:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Geoff C is right - there's room on top of the bags on the rear seat, (as he says, even with the deflector in position), in the boot tidy and also around the shoe bags.

The idea is that the hood can be operated with the luggage in place. I'm quite sure that if one needed additional stowage and was prepared to keep the hood up for transit journeys, e.g. to your holiday destination, then Colin would be able to make a bag (or bags) to supplement the shoe bags with the hood separator in the forward position.

In terms of choice - Colin offers a range of quality vinyls with alternative surface finishes and backings in a wide range of colours. The piping can also be provided in a wide range of colours and stitching colour can also be chosen, either to match or contrast.

In our case my original idea was to choose a dark blue to go with the Indigo paintwork with ivory piping to complement the seats. In the end my wife and I chose the grey to closely match the Slate grey interior trim, whilst the piping is ivory to match the seats.

Colin can also manufacture in leather, though he explained that this is considerably more expensive (there can be significant wastage) and it's less hard-wearing.

As you can no doubt tell - we are impressed!

Last edited by Routemaster; 06-30-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: addendum
Old 06-30-2017, 05:26 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd love those in black without any logos if possible. I barely can stand wearing a Nike hat without getting paid.

The following users liked this post:
drbbop (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 06:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostRider9000
I'd love those in black without any logos if possible. I barely can stand wearing a Nike hat without getting paid.
Just the opposite here. Got Jaguar hat , got Lexus hat , got Ferrari hat , got Chevy silverado hat , got a cobra golf hat and then there are golf shirts and key chains and so on. Oh got NRA hat too.

Old 06-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...-gallery_6.jpg

My wife bought me this mod to start the car remotely. So fun!

Last edited by GhostRider9000; 06-30-2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

I have a lot of automobilia, but mostly F1 stuff. Nothing of Jaguar at the moment. I use to have a couple of Jaguar Racing t shirts and a poster from when they were in F1. I worked at AT&T at the time and they were a sponsor.

Plenty of hats from F1 including a signed Alonso hat from his Renault Days (with Mild Seven tobacco advertising to boot).

Old 07-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Believe it or not, Jaguar perfume is very good and well acclaimed.
The only issue is that they have 50 or so varieties.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,210 Likes on 916 Posts

Luggage looks great and looks like it has lots of capacity too.