Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
DGL my VIN is:

SAJWA4HA4DMB49722

The service record is not showing an oil service is outstanding under your warranty record. The dealer may have put an oil service through your warranty before delivering the car to you; however, when you bought your car it was conveyed to you with the understanding of a 4 year warranty which included 4 years of oil changes at the end of each year your car was in service (or at the mileage limit which doesn't apply). They owe you an oil change.

It appears that your brake fluid has not been changed after 3 years of being in service and is owned to you under your warranty. Get your dealer to change your brake fluid under your warranty and at the same time bring up the oil change issue. Tell them any oil changes put through your warranty by the dealer at there choice which was not required should be on them and not charged to your warranty plan. Good luck, Loth.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Platinum Warranty.-untitled.jpg  
Old 12-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

Hey DGL! Thanks for taking the time to look things up for me. That is very strange.. because I had the dealership do the brake line flush 3rd year as scheduled and got the receipt saying they did it!?. Well I know it was done so not sure how it did not get reported. All is well... Jaguar called me today and said the following for everyone knowledge:

1- my 12 XKR had 4 oil changes....per the warranty
2- my 13 XKRS had only 3 oil changes... per the warranty (whch I do not agree with....its the same platinum warranty...4 years complete maintenance!).

They understand my frustration as my 12 XKR got the oil change covered in its 4th year but the XKRS does not. They are sending me a gift card to cover it in about 2 months. The dealership wants paid now so I went and paid them... basically im getting the NEXT oil change free due to my inconvenience and frustration and for being a loyal jaguar supporter (I got 2 XK's and bought the XKR-S new). So all in all im getting that oil change - it will be the 5th year not the 4th lol

The following 2 users liked this post by Lothar52:
DGL (12-02-2016), Norri (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Very nice outcome, giving you a free oil change in the future via a gift card is an easy solution for them. What does an oil change actually cost the dealer, $75 when taking in account shop load and materials? Giving a loyal customer compensation who buys multiple new cars from the dealer seems to be a good business sense.

You who buy new they should value...me, who buys used, well I don't have the same expectation that a dealer should take care of me for no charge.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 917 Posts

the last 5 digits of my S/N are 49488. 234 cars older than yours and it DOES have the Platinum Warranty.