XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

jaguar xk 2007, convertible top issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 06:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default jaguar xk 2007, convertible top issues

Hi there,

I am having some major issues regarding my convertible top, all steps are taking very long to execute.

When I open up the top I can hear the locks are releasing, then sometimes it will rise a bit sometimes not, then I have to rise the top an inch by hand and only then it goes further. if I donīt do that, it will stuck in that position.

I did the reset procedures, opening the valve of the compressor, pulling the release lever of the boot cover, disconnecting the battery for 3 sec. (cause the hydraulic relais on top of the compressor are blocking. then Iīm stowing away the top by hand and dropping the boot cover. then i close the valve of the compressor, returning to the driver seat and closing the top.

now the boot cover opens, then it takes approx. 20 sec. before the top will come out, when the top is closed and locked, it will take another 20 sec. before the rear windows will close. during this period I can hear the compressor working.
The fluid level of the compressor are on max. No leaks nothing.
I was looking for some micro sensors or a switches but didnīt found anything. I didnīt changed anything no screw has been touched.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thank you

Frank

Old 05-28-2017, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

There is a member of this forum "White XKR" who's name is Steve Klonsky. He also operates theJagwrangler.com website where he sells his remote XK/XKR top controller. He is an extremely nice, knowledgeable and helpful person. Suggest you get in touch with him or wait until he comes across this thread. He should be able to help you out. his website is listed above.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Ralph,

thanks for the advice, the funny thing... I have emailed him 20 minutes before I have posted here :-). He is selling this great gadget for the xk, I obviously will order one, after I have fixed the issue with my top. I will keep you updated.

Thanks again
Frank

Last edited by neo4star; 05-28-2017 at 07:30 PM.