XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Joining the club

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
I think black trim looks great on white cars. White has little contrast and the black helps give it some. But I agree the tan top looks weird with black trim.

Since you say you are getting a new top, the timing is perfect, I'd recommend going to black instead of tan. Black is sportier. Look at the pic in the post above.

As far as streaming, I assume you have the factory iPod dock, all you need a. Tune to air Bluetooth adapter for Apple (since that is what Jaguar uses) and you'll be able to stream from your android.
She is staying with a tan top. Dealer had ordered it before I completed the sale. Just waiting on installation at this point. I do like the black top and would have likely made the switch.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:48 AM

Just got her this morning. Didn't have a chance to do much beyond a quick once-over since I needed to head to the office to run a meeting.

Quick question, what is the J056 modification? There is a sticker under the bonnet saying it was just recently completed (and the dealer didn't note this was getting done by a Jag dealer though I had the car on deposit already)...

I will also post a few pictures tonight.

Not super happy with the initial once over, inspector missed curb rash on a bubbling dash, two curbed wheels and flaking driver side buttons.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Default First Day Shakedown

Lots of good and bad and in between. Have a couple of questions I could use some help on. I will start with pictures first though. Going to get a better picture of the pair when its light out. Today's drive may have seen me get carried away, I was enjoying myself so much.

The pair at the end of the day

Home for the night

The good:
-Runs smooth
-Interior and body overall look very good
-Bluetooth seems to work well
-Tires look to be in good shape, like the dunlops and 19's much better than I liked the 20's I had seen on the test drive
-Really just like the car as a hole
-Brand new top and breaks; top replacement looks very good
-For those of you that weighed in earlier, not going to be doing any blacking out now that I have seen her in person, except for maybe the piece between the exhaust tips.

The bad:
-Inspection said there was no pulling on the dash, this is not the case. It is notable. I am going to follow up with the dealer on this, because this was discussed with him as well
-There is one gash on the front bumper. This may have been a shipping issue.
-The drivers seat switches are flaking heavily and need replacement. This was hidden from the 100 pictures in the listing
-The cooled drivers seat is not operating (high of 94 today, this was part of the reason getting a '10). This was specifically checked on the inspection.
-During 2 of the times I started her up, the adaptive headlights threw the warning. Of course, when I go back down to try and get a picture of the warning, no warning light. I think I have read that locking the doors and walking away can help reset it (I will read up on this next time I get a chance).
-Found out the glove box damper needs replacing
-Front wheels have been curbed. Not on inspection
-None of these issues were picked up by the inspector. I was concerned his report for the car was too good. Seems that my concern there was true. I will be filing a complaint.

Tomorrow I get the CTEK and will have it installed.

My largest concern and wanted to get some feedback on.

There is a high pitched whine or squeal when moving. Does not occur on breaking. It is intermittent and can occur when accelerating. It is not specific to a gear, I switched to manual mode and alternated gears. I checked the wheels and could not find any that were particularly hot. My initial thought is it is the new break pads bedding in, but you all know better. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Was hoping to take her on a 4 day road trip this weekend.

Another question, on the dash pullup, is it normal for the leather to be up between the center and the cluster gauge? Trying to figure out how bad off I am. See below:

Leather pulling on dash

Old 06-15-2016, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

That is not normal, unfortunately You need a new dash. The headlights may have a module issue. You can see if they are working at night by driving slowly (they don't work while stationary) and turning the steering from side to side, you will see the headlights following the direction of the wheel.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:38 PM

I was afraid that was the issue on the dash.

Headlights are back to working. Hope it is one of those gremlins some time on a charger will solve.

Also, thanks to the forum, turns out the whine is the A/C system. Didn't realize that was even a possibility, and my head went straight to the driveline. If it hasn't been done before, I will probably give it a shot depending on what I find. Research to continue! But that means I'm not worried for the driveline and am going for a road trip this weekend.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:34 PM

Tonights event, battery charger at least has prelim install. Going to order an interstate AGM for her next week when I get back from my road trip. And then loaded up some CD's for the weekends road trip (where hopefully I will remember to get better pictures). Wondered to myself why I didn't start with acoustic CD's, know those would sound the best...

Old 06-18-2016, 12:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

There are several threads on this forum dealing with the dashboard issue. Suggest you type in either pulled or bubbling dashboard leather in the search box at the top of this page. You will find several different threads dealing with the issue. Look for Tberg in particular he has cured his problem without having to buy a new dashboard. By the way, welcome aboard and enjoy your new ride. You are in for a treat. Good luck!!