XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Jumping in with everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 08:17 AM
Received 154 Likes on 96 Posts

Congrats , had a 76 vette same thing love/ hate mine had a few performance upgrades but cabin heat in long drives in summer unbearable. You will forget about that vette in .30 seconds , maybe less.

Old 11-24-2021, 12:26 PM
Received 44 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadacat
Congrats , had a 76 vette same thing love/ hate mine had a few performance upgrades but cabin heat in long drives in summer unbearable. You will forget about that vette in .30 seconds , maybe less.
Yeah I already forgot about it the first time I drove the 944 S! That is one fun car to drive! I'm betting once I drive the Jag the 944 is going to seem like dog! I swear the turning radius in the Vette wasn't much better than my full size truck! It wasn't fast off the line, and that 3spd was MISERABLE on the highway. The only good thing about it was how it looked and sounded. My very first car I ever owned was a 914 back when I was 20. Thing is every sports car I owned there was something I didn't like about it... performance... looks... sometimes both. This XK is the first car that there is nothing I would want to change about it! 'Maybe' do something with the exhaust for a more aggressive sound, but that's it, and I am not sure I would even do that!

you guys have been great and helpful.

Old 11-24-2021, 01:15 PM

I tracked down my window sticker
Okay it came with what is shown, so yes it did come with the performance seats (the build data that came up with my VIN wasn't quite right) It does have the Black Diamond Pack as mentioned. What does 'LP Frame Package' mean? Edit: Duh... LP... License Plate. I should have guess that. The dealership said it has locking or security screws so nobody steals the plate. Never thought of that but okay that's cool!

I'm super excited!

Last edited by WHB64; 11-24-2021 at 04:00 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by WHB64:
Barry Leftwich (12-01-2021), Cee Jay (11-24-2021), DGL (11-28-2021), jahummer (11-24-2021), pk4144 (11-26-2021), ralphwg (11-24-2021), Sean W (11-26-2021), steve_k_xk (11-24-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-24-2021, 10:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

You now have answers to most of your questions. Regarding modified exhaust/warranty issues. I have had the Mina exhaust on my 2013 vert from the day I bought it with (new in 2016) and have never had an issue with the dealer or Jaguar NA about it.

The following users liked this post:
steve_k_xk (11-24-2021)
Old 11-24-2021, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ralphwg
You now have answers to most of your questions. Regarding modified exhaust/warranty issues. I have had the Mina exhaust on my 2013 vert from the day I bought it with (new in 2016) and have never had an issue with the dealer or Jaguar NA about it.
Thanks Ralph. I'm looking at the Mina exhaust now. So would you say it gives a little louder and that 'growl' of an exotic that everyone associates with these type of cars? When I test drove an F Type (nobody had an XK for me to drive) it had it, but not as pronounced as I was hoping for. Some guys love the straight tube from the resonator, while other say it's a bit too loud. I want a blend... but not so loud that it is a police magnet (like my Vette with the side pipes was).

Old 11-26-2021, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

I get lots of compliments on my XKR's sound, including from the service writer at the dealership where I bought it and where it was serviced under warranty. When you letup on the accelerator there is a little crackle and pop kind of like an amplified burble. It does not sound like a supercharge 5 litre F-Type. It is much more genteel. When you WOT it roars and sounds great with top up or down and the windows open or closed. If you should decide to go the Mina route his rear box is a bolt on and the chrome tips IMO are much better looking than the stock tips.

I also think he may give you a discount if you mention that you are on the Forum.

Old 11-27-2021, 02:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 577 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by WHB64
Okay it came with what is shown, so yes it did come with the performance seats (the build data that came up with my VIN wasn't quite right) It does have the Black Diamond Pack as mentioned. What does 'LP Frame Package' mean? Edit: Duh... LP... License Plate. I should have guess that. The dealership said it has locking or security screws so nobody steals the plate. Never thought of that but okay that's cool!

I'm super excited!

...learn something every day.
In all my years on this forum, I've never heard of the Black Diamond Pack. Makes perfect sense and answers every quirk/question I had about the car. And now you know it's fully stock, which I'm always a fan of.

The following 2 users liked this post by pk4144:
DGL (11-28-2021), steve_k_xk (11-27-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by pk4144
...learn something every day.
In all my years on this forum, I've never heard of the Black Diamond Pack. Makes perfect sense and answers every quirk/question I had about the car. And now you know it's fully stock, which I'm always a fan of.
What's odd is when I try to look up this car and options, the Black Diamond Pack is always talked about as an option for the XKR, which my car certainly is not an R. It mentions that part of the Black Diamond Pack is an improved suspension, but again they are talking about the R not regular XK. They did have a 2015 XK called the Signature Series, but it doesn't mention the Black Diamond Pack. I guess I'll find out when it is finally delivered I'm just curious is all... what I do know is I got a low miles nice looking XK

Old 11-27-2021, 02:17 PM
Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Great specs on your car. You are going to enjoy it very much. Looking forward to seeing photos when you receive it. Best of luck!

The following users liked this post:
steve_k_xk (11-27-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 02:41 AM

Has anyone heard of the Black Diamond Pack? I found reference to a 'Black Pack', but the only mention of the Black Diamond is in the writeup for the 2015 XK-
'The luxury focused XK Signature model – with a 385PS 5.0-litre V8 engine – is fitted with a host of additional features including standard 20” Kalimnos wheels and Reverse Park Camera, while the performance focused 510PS 5.0-litre supercharged XK Dynamic R – based on the existing XKR – offers Black Dynamic Pack, which incorporates XKR-S suspension and dynamics and a 10mm reduction in ride height, plus Speed Pack, which equips the car with an Aerodynamic Pack and an increased top speed of 174mph. A Performance Active Exhaust is also standard equipment.' (Actually I like the Kalimnos rims better than the Venom rims)

I'm thinking it must be a typo on the window sticker, but how do I find out the exact build of my car? I did contact Jaguar but haven't heard back from them. My car definitely isn't an R, no hood louvers, R badge, and single exhaust tips, but the window sticker does list an $8000 option- the Black Diamond Pack, and under that it lists an Aerodynamic kit. Is the aerodynamic kit basically a ground effects kit? When looking at pictures of my car and other XK's I don't really see a difference except mine has all the chrome blacked out. It's hard to believe the performance seats, rims, aero kit and blacked out chrome is an $8K upgrade, but then again these cars aren't exactly cheap.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Likely marketing mumbo jumbo, you’ve diamond stitch seats which’s rare for an XK, you’ve blacked out trim and the aero kit’s the rear spoiler upgrade.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:59 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by WHB64

I'm super excited!
Where did you find the window sticker?

Old 11-28-2021, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by jahummer
Likely marketing mumbo jumbo, you’ve diamond stitch seats which’s rare for an XK, you’ve blacked out trim and the aero kit’s the rear spoiler upgrade.
Agreed sounds like marketing. Honestly, I wouldn't say it was worth $8K in value to me if I was buying this brand new. Personally, and this is just me, but I think the rims are a downgrade- I like the Kalimnos rims better I do like the blacked out look and bigger spoiler, but again, $8K is a lot for that and the seats!

Old 11-28-2021, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member

Try buying them separately....

The following 3 users liked this post by jahummer:
Cee Jay (11-28-2021), DGL (11-28-2021), steve_k_xk (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 09:20 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

I have a 2014 XKR Dynamic R, which includes the Performance Pack, Black Pack, Performance Active Exhaust, Speed Kit, and many XKR-S upgrades (upgraded front knockles, speed limited 174, and a few more). The XKR was offered with a "Performance Pack" which only included, suede steering wheel, and performance diamond quilted sewed seats, no real performance upgrades found in the Dynamic Pack (upgraded front knuckles, stiffer springs and 1/2" lower, quicker shift ratio) . You definitely have a rare XK.

I'm on my 3rd XKR, which is a keeper. I never get tired of looking at it and the thrill of driving it. Enjoy your new ride, it looks fantastic.

Old 11-28-2021, 10:18 AM
Veteran Member

Had another look at your pics, looks like the "aero" kit also included the front lip spoiler on yours, that was not standard.

Old 11-28-2021, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by jahummer
Had another look at your pics, looks like the "aero" kit also included the front lip spoiler on yours, that was not standard.
yeah the sticker mentions the aero kit, what is that though, just that front spoiler (if you can call it that lol) and bigger rear spoiler? I do like the bigger duck tail. Like I said though, if the Kalimnos rims are the ones I think (looks like mine but has the 'bolts'), I'd rather have those and to me the Venoms are a downgrade... unless someone can tell me why they would be considered and upgrade option. IIR I read that they are 20x10's, that's a pretty big tire if that's right.

Old 11-28-2021, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

This is the Diamond Stitch Performance Interior Pack and it was an option on the XK Portfolio so maybe they meant that?

Old 11-28-2021, 08:09 PM

The 2015 came standard with a lot of that already, the Bowers&Wilkins sound system, heated steering wheel, even metal foot pedals from what I read. The dealership message is a bit confusing, but I might be getting it tomorrow or the next day! I'll find out soon I hope.

Old 11-29-2021, 07:31 AM

I got a message yesterday about it being delivered, and called today to confirm... and I lost the car. 'Suddenly' it became 'unsellable'. They said during the predelivery inspection the dashboard is separating and they 'smell a coolant leak'. The car was fine two weeks ago during their presale inspection and now it's 'completely unsellable'... their words. I'm not happy at all.

Quick Reply: Jumping in with everyone!