XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Just bought a 2007 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boony97
Thank you guys.

Should I be concerned that it has over 130k miles for under $15k?
I got 2007 coupe for $13k (a couple of grand more with a two year extended power train warranty) with 132K miles last year (Feb 2016) out of Austin, drove it home to Houston and have had no issue until this week. Now with 156k miles. I am getting a low fuel pressure code, but its running fine so far but need to address it.

I was pleasantly surprised how good of condition mine was in and still is so far. It was obviously well cared for by its two previous owners. Flawless platinum paint and only recently noted a slight pulling away of the rear hatch deck fabric. Should be easy to address with some 3M spray adhesive I have the wrinkling on the right dash which seems to be a common problem, especially where the sun shines a lot. (not so easy to address but have a cover the dealership provided and no one seems to notice....well, except me).

That being said, mine is not an "R" model, which is fine by me. It has plenty of power when and and if I need it. 97% of my driving is in Houston's moderate to heavy traffic. On my 20 mile commute, each way, I am averaging about 26 mpg. An ex girlfriend had a 2007 XKR convertible and was lucky to get 15 mpg. To be fair, she had a lead foot and since, in addition to being an attorney, I am a cop, I get my fill of fast driving when in a patrol car (not kidding, you know you are no longer a rookie when you no longer get any thrill when driving with lights and siren).

Last edited by CBarberJD; 06-28-2017 at 12:24 AM.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBarberJD
I got 2007 coupe for $13k (a couple of grand more with a two year extended power train warranty) with 132K miles last year (Feb 2016) out of Austin, drove it home to Houston and have had no issue until this week. Now with 156k miles. I am getting a low fuel pressure code, but its running fine so far but need to address it.

I was pleasantly surprised how good of condition mine was in and still is so far. It was obviously well cared for by its two previous owners. Flawless platinum paint and only recently noted a slight pulling away of the rear hatch deck fabric. Should be easy to address with some 3M spray adhesive I have the wrinkling on the right dash which seems to be a common problem, especially where the sun shines a lot. (not so easy to address but have a cover the dealership provided and no one seems to notice....well, except me).

That being said, mine is not an "R" model, which is fine by me. It has plenty of power when and and if I need it. 97% of my driving is in Houston's moderate to heavy traffic. On my 20 mile commute, each way, I am averaging about 26 mpg. An ex girlfriend had a 2007 XKR convertible and was lucky to get 15 mpg. To be fair, she had a lead foot and since, in addition to being an attorney, I am a cop, I get my fill of fast driving when in a patrol car (not kidding, you know you are no longer a rookie when you no longer get any thrill when driving with lights and siren).

thank you you for the reply... I'm curious, whAt is your maintenance schedule for ur XK with 156k? Costs as well if you don't mind me asking?
also, now that you are the new proud owner, with proper maintenance, what kind of life are you expecting out of it?

Old 07-03-2017, 11:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Up to this week I have done nothing but make sure the oil is changed and fluids are good. I did get new tires a few months ago. After reading this forum for way too long, I sprung for a new AGM battery. I installed it this morning when i got off duty. I hope it addresses a couple of gremlins (not consistently recognizing my key fob, couple of dead car when a jump brought it back to life).

As mentioned, I'm getting a couple of error codes that came on earlier this week. They are indicating low and high fuel rail issues. The car puttered and stalled on me yesterday but started back up fine and got me to work yesterday and today. A close friend, now an engineer, worked in a Mercedes/Audi shop as a mechanic for years when going through school. He can look at it but is not back in town until the 10th. He has worked on a few of my cars and I would much rather pay him. However, I don't know if I can stand it until his return so I may be taking it to Motorcars LTD here in Houston. They worked on my '97 XJ back in the day. For a car with so many miles, a first consideration is a fuel filter....if I"m lucky.

I may jack it up and take a look at the filter. Funny, I have restored a couple of old Mustangs and have built and test flown my own experimental aircraft and helped others with theirs but remain very hesitant to tackle too much on the Jaguar. Go figure.

The car has not presented any issue until now and I am still enamored by the thing.

Unlike many here, I use mine as a daily driver.

Last edited by CBarberJD; 07-04-2017 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Thick fingers, small keyboard