Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Light

I have a blinking light showing headlights both of my headlights are working

Old 03-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

We can't help you without Model and year and a much clearer definition of you concern eg. what dash light is flashing? its symbol, color: green, blue, or both?
Do you have fault code ? A code reader is a must for all modern vehicles; they are very cheap these days. If you don't have one, get one!

Trying to help you.................Adrian

Old 03-22-2016, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,391 Likes on 3,189 Posts

What year? What model? Adaptive headlights???
You really should make a signature block and have your vehicle details in it so people know more of what you ask.
I will assume it's a 2007-2015 XK or XKR.
I will also assume you have the Adaptive Headlights.
Also, I will assume it's the yellow dash indicator with the two-ended arrow under it.
My XKR also, every once in awhile, will have the Headlight Warning on the dash. To clear it, I turn off the car, then give a firm but not abusive couple soft punches to each headlight near the top. When I restart the car, the warning is always gone. I think I have a little bit of a bind somewhere in the motors/actuators, and the little bump I give them loosens them up. Yes, I know it's not the best solution, but when replacements cost $2500 each, I'll deal with it.

Old 03-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Received 421 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
You really should make a signature block and have your vehicle details in it so people know more of what you ask.
Also, I will assume it's the yellow dash indicator with the two-ended arrow under it.
My XKR also, every once in awhile, will have the Headlight Warning on the dash. To clear it, I turn off the car, then give a firm but not abusive couple soft punches to each headlight near the top. When I restart the car, the warning is always gone. I think I have a little bit of a bind somewhere in the motors/actuators, and the little bump I give them loosens them up. Yes, I know it's not the best solution, but when replacements cost $2500 each, I'll deal with it.
^^^^ If it moves and it shouldn't - duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should - WD40.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by britannia
We can't help you without Model and year and a much clearer definition of you concern eg. what dash light is flashing? its symbol, color: green, blue, or both?
Do you have fault code ? A code reader is a must for all modern vehicles; they are very cheap these days. If you don't have one, get one!

Trying to help you.................Adrian
2007 xkr no code it's in the symbol of a headlight been blinking for a year now the color is like orange

Old 03-24-2016, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Ty will try it I will let you know if work