XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Looking for help with Aston Martin/ Jaguar transmission control module

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 09:16 AM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by MoscowLeaper
Won't be that easy, the WDS is Win95/98 machine, so the whole software is compiled to that target OS. But the modern OSes (XP-up) are not that compatible with 95/98, especially in case if the 95/98 sw is using some dirty hacks ( like WDS ). Then there'll be a big issues with the NIC driver - WDS is using the different NIC model to communicate with the vehicle and there's no drivers for 2000-up Windows. The NIC hw is different too actually.
MoscowLeaper is understood to be the source of much JLR IDS/SDD magic. I would really like to have you for an ally.
Like a bumble bee, I don't completely understand the aerodynamics that say I can't fly.

I am aware that WDS used Win98, a different vehicle interface and network interface connection. I am hoping to pick out the AM data and splice it into the JLR IDS/SDD. Continue using the mongoose VCI and the program functions under Xp or even WIN7. Maybe it will be obvious when I see the AM CD13 data.

Last edited by Bill400; 05-11-2024 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:17 PM
Received 339 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill400
MoscowLeaper is understood to be the source of much JLR IDS/SDD magic. I would really like to have you for an ally.
Like a bumble bee, I don't completely understand the aerodynamics that say I can't fly.

I am aware that WDS used Win98, a different vehicle interface and network interface connection. I am hoping to pick out the AM data and splice it into the JLR IDS/SDD. Continue using the mongoose VCI and the program functions under Xp or even WIN7. Maybe it will be obvious when I see the AM CD13 data.
There's a lot of communication stuff hardcoded into .dll's, so sometimes importing a .xml/.exml data won't help.
And some APIs of WDS are quite different to IDS/SDD ones.

Old 05-17-2024, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill400
HPP,
I have been looking into this for a friend in Florida, USA. A sophisticated attempt to steal his 2008 Vanquish left the transmission inoperative.
What I know: Vanquish uses an Italian transmission integrated with the differential. It is a semi-automatic manual transmission.
Jaguar XK/Rs are totally different and use ZF transmissions mounted to the rear of the engine.
Having dived deeply into IDS/SDD, editing the program, I can assure you that it cannot be used to work on the Vanquish or any AML.
The software that you need is the Aston Martin Diagnostic Service (AMDS) tool. I understand that it is strictly controlled. Unobtainable.
I thought that EU regulations required manufacturers make service tools available.
Check out: https://aston1936.com/2021/03/16/an-...every-toolbox/
Not tried it but haven't seen anything equivalent. If you find anything better, please advise.
I hate when companies do this crap so that you must go to a dealer for service, in the US they are starting to have right to repair laws so that some shops and people that want to own diagnostic equipment can work on these things. I have a Autel unit that work on a lot of this stuff, but they still can't release software unless the OEM give them the keys to open it up.