XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Looking for "the one"

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally have a pictures to share!

William "new home" picture by Chakka71 - Photobucket

Really enjoying "William". My daughter decided it looks more like a William than Kate...

Old 10-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,284 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Chakka,
Very nice! It's interesting how much the choice of interior color changes the entire character of the car. Compare yours with the charcoal seats with cranberry stitching and engine-spun aluminum fascia, to mine with the charcoal/ivory interior and walnut fascia. Both are 2009 Portfolio models.

Stuart

Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Looks awesome, good choice of colors!

Old 10-18-2012, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Chakka,
Very nice! It's interesting how much the choice of interior color changes the entire character of the car. Compare yours with the charcoal seats with cranberry stitching and engine-spun aluminum fascia, to mine with the charcoal/ivory interior and walnut fascia. Both are 2009 Portfolio models.

Stuart
You're right. Very different. Almost had your interior choice but dealership was
less than honest in their pictures. Very pleased!

Old 10-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Did Chantilly ever phone you back a few days later? That's a common tactic. I can't believe they didn't over $500.

Last edited by JustNiz; 10-18-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

My experience with a certified warranty wasn't too bad as long as you understand what you're getting. Wear and tear is not covered and you would find it amazing what a dealer considers wear and tear. My auto sensing wipers went crazy, took it to the dealer who said the sensor came unglued from the windshield. Not covered by the warranty. Most everything else was covered, including corrosion of exterior trim pieces and separation of interior leather door panels. I had to fight to get them to replace some cracked interior wood trim however. 14 days after warranty expired, my passenger seat stopped working, needed new seat module ($800), would not cover it. It is not a B2B warranty.
Be aware that most dealers will not provide a loaner for a certified car unless you bought it from them.

I just purchased a 2009 XKR Portfolio (black interior, 39k miles) and love it. I went with a 3rd party extended warranty (4yr -75k miles) $3,900, mainly because my experience has been that as these cars age (not necessarily mileage), the electronics, window regulators and fuel system start to act up. Seems most any repair starts at $200.

My car does not have a single scratch or flaw on it, other than a little wear on the driver seat. You should expect no less in a XKR owned by someone who cared for it like they should have.

One piece of advice - if you buy used, make sure you get 2 sets of keys. A second set is very expensive to buy.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Did Chantilly ever phone you back a few days later? That's a common tactic. I can't believe they didn't over $500.
No call back. They dropped the price on their website and now it appears they sold the car. It was in their inventory since March. I don't think they liked my PPI of the car. Everything I thought was excessive as far as condition for a car with 30k miles was noted. Bottom line for me was the rear tires. To flat out lie to me about them, then when I mention it say, "we'll put new one's on" just showed me they bought the car, put it in inventory, slapped inspection on it and tried to sell. I know they need to make money and respect that, but I expected better business from a Jaguar/Range Rover dealership. There is a reason their BBB rating is a B-.

I'm 100% happy with the deal I got, the warranty and of course the car. It is absolutely one of the best looking cars on the road!