XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Major coolant leak behind engine?

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major coolant leak behind engine?

My XKR 4.2 was overheating and after adding coolant I noticed a major coolant leak from the back of the engine... what would this be? And what does anyone have a step by step guide to fixing this? Would this be the water pump location under the manifold?

Under the car

And for reference in this area below

Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,375 Likes on 3,183 Posts

Possible Throttle Body Coolant Line got ruptured or disconnected. Take all that intake crap off the top and follow the hoses.
It could also be the coolant lines under the blower, which is MUCH more involved.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
guy (Yesterday), Mikesoja (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 778 Posts

How many miles on the car? I know nothing of your car but I can tell you that all my hoses (manufacturing date September '06) were replaced at 75,000 km. Though they aren't leaking, it is time to do them again this fall. I do change the coolant every 2 years.
While the supercharger is off, it will be thoroughly cleaned, fluids replaced, etc at the same time.

Worst case scenario, your car is 18 years old... you are significantly overdue for this maintenance requirement.

Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by guy
How many miles on the car? I know nothing of your car but I can tell you that all my hoses (manufacturing date September '06) were replaced at 75,000 km. Though they aren't leaking, it is time to do them again this fall. I do change the coolant every 2 years.
While the supercharger is off, it will be thoroughly cleaned, fluids replaced, etc at the same time.

Worst case scenario, your car is 18 years old... you are significantly overdue for this maintenance requirement.
I believe you are correct in being overdueoverit has just hit 250,000kms! I'm already getting a lot of suspension bushings replaced and sway bar links.. haven't touched the engine but I'm assuming there's a lot that should be done I just have no clue as i bought it a month ago..and this is the first thing that has happened 🤯 could you do a guide if you do your maintenance on your hoses unless you have a link to how to remove the supercharger etc to gain access. I'd like to work on this car myself as much as possible just don't have the knowledge and havent seen much in terms of yourube videos.

Old Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by guy

I believe you are correct in being overdueoverit has just hit 250,000kms! I'm already getting a lot of suspension bushings replaced and sway bar links.. haven't touched the engine but I'm assuming there's a lot that should be done I just have no clue as i bought it a month ago..and this is the first thing that has happened 🤯 could you do a guide if you do your maintenance on your hoses unless you have a link to how to remove the supercharger etc to gain access. I'd like to work on this car myself as much as possible just don't have the knowledge and havent seen much in terms of YouTube videos.

Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,375 Likes on 3,183 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikesoja
I believe you are correct in being overdueoverit has just hit 250,000kms! I'm already getting a lot of suspension bushings replaced and sway bar links.. haven't touched the engine but I'm assuming there's a lot that should be done I just have no clue as i bought it a month ago..and this is the first thing that has happened 🤯 could you do a guide if you do your maintenance on your hoses unless you have a link to how to remove the supercharger etc to gain access. I'd like to work on this car myself as much as possible just don't have the knowledge and havent seen much in terms of yourube videos.
Originally Posted by Mikesoja
I believe you are correct in being overdueoverit has just hit 250,000kms! I'm already getting a lot of suspension bushings replaced and sway bar links.. haven't touched the engine but I'm assuming there's a lot that should be done I just have no clue as i bought it a month ago..and this is the first thing that has happened 🤯 could you do a guide if you do your maintenance on your hoses unless you have a link to how to remove the supercharger etc to gain access. I'd like to work on this car myself as much as possible just don't have the knowledge and havent seen much in terms of YouTube videos.
What was that now?

Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 550 Likes on 351 Posts

This guy goes through strip down on an XJR - some of it pertains to the XKR

The following users liked this post:
Mikesoja (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
What was that now?
ah sorry resent the same message..

Old Today, 02:41 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,106 Likes on 778 Posts

What you need is the workshop manual.
Graham has organized sticky threads on the top of this very forum. Get yourself the workshop manual.

I haven’t seen the video posted but you need to be careful about referencing videos…. Any hack can create one.

Also, there are a number of good threads here. See Ranchero’ thread on “fix this green junk”

250,000…. Also see the maintenance schedule sticky.

The following 2 users liked this post by guy:
McJag222 (Today), Mikesoja (Today)
Old Today, 03:35 PM
Received 2,633 Likes on 1,814 Posts

Here is a link to the X150 Workshop Manual:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/6h1c3...=i9n831yu&dl=0

Here is a link to the X150 Workshop Manual supplement for the AJ133/AJ133S:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/j5n9x...=vjx5dcy8&dl=0

The following users liked this post:
Mikesoja (Today)