XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

It may be that time again

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default It may be that time again

Well for a lot of us looking at the results of the weather over the last few day it may be time to put the babies away. I see the mid west got hit hard and the snow moved on to the east but not at the same fury here. Yesterday it was 55+* here and today I've got about 2" of snow. It will most likely melt here during the day but the damage has been done by our local highway department. We now have a nice coating of sand and CC on the roads so I'll be staying in the garage until we get a few rains to wash it away. If not I'm in until March or April. For those who got hit hard stay safe . Looks like a good time to do some clean and detail work.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Well for a lot of us looking at the results of the weather over the last few day it may be time to put the babies away. I see the mid west got hit hard and the snow moved on to the east but not at the same fury here. Yesterday it was 55+* here and today I've got about 2" of snow. It will most likely melt here during the day but the damage has been done by our local highway department. We now have a nice coating of sand and CC on the roads so I'll be staying in the garage until we get a few rains to wash it away. If not I'm in until March or April. For those who got hit hard stay safe . Looks like a good time to do some clean and detail work.
Ha! Was thinking the same thing. Storm came through MPLS on Friday but was all rain, at least in the southern burbs. North and West of us got hit with snow. No snow in the forecast yet.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts
Default My season is over Jagtoes

Sleet this morning, snow tonight and tomorrow. The salt trucks are already out in force. I guess my only opportunity now is a hard rain to wash the road salt. Not likely this time of year.

Old 11-22-2016, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

I'm in Utah, supposedly "Greatest Snow on Earth".
Good thing that snow is mostly in the mountains. There is usually only a total of 10-20 un-Jag-drivable days per winter.